Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 7/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how they got a titanium based SPF not to separate into pores and a pressed powder texture not to show lines...but they did. Ivory is neutral enough for my pale mixed complexion. It doesn't stay fresh and light all day. There are some midday pores and ruddiness. But it is easy enough to reapply without cakiness. I can't believe I haven't used loose powder in months and I don't really miss it. My skin looks flawless upon application and i can lay it on heavy and it doesn't get gookey or look like heavy makeup at all. I put a little concealer on the tough areas. Very happy with this! I never had oily skin but had the midday t-zone oilies, but no more. Just wished it lasted longer. I need one per month, not so cheap, afterall.

on 6/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I loved this. NO lines, pores, separating with oils, great color, stays in place etc. They decided to take the sunblock out of it. Neutrogena's phone rep said it was a business decision. I need the addtional physical block over my chemical block mositurizer since I have melasma. Now I have no use for it. Hope I can find something comparable.

This I hated every mineral powder foundation I have ever tried especially with mica as an ingredient because it causes the shine, which only calls out lines and pores. I winced when I saw this had mica. Don't know how they got it to look matte but not powdery matte. It took a few minutes for it to meld into my skin. Used the pad for a more matte finish with no luminosity that accentuates pores and fine lines. I always return to liquid with a loose powder cover, but not this time.
Like : Titanium Dioxide based SPF to put over my chemical block;
Smooth matte finish no matter the hot temperature and humidity;
Fine lines; pores and wrinkles are not accentuated;
stays in place and doesn't transfer; not too powdery or drying; classic ivory looks neutral on my skin, not peachy or pinky; color does not oxidize; handles oil well; minimum t-zone shine after many, many hours; doesn't rise to the surface and separate; no clogged pores; light & breathable on the skin given I use a lighter moisturizer and not my heavy one; evens skin tone; light to medium coverage

Dislike: The mirror is on the bottom part of the compact so I have to flip back and forth constantly while applying.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this for awhile and I do like it as a finishing powder. As a foundation it is just too sheer and doesn't last long enough on me. I'll look good in the morning, then by the time I get to school I look as though I have no foundation on again. I tend to use it as a finishing powder now and also to set my concealer. I'm starting to give up on mineral foundations. I think they tend to make those of us with a few wrinkles look much older. Still, I'd buy this product again as it is a good powder and did not cause breakouts. Note that the lightest color in this range is slightly darker than most ranges, it is for fair to light skin. And all of the colors are slightly yellow-warm toned.

on 7/5/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I generally dislike loose mineral foundation because of the mess factor, and have longed for a pressed portable alternative. This is very nearly perfect for 12.99. The coverage is medium, but with a concealer or tinted moisturizer with spf underneath, it is enough. It applies evenly with the sponge, and there is no shine, no itch, no mess. So quick! I would not and do not rely on this for your only spf.

The colors are similar to their liquid makeup line, and as a BE medium beige, I wear the 50 in the winter and 60 in the summer.

6/09 I edited this to upgrade to 5 lippies--this has become my HG summer/mineral foundation. At Target they have a package with a free brush. The brush leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, it was free.

on 6/12/2008 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really didn't care for this the way I thought I would. In fact, I would say that I like the other version with the brush and awkward packaging more than I like this. First off, this didn't cover the way I thought it was going to. Second off, it reminded me of brushing chalk on my face. It was that dry and matte. It looked horrible. I didn't have time to wipe it off and start over, so I had to use a "shiny" foundation to tone things down. This product is a dry-skinned gal's worst enemy! UPDATE: Tried again with the provided sponge, thinking I could gain some coverage from it, and wow, I hate it even worse than I originally did. I think I hate this even worse than Cover Girl Simply Powder, which sucked. All the same previous comments apply, would never repurchase, and I'm even considering throwing the darn thing away.