Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

on 10/3/2016 10:29:00 PM

I really like this, but it is quite sheer. If you're looking for the coverage of a powder foundation you may be disappointed-it really doesn't cover much of anything and wears like more of a setting powder...which is fine with me as I prefer setting powders and concealer rather than full foundation. Its light and smooth and feels good on the skin, not powdery or chalky or drying IMO. Combats shine for awhile, but I think my skin eats this throughout the day...by days end when I remove it with micelle water theres barely anything on the cotton pad...strange. I have this in Classic Ivory and I find it neither too white nor too yellow nor too beige...probably because its so sheer that its forgiving. Use this only if you have really good skin, or as a setting powder layered over something else

The best powder! I have oily skin so I need powder. But I don't want it to look like i'm wearing powder. This brand is the most translucent and light I have found. Only negative is the packaging. They should eliminate the bottom slide away compartment and just add more product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

on 2/23/2014 8:08:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's definitely a staple. It evens my skin time and stays matte for hours. Definitely a great alternative to liquid and healthier too.

Ugh! I thought this looked kind of powerdy and weird on but didn't realize how awful this product was until one day I had on one of my other foundations and put this one on as touch-up. It looked NASTY yellow compared to the other foundation, and made me look like I had a bad case of jaundice. This looks really cheap and dusty. I don't want to seem like an ad by telling you about any other powder foundation, so I'll just say save your money and DON'T buy this! If you can't afford a better foundation, you're better off without any makeup at all! No one's skin looks like this!

on 6/28/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great powder foundation. I have oily skin, and have trouble with large pores on my nose. After washing my face, I start with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer as my "base", and a few minutes later, I apply this powder foundation. My skin looks great! I also feel like my skin can breathe. My makeup lasts all day (even in the summer) and I only need to blot oil minimally through the day. Neutrogena products are made with SPF, and contain nutrients that are beneficial to the skin. Highly recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this for awhile and I do like it as a finishing powder. As a foundation it is just too sheer and doesn't last long enough on me. I'll look good in the morning, then by the time I get to school I look as though I have no foundation on again. I tend to use it as a finishing powder now and also to set my concealer. I'm starting to give up on mineral foundations. I think they tend to make those of us with a few wrinkles look much older. Still, I'd buy this product again as it is a good powder and did not cause breakouts. Note that the lightest color in this range is slightly darker than most ranges, it is for fair to light skin. And all of the colors are slightly yellow-warm toned.

on 10/19/2009 10:12:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product but found that it's just way too sheer to offer any decent coverage. It really should be marketed as a powder & not a powder foundation, although I find it barely even takes the shine off my T-zone. I originally thought I had just not applied an adequate amount, but the more you brush on, the more it makes skin look chalky; it also highlights imperfections especially lines & any patches of dry skin. I prefer Cover Girl TRUblend Pressed Mineral foundation as it offers just the right amount of coverage, blends in much better & appears to be of a finer mill. (Unfortunately, I just saw on the CG site that they're discontinuing this product, FYI.) Anywho, if you're looking for any kind of semi-decent mineral coverage, I'd suggest you not waste your $$ on this product & instead try another brand.

on 10/19/2009 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always used liquid or cream foundation because I thought they covered the best. I don't have terrible skin, but I do have occasional breakouts and uneven texture and some redness. I decided to try this powder foundation because it got good reviews. I really like it. It covers just as well as a liquid and doesn't cake up even when I touch up through out the day. The only thing I don't like is how expensive it is. But I am out of it and will definitely buy again. It's hard finding the perfect make-up for your skin tone so when I find something I like, I stick with it.