Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best powder on the market. Perfect. HG!

on 4/12/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I apply this every morning to my T-zone over bare skin or liquid foundation/bb cream. Can't speak to it as a foundation, but as a setting/finishing powder it works great. It is invisible on the skin and does away with shine.

One lippie off because the compact broke.

on 9/22/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The color Honey Beige works perfectly for my skin, this is a light coverage for shine / slight imperfections. Really great drugstore product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC42 in MAC studio fix powder and for Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation I use the shade Honey Beige. First of all, this foundation has been very good to my skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I haven't had a bad reaction to it. It's light-medium coverage. I prefer natural coverage where it doesn't look like I have completely flawless skin so this is great for me. I just use this to even out my skin tone. If you are looking for full-coverage, I do not recommend this because you will most likely be disappointed. It is also mess-free since it's in a compact, which is a big plus and great for on the go/traveling. I also don't recommend it to people with dry skin because it can accentuate the dry-ness.

on 6/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was using this product religiously for over a year and was already on my 3rd compact. Then I decided to be ‘adventurous’ and try out liquid foundations. My search for the perfect foundation has been completely disappointing and fruitless… colors don’t ever match or I either break out like crazy. A few days ago I decided to revisit this old friend of mine and I rediscovered why I loved it so much. I now realize that I don’t need liquid full coverage to get great looking skin. The color I have is Natural Beige (60). I love how this looks very natural on me. It conceals any redness and acne I have… granted acne lumps and bumps are always obvious no matter if you use liquid or powder foundations. I use a flat top brush and pat it on my face after using a primer and concealer… from there I determine if I need more coverage or not and apply accordingly. Obviously, as with any foundation product, this will cake if applied too heavily. This powder foundation does not change color as the day progresses and lasts me through my work day with minimal touch ups. I do have to blot once or twice but that is something that can’t be helped since I tend to have oily skin. I love the fact that it is oil and fragrance free with SPF 20. As previously mentioned, I like to use this over a primer and concealer, and sometimes over liquid foundation for extra coverage. I think this is one powder foundation I will always repurchase. Also, I do sometimes like to use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) over this for extra 'matte-ti-fication' (hehe). For color reference I use Revlon Colorstay in Natural Tan (330), Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundation in Sand (300 – although this is a smidge too dark with a slight pink undertone) and Clinique Even Better SPF 15 in Golden Neutral (#16).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the shade in sand, and it is a perfect close match to my skin. The coverage is great and it doesn't look chalky on my skintone. The compact is very easy to slip into my bag and contains spf 20, which is very good, since I get red if I don't wear sufficient sunscreen. It doesn't break me out and layers well under my Oil of Olay moisturizer with spf 15. Compact is a bit cheap, but it at least contains a mirror and application sponge. It is way better at absorbing oil than my Mac mineralize powder and is much cheaper as well. Will repurchase again.

on 2/11/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not have bad acne or scars but my skin is a bit uneven. I use this alone and it does the job great. Looks very natural because it matched my skin color perfectly (olive). The only I suggest is exfoliate once in a while because I applied this on my face when my skin was horrible and you could see the lines.

on 2/11/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

on 11/25/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It's looks very natural on my skin but be warned, it doesn't have much coverage, which I expected from "Mineral SHEERS". And if you apply too much it can definitely look CAKEY. I use my own kabuki brush (from Everyday Minerals, given by a friend who never used it) instead of the provided sponge. And I have to say.. OMG, it looks amazing. This product is worth a try, especially since it's not the most expensive product out there! I really like how it gives me a healthy looking glow, has SPF 20 and that it doesn't break me out.. unlike CG powders. :( Anyways, get get get this product.

on 7/5/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I generally dislike loose mineral foundation because of the mess factor, and have longed for a pressed portable alternative. This is very nearly perfect for 12.99. The coverage is medium, but with a concealer or tinted moisturizer with spf underneath, it is enough. It applies evenly with the sponge, and there is no shine, no itch, no mess. So quick! I would not and do not rely on this for your only spf.

The colors are similar to their liquid makeup line, and as a BE medium beige, I wear the 50 in the winter and 60 in the summer.

6/09 I edited this to upgrade to 5 lippies--this has become my HG summer/mineral foundation. At Target they have a package with a free brush. The brush leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, it was free.