Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

on 1/4/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried a lot of mineral makeup brands from Everyday Minerals to Jane Iredale. I have to say that these are one of the best. They are expensive but that is because of the quality. They do not make my skin itch as other minerals and they stay put the whole day on my oily skin, which is a huge blessing. They look great in the pics despite their spf. I highly recommend these minerals to oily skin gals-

on 4/6/2012 8:23:00 PM

In general I prefer coverage that is more glowing and not as matte. This one is matte but it covers rather well-light to medium. What I didn't like is they had no color option for anyone with pale skin. All shades they had were glaringly yellow. It really irritates me when makeup artists and manufacturers assume that all women have yellow tones in their skin. I have pale porcelain skin and anything with yellow tones makes me look jaundiced. I wouldn't buy this again unless they include some lighter skin shades since quality was ok for drugstore foundation

on 1/13/2008 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product considering that it is oil free and very pure. My skin is oily and this basically lasts on my skin till I wash it off. The color selection is definitely great and more toward yellow than pink. It does not cause acne or feel itchy. Much better than BE. I am NC 30 and I use the natural beige shade no. 60. I use Tan shade no. 80 as a bronzer and the combination looks great and very natural on my skin-

Since I just bought my 3rd compact of this I thought I should take a minute to review. I switched to mineral makeup after finally figuring out that my skin hates silicones and being tired of break outs all the time. My skin is sensitive and rosacea prone with redness in my nose and cheeks. This has improved my skin so much that I find myself using less and less as time goes on. I do use the lightest shade, 10, which is a good match, but I could see extremely fair girls having a rough time matching their color. I apply this over sunscreen with my Urban Decay optical blurring brush, as I'm not a fan of the sponge. If I need a little extra coverage I'll use a flat top brush. One coat over my entire face and a second coat over my red areas covers well. My skin tone appears even, but my freckles are still there, which is a nice natural look for me. It lasts all day, with a touch up over red areas in the evening. It doesn't dry out or irritate my face, and doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. No oxidation at all. I could see it looking powdery if you layer too much, but not a problem with light layers. The compact is bulky, and if you drop it the powder will shatter, unfortunately. It is more expensive than some, but I'll pay for a quality ds product. Walgreens and Meijer frequently put it on sale for bogo half off, so I stock up then. Overall I'm very happy with this and will continue to buy. EDIT 1/30/14: switched to Pur Minerals, as the light is a better shade for me. This was too yellow, and the Pur Minerals has better coverage.

on 9/30/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So the reviews about this product are all scattered under several titles. I used to use this product and possibly stopped using it because of the shade. I am not sure whether Natural Beige No. 60 is new or not but it seems to work for me. I use Tan No. 80 as the bronzer and for contouring and I am all set. The minerals are finely milled and do not make me uber shiny which is a huge plus. I have tried majority of minerals and although majority have been friendly on my skin, they faded or melted within a couple of hours. This in comparison really lasts. So for those with oily skin, this is possibly the answer to your prayers. For those with dry skin, you need to moisturize as these may be a bit dry for you. Overall, the coverage is fantastic and it does not oxidize. No zits or break outs or irritations like itching either. Applying this product, just like all minerals, is very important. Get a good brush and you will love this. Highly recommended.

I do like this product although nude was a bit dark and slightly orange for my light medium yellow skin tone, I cant use it alone so at first I did not like it but with moisturizer or primer underneath worked great!

on 2/1/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder foundation. I ran out of the Healthy Skin liquid foundation, and Ulta was out of my color, so I took a chance on this because of the reviews. Even though I'm dry, this does not dry me out or look unnatural, as long as I use a brush for a sheer application. The sponge applicator packs on a lot more foundation; if you're dry it will look cakey and mask-like, so using the sponge is probably better for someone with normal to oily skin. All in all, I like it because it provides a sheer coverage that evens out my skin.

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

on 12/6/2012 8:04:00 PM

I use this for setting my foundation or BB cream. Good product, I just wish the packaging was less tacky, but let's be realistic - not going to happen for the price.
I will repurchase.