Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin oily. It caused breakouts and comes off easily and feels cakey.

on 1/7/2009 9:47:00 PM

I have the Honey Beige 70. I really like it! As a first time powder user, I'm impressed. I'm looking for other powders to see, but I'm cool with this one.

Pros: It matches my tone perfectly. It gives me a flawless, youthful look. It is just fantastic with its packaging with a mirror and little pad with it! Very convenient. It made my skin glow more and I think it's helping the coloration after as well as my tone. It makes my skin feel brighter and lighter. It covers my scars at first, BUT...
Cons: This stuff comes off so easily. The WIND could take it off. After a few hours, you have to reapply all over again, because it fades or comes off, and my acne scars show so bad, AND when you DO apply it, it looks all fake and powdery and chalky.
(It does say 'lightweight'. I'm not a fan of 'lightweight'.)
Overall, if you have awesome skin and want to make it awesomer, don't mind that it sheds over everything, don't mind it fading so quickly, like to primp and powder your face up, and improve your skin's clarity, tone, and texture: get this! Otherwise don't! Until I find a better foundation to wear under it, I'll buy it again because I like it. (Don't let the 'cons' say that I don't. I'm just saying stuff I don't like about it.) It's a pretty neat product anyways. I don't breakout with it and it actually helps my acne. I recommend it. :-)

EDIT!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! This is horrible. It got all dewy into a foundation. It starts off powder, then goes to a clumpy, unusable foundation after a month. GROSS. Goes on horribly. Won't buy it again. Disappointing.

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Meh. As the name suggests, it is a sheer foundation. I no longer use it as a foundation, only as a setting powder, for which it serves it's purpose.
I have this in tan, which is a little dark for me. This powder lasts about 5 minutes after I apply it. You will have to reapply it whenever you walk outdoors. It even has low staying power when indoors. It lasts maybe 4 hours then starts losing the minimal coverage that it already had :( I won't be buying this again, because I'd like my makeup to last the entire school day. I'm sick of skipping lunch block because I need to touch up on my makeup.

on 5/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, i don't know what everybody else saw in this product. First of all, coverage: on the sheer side, but if applied with the sponge is medium. Lasting power: lasted about 5 hours but needed a few touch-ups. Overall appearence when wearing: natural beige was orange...applied it to my neck and it looked iffy. After 3 hours my skin looked oily...and it wasn't, this stuff just made it look very oily and weird. Price: $11! For a bad product....thankfully i can still return it! Quality: It didn't give me a rash, made my skin itch a little. Overall: Bad product, made my face look weird, and it was on the high side for a drugstore product.

on 4/11/2008 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The color was beautiful on my skin. However. The brush was rough, the entire thing was messy, the cap always came off in my purse, and the product made my skin break-out! Happy having finally found the perfect shade-- this product made me very thoroughly disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i freaking loved this product!!! but sadly, gave me some gnarly deep pimples all around my face :( heartbroken it didnt work out for my oily skin.

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

This powder foundation cost approximately $11.00 USD and came with a pack of neutrogena makeup remover wipes which ill review later... Anywho, compared to the HE mineral makeup like Bare essentials and whatnot, it's a relatively good price.As for the shade I got (70 Honey beige), I was pleasantly surprised that it had obvious yellow undertones, something that i rarely see in drugstore makeup which makes finding a match difficult as some are too pink or greyish for me. My only problem was that the display had a very limited color selection which was a bit disappointing.
As for performance, I didn't know what to expect so I tried to keep an open mind. The coverage that i got was sheer, light to medium but i found it could be easily built up. However this can make it look a bit cakey. From the looks of the lowest ratings, it seems to be the same problem, more or less. I still have yet to see how this performs with a primer, on bare skin, etc... Until then, I shall investigate further and update :) I'm still not sure if I'll repurchase though-still in the fence about this one but im leaning towards a no .

on 4/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

light coverage, when used by itself. i think i'd rather use this over some liquid foundation as a setting powder. it doesn't last all day, by itself. neutrogena cosmetics never really help with my acne, it doesn't get worst or better. overall this foundation is okay, it's a bit overpriced for a drugstore powder foundation. but it IS by neutrogena, but it doesn't even help with acne.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Just bought this today---will try for a week and give a better review- but so far i can already tell that its a product that i will hate to love, you know? like the packaging idea is super smart and fast to just chuck in your purse for on-the-go. Also it takes awhile for the product to actually show and when i do brush it on my face I'm not sure if it goes on my face, into my nose or in the air. Also i bought this dirt cheap for about 3 bucks at target bc they were having a red tag sale in those bins