Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 4/15/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My skin took a turn for the worse about 6 months. At the most, I used concealer under my eyes and on the occasional dark spot. Now, I have a face full of hyperpigmentation and acne. Absolutely horrible. So as I am working with a dermatologist to clear this horrible mess up, I have been on the hunt for a good foundation and/or concealer to cover the marks. So far I have tried dermablend, covergirl sensitive clean foundation, clinique, and korres mineral foundation. See my reviews for those if you are interested.

My skin is very very acne prone and very very sensitive. I did read the reviews on here for this foundation, but I took them with a grain of salt because some really acne prone people loved this but others hated it. So I tried it for four days. I use vanicream sport spf 35 which is NOT a matte sunblock and it can get greasy when the proper amount is used. However, this foundation clung really well to the vanicream and balanced out the greasiness. Although it says sheer, a few layers actually covered my really bad hyperpigmentation issues and I did not need a concealer. I used a cotton ball for application, it actually worked really well. Plus I never double dipped, I used a fresh cotton ball each time to keep the makeup clean. But, after a few hours my face would itch, but I just started using a new prescription, so I thought that had something to do with it. I did get new pimples during this time, but since I am dealing with full-blown acne, it is really hard to tell whether a product breaks me out or if I am just breaking out!! HOWEVER, I always pull my foundation down to my neck and face. I NEVER, and I do mean NEVER break out on my neck and VERY RARELY on my chest. With this foundation, my neck and chest itched along with my face.....and BAM, PIMPLES ON MY NECK!!!! So yes, now I know that this product was the cause of the itching (I do not use the topical prescription on my neck or chest) and the horrible new pimples. I also hated that the product had parabens, as I am trying to step away from that, but I was willing to compromise for one product if it worked well, BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!!!

Also, I hit the pan within 4 days!! That is crazy!! A total waste of money!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin oily. It caused breakouts and comes off easily and feels cakey.

on 4/3/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm just gonna echo what most of the reviews are. This stuff doesn't even stay on my face. Most of it goes out into the air. I use my powder brush to try to spread it around and cover more It doesn't seem like a fine powder that'll go on "sheer", it's just like...powder that comes out and once you run your brush over it, it comes off. I was so disappointed. I won't be buying this again.

on 1/25/2008 9:34:00 AM

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. It left my face shiny and muddy.

on 1/6/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst mineral foundation I have ever tried and I've tried alot! The powder goes on unevenly.......it does not even go on as good as a powder compact....just awful do not waste your money like I just did!

on 10/22/2006 10:48:00 PM

I was intrigued by the product packaging and the mineral powder idea. However, this product was extremely disappointing. The powder did not go on smoothly and coverage was "barely there" (it was poor for even "sheer"). It says 'foundation' on the packaging but I would just call it a powder. Waste of my hard-earned money.

on 1/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping to replace my previous powder foundation. And because I had read so many great review I gave it a shot! BAD.

Pros:
*Feels like nothing is there
*Does not have any bad smells....or bad smell at all

Cons:
*Does not last
*No anti oil properties
*TOO sheer
*BROKE ME OUT!
*Packaging sucks

Definitely will not repurchase.

on 7/21/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

okay so i liked this product at first and now i think im hating it! it feels like its melting on my face and i think i had a rection to it. i have all these bumps that werent there before last week popping up and my pores have never looked so big.! i wish i could find one of these that was good.. i want a powder like this that has coverage that i can put over my foundation becuase im a student and long days=touch ups but i cant find anything i think i will hit the department stores and once again give up on ds makeup anyone have a good sugestion for a good line of foundation and powder thats long wearing non acne prone and oil free!!!????******please reply

on 5/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, i don't know what everybody else saw in this product. First of all, coverage: on the sheer side, but if applied with the sponge is medium. Lasting power: lasted about 5 hours but needed a few touch-ups. Overall appearence when wearing: natural beige was orange...applied it to my neck and it looked iffy. After 3 hours my skin looked oily...and it wasn't, this stuff just made it look very oily and weird. Price: $11! For a bad product....thankfully i can still return it! Quality: It didn't give me a rash, made my skin itch a little. Overall: Bad product, made my face look weird, and it was on the high side for a drugstore product.

on 4/11/2008 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The color was beautiful on my skin. However. The brush was rough, the entire thing was messy, the cap always came off in my purse, and the product made my skin break-out! Happy having finally found the perfect shade-- this product made me very thoroughly disappointed.