Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.5

on 12/23/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this. Five stars all around. For my extremly sensitive, milia (and clogged pore) prone skin, I've tried every foundation under the sun. THIS little gem is the only one that my skin doesn't react to. In fact, It makes my skin smoother.I've been wearing it daily for about 5 months and I can officially say that I love it. Franfrance-free, bismuth-free, and talc-free. Amazing. It looks beautiful when buffed on with my Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair retractable kabuki brush. The coverage is light to medium and looks so beautiful and soft. "Nude" matches me perfect (I have fair skin with a warm/yellow undertone.) In wintertime I mix "Nude" with "Classic Ivory". However I think most people could find their shade since the shades seem really adjustable. Pink-skinned gals(or guys) provably won't find their shade though, FYI. Anyway, I adore this powder. This is my HG.

UPDATE: it's January and I've hit pan on Classic Ivory and soon to hit pan on "Nude." Love.

UPDATE: with use of my L'oreal Sublime Sunless Tanning Lotion, "Nude" is a touch too light. I'll pick up a darker shade of this powder soon. Still my HG after all this time!

UPDATE: still HG. It's summer now, I've stopped fake tanning and have gotten a natural tan, now I'm NC30. The color "Natural Beige" in this powder matches perfectly - perhaps a HAIR too light, but that can be fixed with Bronzer. This powder holds up so well in summer heat, with or without a primer. However, it lasts longest at on top of Bare Minerals Prime Time (another HG.)

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

This powder foundation cost approximately $11.00 USD and came with a pack of neutrogena makeup remover wipes which ill review later... Anywho, compared to the HE mineral makeup like Bare essentials and whatnot, it's a relatively good price.As for the shade I got (70 Honey beige), I was pleasantly surprised that it had obvious yellow undertones, something that i rarely see in drugstore makeup which makes finding a match difficult as some are too pink or greyish for me. My only problem was that the display had a very limited color selection which was a bit disappointing.
As for performance, I didn't know what to expect so I tried to keep an open mind. The coverage that i got was sheer, light to medium but i found it could be easily built up. However this can make it look a bit cakey. From the looks of the lowest ratings, it seems to be the same problem, more or less. I still have yet to see how this performs with a primer, on bare skin, etc... Until then, I shall investigate further and update :) I'm still not sure if I'll repurchase though-still in the fence about this one but im leaning towards a no .

on 4/18/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I personally do not use it as a foundation-powder, but just use it to set my normal foundation (I need a lot of coverage because of acne and scars). I use it usually over my Revlon liquid foundation, and I use it for touch-ups throughout the day. I think it works amazingly! I think it leaves a pretty flawless finish, though, if you add too much, it will look cakey. But, all-in-all, I really like this product. It doesn't break me out and feels very light-weight. I will definetly repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually impressed! It was $7 on sale at ulta. I was breaking out so much and noticed my face aging after using Revlon Colorstay for years. So I thought because this is Neutrogena I probably won't have any problems. The coverage was great for covering my acne scars and minimalizing my pores. My only problem is the shade range. The darkest shade is still too light for my latina/filipina skin tone.

I've used this stuff for a long time. I love it. I prefer it over liquid foundation because the powder stuff tends to leave you with a more natural look (if you don't use to much) while the liquid foundation leaves you looking fake and makes you break out more. Love, love, love this stuff.

on 1/7/2009 9:47:00 PM

I have the Honey Beige 70. I really like it! As a first time powder user, I'm impressed. I'm looking for other powders to see, but I'm cool with this one.

Pros: It matches my tone perfectly. It gives me a flawless, youthful look. It is just fantastic with its packaging with a mirror and little pad with it! Very convenient. It made my skin glow more and I think it's helping the coloration after as well as my tone. It makes my skin feel brighter and lighter. It covers my scars at first, BUT...
Cons: This stuff comes off so easily. The WIND could take it off. After a few hours, you have to reapply all over again, because it fades or comes off, and my acne scars show so bad, AND when you DO apply it, it looks all fake and powdery and chalky.
(It does say 'lightweight'. I'm not a fan of 'lightweight'.)
Overall, if you have awesome skin and want to make it awesomer, don't mind that it sheds over everything, don't mind it fading so quickly, like to primp and powder your face up, and improve your skin's clarity, tone, and texture: get this! Otherwise don't! Until I find a better foundation to wear under it, I'll buy it again because I like it. (Don't let the 'cons' say that I don't. I'm just saying stuff I don't like about it.) It's a pretty neat product anyways. I don't breakout with it and it actually helps my acne. I recommend it. :-)

EDIT!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! This is horrible. It got all dewy into a foundation. It starts off powder, then goes to a clumpy, unusable foundation after a month. GROSS. Goes on horribly. Won't buy it again. Disappointing.

on 12/17/2007 1:35:00 PM

Just got this at least 2 days ago. I just tried using it today and I see NOTHING come out of the packaging! Way too difficult, so I'm going to return it. Not at all worth the $10

on 7/14/2007 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like the powder in this product. The brush that it comes with is awful though, it feels like sandpaper. I just broke it open and put the powder in a separate container and use it with a large powder brush. It also hasn't broken me out :) great product, crappy container/brush.