Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC42 in MAC studio fix powder and for Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation I use the shade Honey Beige. First of all, this foundation has been very good to my skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I haven't had a bad reaction to it. It's light-medium coverage. I prefer natural coverage where it doesn't look like I have completely flawless skin so this is great for me. I just use this to even out my skin tone. If you are looking for full-coverage, I do not recommend this because you will most likely be disappointed. It is also mess-free since it's in a compact, which is a big plus and great for on the go/traveling. I also don't recommend it to people with dry skin because it can accentuate the dry-ness.

on 4/15/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My skin took a turn for the worse about 6 months. At the most, I used concealer under my eyes and on the occasional dark spot. Now, I have a face full of hyperpigmentation and acne. Absolutely horrible. So as I am working with a dermatologist to clear this horrible mess up, I have been on the hunt for a good foundation and/or concealer to cover the marks. So far I have tried dermablend, covergirl sensitive clean foundation, clinique, and korres mineral foundation. See my reviews for those if you are interested.

My skin is very very acne prone and very very sensitive. I did read the reviews on here for this foundation, but I took them with a grain of salt because some really acne prone people loved this but others hated it. So I tried it for four days. I use vanicream sport spf 35 which is NOT a matte sunblock and it can get greasy when the proper amount is used. However, this foundation clung really well to the vanicream and balanced out the greasiness. Although it says sheer, a few layers actually covered my really bad hyperpigmentation issues and I did not need a concealer. I used a cotton ball for application, it actually worked really well. Plus I never double dipped, I used a fresh cotton ball each time to keep the makeup clean. But, after a few hours my face would itch, but I just started using a new prescription, so I thought that had something to do with it. I did get new pimples during this time, but since I am dealing with full-blown acne, it is really hard to tell whether a product breaks me out or if I am just breaking out!! HOWEVER, I always pull my foundation down to my neck and face. I NEVER, and I do mean NEVER break out on my neck and VERY RARELY on my chest. With this foundation, my neck and chest itched along with my face.....and BAM, PIMPLES ON MY NECK!!!! So yes, now I know that this product was the cause of the itching (I do not use the topical prescription on my neck or chest) and the horrible new pimples. I also hated that the product had parabens, as I am trying to step away from that, but I was willing to compromise for one product if it worked well, BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!!!

Also, I hit the pan within 4 days!! That is crazy!! A total waste of money!!

So I don't use this as foundation alone - I put it over my dream smooth mousse to add a little extra staying power to my foundation and to keep my oilies at bay. there are some definite pros and cons to this product though:

pros:
*doesn't oxidize
*really great coverage - doesn't settle into the big pores on my cheeks
*is pretty mattifying
*does not break me out

cons:
*not an amazing color selection (I wish they had some more yellow based tones)
*settles into lines like CRAZY. I have fairly pronounced forehead lines and this just clumps into them, and if I put it under my eyes, lines that I couldn't even see before become immediately visible

so while I do like this product for the most part, there are some mild improvements that would make me like it a lot more.

on 7/5/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I generally dislike loose mineral foundation because of the mess factor, and have longed for a pressed portable alternative. This is very nearly perfect for 12.99. The coverage is medium, but with a concealer or tinted moisturizer with spf underneath, it is enough. It applies evenly with the sponge, and there is no shine, no itch, no mess. So quick! I would not and do not rely on this for your only spf.

The colors are similar to their liquid makeup line, and as a BE medium beige, I wear the 50 in the winter and 60 in the summer.

6/09 I edited this to upgrade to 5 lippies--this has become my HG summer/mineral foundation. At Target they have a package with a free brush. The brush leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, it was free.

on 6/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was using this product religiously for over a year and was already on my 3rd compact. Then I decided to be ‘adventurous’ and try out liquid foundations. My search for the perfect foundation has been completely disappointing and fruitless… colors don’t ever match or I either break out like crazy. A few days ago I decided to revisit this old friend of mine and I rediscovered why I loved it so much. I now realize that I don’t need liquid full coverage to get great looking skin. The color I have is Natural Beige (60). I love how this looks very natural on me. It conceals any redness and acne I have… granted acne lumps and bumps are always obvious no matter if you use liquid or powder foundations. I use a flat top brush and pat it on my face after using a primer and concealer… from there I determine if I need more coverage or not and apply accordingly. Obviously, as with any foundation product, this will cake if applied too heavily. This powder foundation does not change color as the day progresses and lasts me through my work day with minimal touch ups. I do have to blot once or twice but that is something that can’t be helped since I tend to have oily skin. I love the fact that it is oil and fragrance free with SPF 20. As previously mentioned, I like to use this over a primer and concealer, and sometimes over liquid foundation for extra coverage. I think this is one powder foundation I will always repurchase. Also, I do sometimes like to use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) over this for extra 'matte-ti-fication' (hehe). For color reference I use Revlon Colorstay in Natural Tan (330), Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundation in Sand (300 – although this is a smidge too dark with a slight pink undertone) and Clinique Even Better SPF 15 in Golden Neutral (#16).

on 11/25/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It's looks very natural on my skin but be warned, it doesn't have much coverage, which I expected from "Mineral SHEERS". And if you apply too much it can definitely look CAKEY. I use my own kabuki brush (from Everyday Minerals, given by a friend who never used it) instead of the provided sponge. And I have to say.. OMG, it looks amazing. This product is worth a try, especially since it's not the most expensive product out there! I really like how it gives me a healthy looking glow, has SPF 20 and that it doesn't break me out.. unlike CG powders. :( Anyways, get get get this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin oily. It caused breakouts and comes off easily and feels cakey.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like how this looks on the skin when freshly applied.
I do have issues finding a shade that matches well but they are pretty forgiving.
It did not break me out but my skin seems to be even oilier when I use mineral type foundations/powders.
This causes the makeup to cake up and slip around a bit and not look good.
I have to touch up far too much with this product than I have with others.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best powder on the market. Perfect. HG!

on 2/26/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation and I can say that it's my go-to if all else fails. The powder is nice and smooth. It gives light to medium coverage so it's buildable. It covers redness and uneven skin tone pretty well. I love how it lasts all day on me; by evening you may need to touch up but it isn't a big deal. I have dry skin but if you moisturize well, you will be fine. However, packing on the foundation it's expected it will look a bit dull and cakey so I use mac fix plus which makes a beautiful dewy complexion. With fix plus, my foundation lasts from day to night.