Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 9/17/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this power for almost 5 years now and I can honestly say that I have no reason to look for anything else! It sets foundation beautifully, has a natural finish, and super build able coverage! I do wish that it looked a little bit smoother on its own (not over foundation or BB cream) but c'est la vie! It drugstore and from a company that does not overload their products with crap ingredients. The packaging is pretty bland, but I buy it for the results! I have combination/oily skin and this keeps my skin pretty shine free (I say "pretty" because in certain areas I still get shine, but I can't tell if it's the powder's fault or the fact that I can get SUPER shiny in my T-zone, so who knows) I will continue to repurchase this product :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually impressed! It was $7 on sale at ulta. I was breaking out so much and noticed my face aging after using Revlon Colorstay for years. So I thought because this is Neutrogena I probably won't have any problems. The coverage was great for covering my acne scars and minimalizing my pores. My only problem is the shade range. The darkest shade is still too light for my latina/filipina skin tone.

on 12/23/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this. Five stars all around. For my extremly sensitive, milia (and clogged pore) prone skin, I've tried every foundation under the sun. THIS little gem is the only one that my skin doesn't react to. In fact, It makes my skin smoother.I've been wearing it daily for about 5 months and I can officially say that I love it. Franfrance-free, bismuth-free, and talc-free. Amazing. It looks beautiful when buffed on with my Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair retractable kabuki brush. The coverage is light to medium and looks so beautiful and soft. "Nude" matches me perfect (I have fair skin with a warm/yellow undertone.) In wintertime I mix "Nude" with "Classic Ivory". However I think most people could find their shade since the shades seem really adjustable. Pink-skinned gals(or guys) provably won't find their shade though, FYI. Anyway, I adore this powder. This is my HG.

UPDATE: it's January and I've hit pan on Classic Ivory and soon to hit pan on "Nude." Love.

UPDATE: with use of my L'oreal Sublime Sunless Tanning Lotion, "Nude" is a touch too light. I'll pick up a darker shade of this powder soon. Still my HG after all this time!

UPDATE: still HG. It's summer now, I've stopped fake tanning and have gotten a natural tan, now I'm NC30. The color "Natural Beige" in this powder matches perfectly - perhaps a HAIR too light, but that can be fixed with Bronzer. This powder holds up so well in summer heat, with or without a primer. However, it lasts longest at on top of Bare Minerals Prime Time (another HG.)

I've used this stuff for a long time. I love it. I prefer it over liquid foundation because the powder stuff tends to leave you with a more natural look (if you don't use to much) while the liquid foundation leaves you looking fake and makes you break out more. Love, love, love this stuff.

on 2/14/2011 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have never liked wearing liquid foundations. No matter how light or sheer a brand claims to be, I just cannot stand the feeling of them on my skin. I have used Bare Escentuals mineral foundation for years but was never really happy with the sheen that product has. Neutrogena products have always been hit and miss with me, and this is definitely a big hit. I have been using this every day for several months now and I find this to give me just the type of coverage I look for. I buff it on with a medium-sized, fairly dense kabuki brush and find that I can easily control the amount of coverage I need and that it is very buildable. It does an excellent job of evening out my skin tone and never feels cakey or heavy. It feels like my skin can breathe. I also like that it provides more of a matte finish. I will continue to repurchase as I believe this truly does wonders in helping achieve that flawless look.

Its all true. HG!!!! Luvs it (:

on 4/15/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

coverage: very light
Ideal for oily skin, because it will dry out dry skin (i have combo skin and this made the skin in my nose get flaky)
makes skin matte and has spf20 in it
overall I reallly like it its great for my oily skin since it was flaking me out a little
i put a good amount of moisturizer on to leave my skin feeling a bit oily..and then put the mineral powder on ..my skin feels smooth and shine free but moisturized...hope this helps

i use a kabuki brush to put it on ..i like it better that the sponge that it comes with..

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had reviewed this in another category, then I saw this is the place that everyone is reviewing it, so I am putting my review here, with some edits.

I bought this in Classic Ivory, the lightest shade, and it works for my really fair olive face. It's not too pink, which I have had such a hard time with in other foundations! I have to say, if you put a lot of this on your bare face, it will come out really pale and chalky looking. What I do is put sunscreen on first, then let it sink in, then blot off any excess, then put the foundation on, and then it doesn't look chalky, and it's actually a little darker.
I have oily skin, so if you do also, you will have to touch up during the day, but all I do is just put a little more on, and I don't need to do it that often. Also, since it's not meant to be a full-coverage foundation, I found that a little shine actually doesn't look that bad. The great benefit of this foundation is that it's so easy and quick to put on! I was using Colorstay for full-coverage days, but I find that I'm using this Neutrogena one for just day-to-day stuff. You can build it to a medium coverage, which I do on my cheeks and nose because I have mild rosacea, and it seems to cover that just fine. It looks much more natural than Colorstay.

For the price, I think it's worth giving it a try if you are looking to see what mineral makeup is all about, and/or you want an easy and quick foundation. To me it seems inexpensive because because I'm used to department store products. I paid $11.69 for it at Target, so to me that's a huge bargain!
I'm definitely buying this again!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like this, i have lots of yellow in my skin and its hard to find something without looking too orange, pink or gray), im a light skinned puerto rican and jamican and i never go in the sun. anyways its cheap. and i use it over the visibly even foundation(TOASTED HONEY, LOTS OF YELLOW). i like neutrogena because i dont have to worry about it breaking me out and its nice a velvety texure gives my skin a smooth look but not ashy and powdery, like bare minerals. plus its a compact, LOVE IT. i have the fresh face mineral luster, which was like 30$ even with my employee discount, and it looks grayish on me if i piled it on. i like this because i can take a sponge and tap it on my face to set my concealer with out it looking like a big powder blotch. ill buy it again, im pretty happy with neutrogena

on 1/16/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I read the reviews of the original version of this, where the product was the brush, and I almost didn't buy it because of those bad reviews, but this was 40% off and I had a coupon so what the heck. I'm very happy with this. It gives me the coverage I need, it matches my skintone, and it looks natural. I do not like the way the mirror is under the pan. Makes for very awkward application, but overall this is a definite winner. I think the regular price is $13.99. I think I'll stock up while it's on sale.