Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

I do like this product although nude was a bit dark and slightly orange for my light medium yellow skin tone, I cant use it alone so at first I did not like it but with moisturizer or primer underneath worked great!

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Tricky to apply, but does give med. coverage. By the end of the day it settled funny in wrinkles & on pimples. I would not recommend this.

I am very happy with this product! After a bad experience with BE's Ready Foundation, I was on a quest to find a powder foundation that looks natural, is easy to apply, and can be tucked into my purse or back pack for quick touch ups. I picked up Fair Ivory and found it to be a good match. The compact comes with a little sponge applicator, but I prefer to apply with a makeup brush. You can build coverage very easily without it looking like a mask. Just make sure you apply in small amounts until you achieve the coverage you need. I have dry skin, especially now that it's winter, but if I use BB cream or moisturizer and/or primer before application, it does not accentuate my wrinkles. I avoid the eye area and use a liquid foundation or concealer around my eyes. This product is great at covering up the redness and sun spots on my face and looks very natural, I love it.

Since I just bought my 3rd compact of this I thought I should take a minute to review. I switched to mineral makeup after finally figuring out that my skin hates silicones and being tired of break outs all the time. My skin is sensitive and rosacea prone with redness in my nose and cheeks. This has improved my skin so much that I find myself using less and less as time goes on. I do use the lightest shade, 10, which is a good match, but I could see extremely fair girls having a rough time matching their color. I apply this over sunscreen with my Urban Decay optical blurring brush, as I'm not a fan of the sponge. If I need a little extra coverage I'll use a flat top brush. One coat over my entire face and a second coat over my red areas covers well. My skin tone appears even, but my freckles are still there, which is a nice natural look for me. It lasts all day, with a touch up over red areas in the evening. It doesn't dry out or irritate my face, and doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. No oxidation at all. I could see it looking powdery if you layer too much, but not a problem with light layers. The compact is bulky, and if you drop it the powder will shatter, unfortunately. It is more expensive than some, but I'll pay for a quality ds product. Walgreens and Meijer frequently put it on sale for bogo half off, so I stock up then. Overall I'm very happy with this and will continue to buy. EDIT 1/30/14: switched to Pur Minerals, as the light is a better shade for me. This was too yellow, and the Pur Minerals has better coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After suffering from Perioral dermatitis due to a cyclopentasiloxane and silicone allergy in liquid makeups, I'm so happy to have found this makeup. It's affordable and easy to find. Matches my skin very well and covers well. It's sheer to medium but I would not build it up too much. This makeup is helping my face heal. The ingredients are very safe and I have had no reactions to it at all. No itchiness, no irritation. For me that is a bonus. I do think it is slightly drying but my skin is a little fragile and dry right now. Using a non silicone primer has helped it go on even smoother (Korres Anti-aging primer is a nice non-silicone one).

I would say that if you have very sensitive skin or need a quick powder to even out your skin for daily wear this is a excellent drugstore formulation (Which is rare to find). I do think the Maybelline mineral makeup is a better finish but it makes me a itch a bit, this one does not.
the finish is matte which is good for oily skin, I'm more dry so I use a Mineral illuminating on top and it looks great, natural and my skin can breathe!!

on 12/6/2012 8:04:00 PM

I use this for setting my foundation or BB cream. Good product, I just wish the packaging was less tacky, but let's be realistic - not going to happen for the price.
I will repurchase.

on 7/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how they got a titanium based SPF not to separate into pores and a pressed powder texture not to show lines...but they did. Ivory is neutral enough for my pale mixed complexion. It doesn't stay fresh and light all day. There are some midday pores and ruddiness. But it is easy enough to reapply without cakiness. I can't believe I haven't used loose powder in months and I don't really miss it. My skin looks flawless upon application and i can lay it on heavy and it doesn't get gookey or look like heavy makeup at all. I put a little concealer on the tough areas. Very happy with this! I never had oily skin but had the midday t-zone oilies, but no more. Just wished it lasted longer. I need one per month, not so cheap, afterall.

on 4/6/2012 8:23:00 PM

In general I prefer coverage that is more glowing and not as matte. This one is matte but it covers rather well-light to medium. What I didn't like is they had no color option for anyone with pale skin. All shades they had were glaringly yellow. It really irritates me when makeup artists and manufacturers assume that all women have yellow tones in their skin. I have pale porcelain skin and anything with yellow tones makes me look jaundiced. I wouldn't buy this again unless they include some lighter skin shades since quality was ok for drugstore foundation

on 9/28/2011 10:48:00 PM

This is my first time trying a mineral powder foundation, and so far I'm happy with this product. My skin tends to be kind of dry, so I was a bit concerned this might emphasize fine lines and wrinkles, but so far this has not been the case. The product also does not irritate my skin which is a problem with some products. I do like the coverage, and at this point would buy again in the future. I was looking for a non-liquid foundation for when I travel, and so far this one is working well.

on 6/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I loved this. NO lines, pores, separating with oils, great color, stays in place etc. They decided to take the sunblock out of it. Neutrogena's phone rep said it was a business decision. I need the addtional physical block over my chemical block mositurizer since I have melasma. Now I have no use for it. Hope I can find something comparable.

This I hated every mineral powder foundation I have ever tried especially with mica as an ingredient because it causes the shine, which only calls out lines and pores. I winced when I saw this had mica. Don't know how they got it to look matte but not powdery matte. It took a few minutes for it to meld into my skin. Used the pad for a more matte finish with no luminosity that accentuates pores and fine lines. I always return to liquid with a loose powder cover, but not this time.
Like : Titanium Dioxide based SPF to put over my chemical block;
Smooth matte finish no matter the hot temperature and humidity;
Fine lines; pores and wrinkles are not accentuated;
stays in place and doesn't transfer; not too powdery or drying; classic ivory looks neutral on my skin, not peachy or pinky; color does not oxidize; handles oil well; minimum t-zone shine after many, many hours; doesn't rise to the surface and separate; no clogged pores; light & breathable on the skin given I use a lighter moisturizer and not my heavy one; evens skin tone; light to medium coverage

Dislike: The mirror is on the bottom part of the compact so I have to flip back and forth constantly while applying.