Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.1

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this! I bought the Clinique version of this and recently went back to the neutrogena powder foundation. The Neutrogena one is just better. It mimics my natural skin, makes it luminous and just perfects it effortlessly. And, it's way cheaper than Clinique! LOVE IT!
I am loyal to the Neutrogena mineral pressed powder foundation now after straying temporarily. :)

I always come back to this. It really reminds me of Laura Mercier powder foundation, though a heck of a lot cheaper (although still pricey for drugstore).

If you want something that is not cakey, blends well, doesn't oxidize, and has mild coverage (natural looking), then this is the way to go. It also has pretty good staying power. The color selection may not be as good as some brands, but I have always liked Neutrogena's cool to neutral undertones for make-up colors. The packaging is kind of bulky, and it does make it look like there is more in there than what really is there. I go through this container about every 2 months, and I don't think I use a large amount.

I find this works really well with disposable sponge applicators, but I know that's not as "green" so I'm trying to use a make up brush with it. I haven't been quite as successful with using a brush. Whatever you do, do not use the sponge that comes with it.

on 10/25/2009 5:37:00 PM

i just put this stuff on--its great! it really does make my face look airbrushed, as well as it covers up red splotches, acne, and scars really well! other powders make the above STAND OUT.
i don't know how it will look later on in the day when my face gets oily, but i will update this when i know. but so far, its wonderful! and well worth the money!

on 7/13/2009 2:38:00 PM

Love this mineral powder and this one as apposed to the lose has no bismuth which can cause itching for a lot of people.... the staying power is great and the color selection is superb... is has a soft focus look and doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines... I have tried so many mineral based foundations and this one doesn't irritate my skin and I always get compliments....the coverage is also a major plus I want a bit more coverage but don't want the cakey look this has the perfect marriage of both love this and hg for me.

(if you want a natural application I suggest applying this with a big powder brush if you want more coverage apply with the sponge incuded)

on 1/11/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is my daily foundation. It does lack staying power, but for me this is overcome by the stuff not breaking me out. It's more important that the skin under the foundation looks good. In other words the effect really lasts because I'm not embarrassed by what I see when I don't have it on. the other thing is I can really get this on quickly and run out of the house. I do feel the light is too light and the next color is too dark, so I mix a bit. Ideally I'd love to find a tinted moisturizer to use under this which would probably be the perfect combo.

on 12/18/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is the 2nd time I've bought this product. I can understand why this is a hit and miss for so many. Let me tell you why it's a hit for me: I have yellow undertones, need to even out skin tone with a foundation that provides great coverage without heavy build up, I wear shimmer eye shadows and blushes to give me a "glow". Now, with that said, Bare Min. foundation does not cover problems or have lasting power, in my opinion. I have used Sephora's mineral pressed powder and urban decay's. For me, Neutrogena's has better color b/c of my yellow, covers MUCH better, and is SO much cheaper. This to me is just the best mineral makeup I've found so far. I use Bare Minerals flawless radiance or clear radiance over it and viola, perfect skin for me. Paired up with ULTA's sunburst eyeshadow on my eyes and cheeks (yes, and cheeks), even better. If you have yellow undertones, need sheer coverage that actually covers and you like to use shimmery colored makeup on eyes and cheeks (cause without them you're face may look dull or dry), you will probably like this. I keep coming back to it.

I like a medium coverage foundation. I am currently using some sheer ones for summer just to even things out but thought from the reviews that this would be a good try because the coverage is buildable and so many seemed pleased with the product.

As a foundation this product blows. I don't get the positive reviews at all but I also know things work different for different people. For me this stinks. It covers NOTHING. I have tried it with sponge and with brush and I really get nothing but powder on face and plenty of red showing through. I think my old color id and almost makeup cover better than this.

I may keep it as a finishing powder.

on 4/19/2008 7:31:00 PM

I LOVE this powder!! I apply it with a brush and you can't even tell I'm wearing powder...it looks so natural, has decent overage, and feels so light. Plus, my normally super oily skin doesn't feel or look as oily by the end of the day - just dewey almost, a shocker for me. It even covers up the redness I get on my nose all day, another shocker. It doesn't clog my pores and make me break out. Definitely a keeper!!

on 3/2/2008 10:49:00 AM

Its about time for Neutrogena to pick up the slack and come out with a good mineral foundation, not that horrible brush thing. Anyways this is a good basic powder foundation, good for sensitive skin, easy to use compact and decent range of skin tones. I first bought one in natural ivory but it proved to be too light and pink for me so I picked up another in Buff. I'm asian and Buff is more yellow based (?). Buff is almost an exact match to my skin tone so I'm pleased with that. I dont use this everyday because powder foundations enhance dry skin so the flaky bits are more noticable but this compact is so quick and easy, why wouldn't you buy it? Plus it claims to have SPF 20. I dont really understand how they put spf in a powder but they can't exactly false advertise.

on 2/10/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I usually like Neutrogena and was so hyped about this product due to all of the raves, but the powder disappointed me. I got it for only $7 (Walgreens sale), and I liked the nude color, but it offered me no coverage. It's just a regular, sheer powder. I think a drugstore product that retails for 12.99 usd has got to deliver better than this. I'd rather stick with a cheaper (and more reliable) Maybelline powder.