Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

on 7/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how they got a titanium based SPF not to separate into pores and a pressed powder texture not to show lines...but they did. Ivory is neutral enough for my pale mixed complexion. It doesn't stay fresh and light all day. There are some midday pores and ruddiness. But it is easy enough to reapply without cakiness. I can't believe I haven't used loose powder in months and I don't really miss it. My skin looks flawless upon application and i can lay it on heavy and it doesn't get gookey or look like heavy makeup at all. I put a little concealer on the tough areas. Very happy with this! I never had oily skin but had the midday t-zone oilies, but no more. Just wished it lasted longer. I need one per month, not so cheap, afterall.

on 6/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I loved this. NO lines, pores, separating with oils, great color, stays in place etc. They decided to take the sunblock out of it. Neutrogena's phone rep said it was a business decision. I need the addtional physical block over my chemical block mositurizer since I have melasma. Now I have no use for it. Hope I can find something comparable.

This I hated every mineral powder foundation I have ever tried especially with mica as an ingredient because it causes the shine, which only calls out lines and pores. I winced when I saw this had mica. Don't know how they got it to look matte but not powdery matte. It took a few minutes for it to meld into my skin. Used the pad for a more matte finish with no luminosity that accentuates pores and fine lines. I always return to liquid with a loose powder cover, but not this time.
Like : Titanium Dioxide based SPF to put over my chemical block;
Smooth matte finish no matter the hot temperature and humidity;
Fine lines; pores and wrinkles are not accentuated;
stays in place and doesn't transfer; not too powdery or drying; classic ivory looks neutral on my skin, not peachy or pinky; color does not oxidize; handles oil well; minimum t-zone shine after many, many hours; doesn't rise to the surface and separate; no clogged pores; light & breathable on the skin given I use a lighter moisturizer and not my heavy one; evens skin tone; light to medium coverage

Dislike: The mirror is on the bottom part of the compact so I have to flip back and forth constantly while applying.