Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 12/21/2011 8:03:00 PM

This product made my skin break out so bad I wanted to cry! There must be something in the ingredient list that made my skin react so bad. I am sure that this foundation was the cause of my horrible breakout because when I stopped using it my skin started to improve. Never again I will buy this or any product from Neutrogena.

on 10/19/2009 10:12:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product but found that it's just way too sheer to offer any decent coverage. It really should be marketed as a powder & not a powder foundation, although I find it barely even takes the shine off my T-zone. I originally thought I had just not applied an adequate amount, but the more you brush on, the more it makes skin look chalky; it also highlights imperfections especially lines & any patches of dry skin. I prefer Cover Girl TRUblend Pressed Mineral foundation as it offers just the right amount of coverage, blends in much better & appears to be of a finer mill. (Unfortunately, I just saw on the CG site that they're discontinuing this product, FYI.) Anywho, if you're looking for any kind of semi-decent mineral coverage, I'd suggest you not waste your $$ on this product & instead try another brand.

on 10/19/2009 10:04:00 PM

on 2/18/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination skin that is acne prone and thought that this would be a safe product for my skin. The ingredient list is short and Neutrogena claims that it is non-comedogenic and will not clog pores. I was really excited to try this new product because I found a shade that was a perfect match for me. Unfortunately, I had a horrible experience with this product and it caused severe cystic acne. After only two days of not using this powder, my face has cleared and I am not even wearing makeup today. This makeup was the only thing that I changed in my routine last week, so it definitely was the culprit of my cystic acne. The packaging is horrible, and it is very hard to open. It is also deceiving about how much product is in the package, so you’ll be surprised when you open it. I applied the product with a brush and avoided the sponge that is included in the package.

on 10/8/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product causes pimples. I have acne prone skin, the first day I used it, everything was great, great coverage. But by the 2nd day I started to break out and got blemishes. I noticed that this product does clog pores which causes pimples. Overall, it's a great product for someone who does not have large pores or acne prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Meh. As the name suggests, it is a sheer foundation. I no longer use it as a foundation, only as a setting powder, for which it serves it's purpose.
I have this in tan, which is a little dark for me. This powder lasts about 5 minutes after I apply it. You will have to reapply it whenever you walk outdoors. It even has low staying power when indoors. It lasts maybe 4 hours then starts losing the minimal coverage that it already had :( I won't be buying this again, because I'd like my makeup to last the entire school day. I'm sick of skipping lunch block because I need to touch up on my makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but I don't. The powder itself is just so-so...and the idea that the brush is connected is good in theory, however I was practically having nightmares thinking about how dirty it was getting and all of the bacteria growing in it because you can't clean it. Also the powder doesn't come out very well. Definitely not worth $10 and I won't be buying this again. :(

on 10/12/2006 4:13:00 PM

This is decent. I wanted to try this when it first came out, because I always heard mineral makeup was better for you. So I bought it for $14. And then when I tried to use it, it would not come out to save my life! Finally, after like 15 minutes, it started to come out, but you could hardly even tell if it was! I still really can't tell when I use it if it is doing anything for my face or not. It just doesn't show up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for about a month and it's your pretty average/basic powder. I liked the loose powder a bit more. I don't have anything negative to say about this product other than I didn't like the applicator pad. It just didn't seem to work very well. I liked the brush from the loose powder so much better. I use a brush to apply my powder, but if I'm out and need touch up my face I use the applicator it came with.

I got the shade Classic Ivory and it worked fine for my skin tone. This is a pretty sheer/light foundation, so it you're looking for more coverage I would try something else. I only ever put one layer on with a brush to set my foundation. I don't build up on it, but I think you could do so for a more medium coverage. It sets my foundation nicely and gives me a slightly smoother look.

I wouldn't rebuy this simply because I know there are better products for the same price.

I think it's worth a try if you need a basic everyday powder though.

on 10/23/2013 1:38:00 PM

Update: this is beginning to sit in my lines more since i am getting more of them so imam using it a dusting powder rather than a foundation.just lightly with a powder brush and not heavily with the sponge.
I love this product. It goes on smooth and stays on a long time with a primer of course which I use with all my foundations even the pricey ones. It doesn't settle into my lines and doesn't change color as the day goes on. It has good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It has parabens which I wish it didn't, but overall I am very happy with it.