Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

Active Ingredients:†Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:†Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

on 2/3/2006 10:25:00 PM

I just received this product in the mail today, I really like it. It has no smell the packaging is GREAT it comes in a tube with a brush at the end to dispense it, thats the coolest thing and it goes on smooth it gives you a kind of a dewy look, but not shiny its probably one of the best products that Neutrogena has come out with. Hopefully it will be fine in the summer time too!! We'll see!! Just alittle update I wore this product for a couple of hours and it made my face alittle shiny when I first put it on it wasnt shiny at all, but as time went on it did. Maybe this will be good for the summer time? Who knows, I'm going to give it a couple more tries and see how it goes.

on 2/20/2006 6:32:00 PM

I love this powder foundation! It is great. It looks natural and does not cake.
The packaging is great, also. The powder container is built into the brush applicator and you just shake it out and apply with the attached brush. Very neat and un-messy.

Also, the price is fabulous, compared to Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals.

The lightest shade matches my skintone perfectly.

I've used Bare Minerals and thought I'd give this a try and I really do LOVE it. It makes my 40-something skin glow and it has yet to cause even the slightest breakout (yes, I still get the occasional zit). I love that I put it on in the AM after moisturizer and a little Yves St. Laurent Touche' Eclait under my eyes and around my nose and voila'...fabulous all day. If you need a lot of coverage this is probably not what you're looking for. But if you already have decent skin and just want to even out the tone and add a glow give this a try. Very convenient packaging is a bonus.

I recently tried Physician's Formula mineral powder and was not impressed. Very chalky looking. So when I saw this product, I just had to go out and try it.

I'm not completely thrilled with it. First off, the plastic piece that slides up and down, broke off and now the powder pours out. I tried reattaching it but it won't stay in. Also, the brush leaves little black bristles across my skin. Like a typical, cheaply made brush.

The coverage isn't great. And I realize it is a sheer but it doesn't seem to even out my sensitive skin either. It actually seems to have irritated it, Making me look older. And I think the powder is actually quite obvious, especially in sunlight. My covergirl powder worked better for half the price.

I would not recommed this product at all. Packaging is awful. It broke the 2 nd time I used it. Not only did it break, but the powder goes all over the place. I currently use Jane Iredale minerals and have been looking for a cheaper alternative. I also used the Physicians Formual Mineral Foundation and found that to be awful as well. Both of these products do even come close to JI. The PF was very chalky. The Neutrogena provided little coverage but alot of shine. I also tried the Neutrogena Mineral Eye Shadow.....yuck.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The design of this product is genius Ö if only it worked! What Iíve come to like about mineral make-up is the ability to control the amount of coverage you get. The way this product dispenses powder onto its built-in brush is fairly awkward so I donít feel I have that much control. After shaking the powder into the brush, Iíve tried tapping it on the base but that doesnít seem to help all that much. The bristles are on the stiff side so you canít really buff the powder on your face as easily as you can with, say, the Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush. Additionally, the coverage seems to be a bit heavy and chalky. I have a skin tone thatís hard to match and this color makes me look orange. And the finish tends to be way too powdery looking. Iíve been using a big powder brush after each application as thatís the only way I can tone down the mask-like look it gives me.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't hate this product but I know there are better made mineral makeups out there. This doesn't seem to cover very well and the first ingredient is mica which isn't good for acne prone skin. I will used it till it is gone or till I can buy something else. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend this product.

on 4/25/2006 6:27:00 PM

Why oh why did I purchase this? Never do impulsive makeup shopping! I was in CVS, and a had a coupon, so was tempted by this. The packaging is kind of nifty, but agree with other reviewers that the brush is cheap and does not work well. The powder - well my skin looked more awful after than before. Cakey, chaulky, and my pores on my nose actually looked bigger! I guess they're jumping on the "mineral foundation bandwagon." I usually like Neutrogena products, but this is a dud.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well first i loved the fact that it didnt make me breakout! and second it went on very even! the only thing that i would change about it is the coverage it was a very sheer coverage but beside that I LOVED IT! :) hope this reveiw helps :)

on 4/28/2006 6:30:00 PM

I can't believe how bad this was. Thank goodness I got it for 40% off. I couldn't get the powder in the blush unless I shook really hard. The brush is so scratchy and felt awful on my face. The powder ended up all over the place. Nice idea, awful execution