Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

Great foundation, gives me light coverage and a slightly matte finish. The sponge smells though?! Don't know why. I have been using that because I haven't had time to get a kabuki, which I'd like to try using it with. I love how you store the sponge under the product with a big mirror, will come in handy. A bit expensive for a drugstore powder in my opinion. But will repurchase!

This has been my everyday foundation for around 2 years now. I used to use the little sponge that is included, but I find I get more natural looking coverage with a powder foundation brush. I like the light coverage this gives because if you apply it right, it looks like you aren't wearing makeup, but it helps even out your skin tone. I would like it to be a little bit more build-able because it doesn't cover any breakouts or redness very well, but it is a good light foundation for most days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm going through a mineral makeup phase at the moment and I've always been a sucker for Neutrogina's foundations, so I thought, why not give this a try?

I found the product was quite good, but really not brilliant. It isn't the best mineral foundation I've ever used by a long shot. I found it a tad cakey-it didn't sink in as well as most other powder foundations tend to do, and I thought that the particles of the powder weren't as tiny as some of the other powders I've tried, so it wasn't very natural looking and it didn't buff in as well as it could have with my kabuki.

Plus I have very fair skin (NW15) which is prone to redness, and the foundation didn't really help to conceal the redness, which was a pity. I would have had to have put on a lot of product to tone down the slight redness, which I wasn't prepared to do because it was just about bordering on being too dark for me (I bought Classic Ivory).

I must admit, the packaging is great though-there's a little sponge and a small mirror inside, which is handy.

Overall, it's an okay product-but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/18/2009 11:14:00 PM

I love this foundation
I chose to switch to powder so my pores won't get as clogged.
The coverage for me is pretty good. I use the lightest shade and its PERFECT.
And the sponge applicator it comes with is way good which is surprising
Definatly using again

I usually balk when if comes to powder foundation. I'm more used to using liquid with my beloved foundation brushes, but I was convinced by a friend to try this and lo and behold it's fast in becoming a quick favorite. It's a very sheer foundation (I like!) so it's not ideal if you're looking for a good coverage, but I find that it's effective at evening out blotches and redness on my skin. It's not so good at hiding pimply bumps but it doesn't cake around them either which is good because cakiness makes them even more noticeable. The powder lasts quite awhile on the face without much necessary touchups and I don't have any problems with it throughout the day. My only thing is that the color I purchased is a tad light for me so I can look like a ghost if I don't mist it with moisurizer afterwards.

**NOTE** I wore this foundation to work as an experiment. My work environment is kind of dry and this foundation irritated my skin a little bit. Not something I would wear in the winter, or near a really hot oven. Also not something I would advise a dry skinned person to buy. But for now I'm quite satisfied with the price. I'll likely buy it again, but I want to experiment with other foundations as well.

on 8/28/2008 3:00:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! It gives excellent coverage without looking cakey. And the lightest shade is perfect for me. It covers all zits and redness. The only bad thing is that it doesn't stay on that long.

I started using this product during the winter and continued buying it through the spring months. It goes on smooth and evens your skintone significantly and gives your face a healthy glow, however, as I continued to use this product during the hot Texas summer months, I found it does not hold well at all. I would apply it in the morning and after 2 hours, my face would be as shiny as a new penny. I suppose the intense sun and heat had a lot to do with that, but I would definitely use it during the winter when the previously stated conditions are not a problem. On the plus side, it completely eliminated the breakouts on my forehead and chin due to the whole "mineral" persona and the all natural and skin soothing ingredients. Overall, it is a decent product and probably works wonders for people with normal to dry skin.

Edit: This REALLY does not work during the summer for those of us with oily skin. It has absolutely no staying power when challenged by any form of heat. Definitely only buy this product during the cooler months of the year.

on 10/12/2006 4:13:00 PM

This is decent. I wanted to try this when it first came out, because I always heard mineral makeup was better for you. So I bought it for $14. And then when I tried to use it, it would not come out to save my life! Finally, after like 15 minutes, it started to come out, but you could hardly even tell if it was! I still really can't tell when I use it if it is doing anything for my face or not. It just doesn't show up.