Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

I do like this product although nude was a bit dark and slightly orange for my light medium yellow skin tone, I cant use it alone so at first I did not like it but with moisturizer or primer underneath worked great!

on 3/29/2018 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

While undergoing treatment for perioral dermatitis (google it), my dermatologist instructed me to switch to powder foundation only, and recommended Neutrogena as a brand. I was very skeptical at first, because my skin is very sensitive and has broken out with use of Neutrogena cosmetics in the past. After reading reviews on powder foundations here, and price comparing, I chose to go ahead and try the Neutrogena.

I purchased mine at Target for approximately $11 USD. The packaging is unimpressive and utilitarian. As pictured, it is a simple snap-closure compact with a flip up compartment below that stores an applicator (that I never use). I took a total stab in the dark with shade and went with Natural Ivory 20, and it matches perfectly. For reference, I wear Maybelline Fit Me in 120 and my MAC shade is NW25-30 depending on season.

Dryness is of course a concern, as I'm middle aged, and my skin is dry to begin with. I use Monistat anti-chafing gel as primer, then use a kabuki brush to apply this powder, and set my makeup with homemade glycerine/H20/witch hazel setting spray. This combination takes away the dryness and "powdery" look, as well as makes the makeup last much longer than typical liquid foundation.

Coverage is not great. It is sheer to medium, and not really buildable. If you need a lot of coverage, this is not something I suggest you use, or find a concealer to use underneath. I am forbidden from using concealer per my derm, but thankfully the treatments are working beautifully, full coverage is not a concern for me. I have always preferred lighter coverage, and like the natural look this provides while still evening out my skin tone and gently covering small flaws.

I have been using it for almost 3 months now, consistently with no breakouts, on skin that is already "angry" and in a fragile state, so that, to me, is testament that it is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I plan on continuing use of this foundation throughout the summer months, when the heat and humidity tend to melt liquid foundation right off your face. This seems like it might be much more durable. Also, it travels much better than liquid foundation and applies much faster, two little things that really make a difference for someone like me who travels a lot and is always short on time.

on 10/3/2016 10:29:00 PM

I really like this, but it is quite sheer. If you're looking for the coverage of a powder foundation you may be disappointed-it really doesn't cover much of anything and wears like more of a setting powder...which is fine with me as I prefer setting powders and concealer rather than full foundation. Its light and smooth and feels good on the skin, not powdery or chalky or drying IMO. Combats shine for awhile, but I think my skin eats this throughout the day...by days end when I remove it with micelle water theres barely anything on the cotton pad...strange. I have this in Classic Ivory and I find it neither too white nor too yellow nor too beige...probably because its so sheer that its forgiving. Use this only if you have really good skin, or as a setting powder layered over something else

The best powder! I have oily skin so I need powder. But I don't want it to look like i'm wearing powder. This brand is the most translucent and light I have found. Only negative is the packaging. They should eliminate the bottom slide away compartment and just add more product.

on 3/29/2015 7:16:00 PM

really like this product! doesn't look to dry or mask-like. best yet? it doesn't change color when i get a little oily. i'm using the natural ivory which looks a bit pink in the packaging but is a great neutral when i put it on. it also doesn't crease too badly.

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Tricky to apply, but does give med. coverage. By the end of the day it settled funny in wrinkles & on pimples. I would not recommend this.

I had this in my drawer in Natural Ivory 02 for some time. After trying Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation and not wanting talc in my face powder, I dug this out. For the life of me I can't recall why I had stopped using it. I tried it twice this week actually using the sponge that comes with it and it worked great! Gave me a matte finish without looking cakey, powdery or settling into lines. Way superior to the Too Faced for a third the price. I looked up the ingredients and low and behold no talc! I hate a made-up look which I got with Too Faced but Neutrogena looked much more natural. I think it must be the talc that gives the artificial powdery look. I used this over exfoliated moisturized skin then added blush and concealer on some spots. Coverage was light to moderate. I find that if I put concealer on first then the powder rubs it off and I have to reapply anyway, making it too thick. Anyway for a talc free product I would say this is a good deal. I ordered new brushes so I will try it with a brush but am actually ok with the sponge included. Wish I could return the Too Faced.

on 6/30/2014 12:59:00 PM

This foundation is ok for people who need minimal coverage. I find that it does not make my oily skin look dewy like with other liquid foundations throughout the day, and is not very long lasting. I actually just use it to set my liquid foundation because it is not very long lasting and actually makes the oils on my face look 10x worse

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

on 2/23/2014 8:08:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's definitely a staple. It evens my skin time and stays matte for hours. Definitely a great alternative to liquid and healthier too.