Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As with their bronzer, this powder is a life saver! Although the coverage is very sheer, if paired with a concealer, I'm ready to go. No need to worry about a foundation brush, packing is so much less time consuming because I just have to grab it! Totally portable and exceptional for touch ups for hot humid days, or even hotter nights out! Good for your skin (no breakouts or irritations and I've been using this for 2 months or so!) and holds up to the more expensive lines (Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals), so go for it. A note: it does take some getting use to the brush... it goes on but very sheer so you will have to build up the coverage. Takes away shine... and with the small price tag, you can stash one in all your handbags! I will never ever go back to regular foundations again...

on 5/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, i don't know what everybody else saw in this product. First of all, coverage: on the sheer side, but if applied with the sponge is medium. Lasting power: lasted about 5 hours but needed a few touch-ups. Overall appearence when wearing: natural beige was orange...applied it to my neck and it looked iffy. After 3 hours my skin looked oily...and it wasn't, this stuff just made it look very oily and weird. Price: $11! For a bad product....thankfully i can still return it! Quality: It didn't give me a rash, made my skin itch a little. Overall: Bad product, made my face look weird, and it was on the high side for a drugstore product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eww... it turned me orange! 'nuff said. I won't be buying again for that reason.

on 11/23/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to find a cheaper brand of pressed mineral powder/foundation than Fresh Face Luster, which is why I bought Neutrogena. The bar was set incredibly high, because Fresh is amazing. Luminous finish, and it's long lasting, offering flawless though light coverage. But it's also $45 and within six weeks of using, I had used enough of the stuff that the center of the pan was already showing. Plus, it's not a good foundation for traveling, as the top and bottom aren't attached and the powder is very soft.

Which brings me to Neutrogena's Pressed Powder Foundation. The lightest color (classic ivory) was a good match and the powder feels velvety and finely milled. (I'm a MAC NC15 to 20, depending on the season.)

But the Neutrogena's not flattering on me. Not chalky, but it's flat and makes my skin look dull. And my skin isn't dull without makeup (I've been doing lactic acids peels, and they're been so helpful). In fact, my naked skin looks better than it does with the Neutrogena Powder, whereas the Fresh makes my skin look more luminous.

Maybe the Neutrogena might work as a touch up powder mid-day to blot shine, but it's not working for me as a foundation.

on 1/11/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is my daily foundation. It does lack staying power, but for me this is overcome by the stuff not breaking me out. It's more important that the skin under the foundation looks good. In other words the effect really lasts because I'm not embarrassed by what I see when I don't have it on. the other thing is I can really get this on quickly and run out of the house. I do feel the light is too light and the next color is too dark, so I mix a bit. Ideally I'd love to find a tinted moisturizer to use under this which would probably be the perfect combo.

on 3/26/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this product. It dries out my skin and settles into my fine lines. I guess it would be good for touch ups throughout the day, but that's about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My only regret is that I resisted trying mineral powder makeup for so long! I bought BE's loose powder and Neutrogena's powder foundation, and I LOVE the Neutrogena. I get compliments every time I wear it. And best of all, it covers the redness of my rosacea. I'm sold.

I've been using this product off and on for a while. I keep coming back to it because I do notice my skin is smoother when I use this. The summer where I live is extremely Hot and Humid and this doesn't clog my pores or make my face burn or feel like I have a ton of make up on. It's great, you can build up the amount of coverage you need. I highly recommend this product, I just wish more came in the container.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm going through a mineral makeup phase at the moment and I've always been a sucker for Neutrogina's foundations, so I thought, why not give this a try?

I found the product was quite good, but really not brilliant. It isn't the best mineral foundation I've ever used by a long shot. I found it a tad cakey-it didn't sink in as well as most other powder foundations tend to do, and I thought that the particles of the powder weren't as tiny as some of the other powders I've tried, so it wasn't very natural looking and it didn't buff in as well as it could have with my kabuki.

Plus I have very fair skin (NW15) which is prone to redness, and the foundation didn't really help to conceal the redness, which was a pity. I would have had to have put on a lot of product to tone down the slight redness, which I wasn't prepared to do because it was just about bordering on being too dark for me (I bought Classic Ivory).

I must admit, the packaging is great though-there's a little sponge and a small mirror inside, which is handy.

Overall, it's an okay product-but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 5/9/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers, Powder Foundation, SPF 20, Natural Ivory 20, was my first attempt at using a mineral/powder foundation.

The product felt thick and powdery when applied and looked cakey reminiscent of all of the excess foundation and powder applications from the 80's. However, within about an hour, it appeared more natural. With time, the moisture from my skin must have started to mesh with the powder making it less powder-like on my face.

My skin becomes more dry this time of year from lots of bicycling so it's likely that I shouldn't be using this type of product at all during the warmer months. However, I do need good coverage--freckles, sun spots, etc., and this product delivered. (My largest concern with one of my current favorite liquid foundations is lack of coverage.) And, I need stronger sun protection this time of year--layering SPF 20 foundation on top of a sun-shielding moisturizer usually works well without the drawback of feeling too heavy like when using a single, higher SPF product.

I also decided that Natural Ivory 20 is too light for my skin. It appeared okay in the store when I held my hand up against the color-selector swatches on the store display--my hands are more tan than my face, but after getting it home, opening it up and applying it, it's definitely way too light (which could also be part of the problem with the cakey appearance.)

A real life problem that this product solved was the ability to travel. I'm constantly looking for sample-size products and powder forms because getting all of my liquids, gels, and creams through airport security is a real burden. Because I travel weekly, I am always on the look out for more travel-friendly alternatives. This product is a powder that replaces something that is normally a liquid, and as such, it frees up some extra "baggie" space for other liquid products.

I considered trying a darker shade, but have since decided to find another liquid product instead as my skin continues to become more dry as my time spent outdoors increases exponentially with the rising temps.

My overall impression of this product is that it's a great price, nice packaging and may work well for someone with oilier skin. It delivered good coverage and the thick powdery appearance decreased given a little wear time even on dry skin. I did not experience any increase in acne or other skin issues.

Bonus points: it went through airport security without needing to be "baggied" along with all of my other liquid products.

Cautions: if you have skin that tends to be on the drier side, you may want to reconsider; and find a store that will let you sample it first because the display color-selector didn't work well in my case.