Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 4/29/2006 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is an ok product but not great. I have been excited to try the new mineral make ups (I am too cheap to buy ID Bare minerals) but this made my skin kind of gold. BUT i think it will be great in the summer with a tan on my collarbone or as a highlighting powder. I think it will last me a while though, so I dont think I will repurchase as Ulta now makes mineral foundation that I like better.

on 10/22/2006 10:48:00 PM

I was intrigued by the product packaging and the mineral powder idea. However, this product was extremely disappointing. The powder did not go on smoothly and coverage was "barely there" (it was poor for even "sheer"). It says 'foundation' on the packaging but I would just call it a powder. Waste of my hard-earned money.

on 4/30/2007 1:21:00 PM

the packaging on this product is horrible, the actual product is...AMAZING. I thought this product was awful when i first bought it a week ago because the brush was awful, the powder seemed awful, and it didn't show up on my skin. then, i cracked the package open and i dumped the powder in a little jar, i applied it and i was amazed at what a difference it made. i love this product now :-)

on 5/18/2007 2:11:00 AM

It pretty much lives up to its name because it is quite “sheer.” I have Neutral to Medium, but probably could use the Medium to Tan. My skin is looking way less than perfect these days so I usually need at least medium coverage, but this product is perfect for travel. And it at least slightly de-shines my face, while imparting a pretty noticeably glowy luminosity. I guess it does ever so slightly even out my skin tone and smoothes out my blemishes, but not by much. The product design seems to be quite nifty, but as others have reported – can be a pain in the arse and then some. I think this is an all right drugstore product that I may possibly swap for, but I don’t think I would repurchase it on my own just because I do need that extra coverage!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

this is a great alternative to liquid or creme foundation, for example in the summertime. if you are looking for full flawless coverage you may want to try something else, i've found that bare essentuals might give you that extra coverage.. i've used them for 3+ years now and just recently switched to the mineral sheers, as i was seeking something similar and less pricey (as loyal as i was in the fan following, i was growing tired of having to repurchase not only the foundation but the warmth, mineral veil, etc..) this offers pretty good staying power for the most part but after awhile you might need to touch up around the t-zones if you've got combo/oily skin like me. what i love most about this product is how easy it is to find your color match. they make it very simple to pick between fair to light, light to medium, medium to tan...if you happen to pick one thats too light for your face i recommend a dusting of the physician's formula mineral bronzer over it. i've repurchased this item a few times already.

on 9/24/2007 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have good and bad comments. I'll start off with the bad: poor packagine bc the cap breaks off eventually and the powder doesn't come out as i'd expect it to. not much comes out unless you shake it alot. the brush gets rough too.
good comment of the product: the actual powder is nice bc it doesn't make me look ashy. (i'm mixed: black and filipino, so i have medium dark color with an olivy/orange(?) undertone) its enough coverage for me since i don't have terrible skin. i've repurchased many times.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LIKE THIS PRODUCT, ITS SHEER BUT ENOUGH COVERAGE FOR ME. IT ALSO DOESNT BREAK MY SKIN OUT. THE PACKAGING WAS A GREAT IDEA GONE BAD BUT NOT HORRIBLE. I LIKE NOT HAVING IT ALL IN ONE SHOP BECAUSE ITS CONVEINT. THE CAP DOES BREAK EASILY AND THE BRUSH DOES GET A LIL ROUGH AND SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PICK "HAIRS" OFF WHEN IM DONE APPLYING BUT FOR THE PRODUCT AND PRICE ITS A GOOD DEAL IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THE PACKAGING. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL UPGRADE THAT PROBLEM. USUALLY I PURCHASE THESE WHEN THEY ARE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE...OR BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF

on 1/6/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst mineral foundation I have ever tried and I've tried alot! The powder goes on unevenly.......it does not even go on as good as a powder compact....just awful do not waste your money like I just did!

I JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT TODAY. I WANTED TO REPLACE MY MAC STUDIO FIX FOR SOMETHING CHEAPER AND THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT. I USE C4 IN MAC STUDIO FIX AND I BOUGHT THE NATURAL BEIGE AND IT IS A GREAT MATCH. I WILL DEFINITELY BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN THE COVERAGE WAS BUILDABLE AND IT FELT COMFORTABLE AND NOT HEAVY LIKE STUDIO FIX ALSO IT DID NOT BREAK ME OUT LIKE STUDIO FIX. I RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT. GREAT COVERAGE AND THE PRICE IS JUST RIGHT AND EASY TO BUY YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO A DEPARTMENT STORE AND BE HELPED BY SNOBBY SALES PEOPLE.

on 1/25/2008 9:34:00 AM

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. It left my face shiny and muddy.