Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Another Neutrogena product I have used for years. I like this as a cheap alternative to Clinique's Almost Powder foundation.

This is a nice light well blending powder that does not cake or creep into fine lines. It mattes the skin but never looks chalky.

The only complaint I have is I hate the packaging. I prefer the traditional clam shell type.

Otherwise this is a great light finishing powder for anyone with slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I would not use it as a foundation as the coverage is way to sheer. But it is a great powder with sunscreen which is very hard to find.

on 5/11/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for a couple of years and am really satisfied. I use a concealer underneath and then apply the Mineral Sheers over that. It's got an SPF20 but no noticeable fragrance, which my highly reactive, rosacea skin appreciates! No itching, burning or breakouts.
Right now I'm using #50 soft beige, which is a nice color but a tad light for my fair/medium complexion, I think. No matter, this product is really natural looking and wears nicely (although basically EVERY product melts off my very oily skin by the end of the day). I'd like to carry it in my purse for touch-ups, but the sponge applicator they included makes the packaging WAY too bulky for that. Too bad.
Speaking of that cheapo sponge, it'll certainly get the powder on your face, but a nice brush works better and looks more natural. Just continue to layer the application until you get the coverage you need. Sometimes I'll use a liquid foundation first, and then just use this as finishing powder for a flawless look. Great product!

I've been using this product off and on for a while. I keep coming back to it because I do notice my skin is smoother when I use this. The summer where I live is extremely Hot and Humid and this doesn't clog my pores or make my face burn or feel like I have a ton of make up on. It's great, you can build up the amount of coverage you need. I highly recommend this product, I just wish more came in the container.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My only regret is that I resisted trying mineral powder makeup for so long! I bought BE's loose powder and Neutrogena's powder foundation, and I LOVE the Neutrogena. I get compliments every time I wear it. And best of all, it covers the redness of my rosacea. I'm sold.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As with their bronzer, this powder is a life saver! Although the coverage is very sheer, if paired with a concealer, I'm ready to go. No need to worry about a foundation brush, packing is so much less time consuming because I just have to grab it! Totally portable and exceptional for touch ups for hot humid days, or even hotter nights out! Good for your skin (no breakouts or irritations and I've been using this for 2 months or so!) and holds up to the more expensive lines (Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals), so go for it. A note: it does take some getting use to the brush... it goes on but very sheer so you will have to build up the coverage. Takes away shine... and with the small price tag, you can stash one in all your handbags! I will never ever go back to regular foundations again...

on 3/29/2018 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

While undergoing treatment for perioral dermatitis (google it), my dermatologist instructed me to switch to powder foundation only, and recommended Neutrogena as a brand. I was very skeptical at first, because my skin is very sensitive and has broken out with use of Neutrogena cosmetics in the past. After reading reviews on powder foundations here, and price comparing, I chose to go ahead and try the Neutrogena.

I purchased mine at Target for approximately $11 USD. The packaging is unimpressive and utilitarian. As pictured, it is a simple snap-closure compact with a flip up compartment below that stores an applicator (that I never use). I took a total stab in the dark with shade and went with Natural Ivory 20, and it matches perfectly. For reference, I wear Maybelline Fit Me in 120 and my MAC shade is NW25-30 depending on season.

Dryness is of course a concern, as I'm middle aged, and my skin is dry to begin with. I use Monistat anti-chafing gel as primer, then use a kabuki brush to apply this powder, and set my makeup with homemade glycerine/H20/witch hazel setting spray. This combination takes away the dryness and "powdery" look, as well as makes the makeup last much longer than typical liquid foundation.

Coverage is not great. It is sheer to medium, and not really buildable. If you need a lot of coverage, this is not something I suggest you use, or find a concealer to use underneath. I am forbidden from using concealer per my derm, but thankfully the treatments are working beautifully, full coverage is not a concern for me. I have always preferred lighter coverage, and like the natural look this provides while still evening out my skin tone and gently covering small flaws.

I have been using it for almost 3 months now, consistently with no breakouts, on skin that is already "angry" and in a fragile state, so that, to me, is testament that it is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I plan on continuing use of this foundation throughout the summer months, when the heat and humidity tend to melt liquid foundation right off your face. This seems like it might be much more durable. Also, it travels much better than liquid foundation and applies much faster, two little things that really make a difference for someone like me who travels a lot and is always short on time.

on 11/3/2013 3:08:00 PM

I'm definitely a powder person and this is good stuff! I use it over my foundation, sometimes to set it with a fluffy brush and sometimes I use the provided sponge to pat it on. It lasts on my skin all day, lasts forever in the compact, has a good mirror, very bendable. Very happy with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After suffering from Perioral dermatitis due to a cyclopentasiloxane and silicone allergy in liquid makeups, I'm so happy to have found this makeup. It's affordable and easy to find. Matches my skin very well and covers well. It's sheer to medium but I would not build it up too much. This makeup is helping my face heal. The ingredients are very safe and I have had no reactions to it at all. No itchiness, no irritation. For me that is a bonus. I do think it is slightly drying but my skin is a little fragile and dry right now. Using a non silicone primer has helped it go on even smoother (Korres Anti-aging primer is a nice non-silicone one).

I would say that if you have very sensitive skin or need a quick powder to even out your skin for daily wear this is a excellent drugstore formulation (Which is rare to find). I do think the Maybelline mineral makeup is a better finish but it makes me a itch a bit, this one does not.
the finish is matte which is good for oily skin, I'm more dry so I use a Mineral illuminating on top and it looks great, natural and my skin can breathe!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-$10 US Dollars, which is a good price for DS foundations.
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, I find it to be quite buildable.
FINISH: Semi-matte with a slight sheen that most mineral makeups give. I find the finish very natural and quite lovely :)
TEXTURE: Soft, seems finely milled.
SCENT: None
SPF: Yes, 20
LASTING POWER: This lasts all day on me. I have never had a problem with it breaking down, or getting excessively oily. It will fade slightly as the day goes on, but not to the point where it is completely gone.
SHADES: I usually get this in "Nude". They really need more shades in this foundation, the darkest shade is not NEARLY deep enough.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, has a very gently formula, as it claims.
PACKAGING: I dont like the packaging. I wish they would skip the bulky compact packaging and put more product in instead, because I find that I run out it in less than a month.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, when I have better skin I dont need to use as much to get the coverage I want.
FINAL VERDICT: This is a really great DS mineral makeup. Try it out!