Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well first i loved the fact that it didnt make me breakout! and second it went on very even! the only thing that i would change about it is the coverage it was a very sheer coverage but beside that I LOVED IT! :) hope this reveiw helps :)

on 10/12/2006 4:13:00 PM

This is decent. I wanted to try this when it first came out, because I always heard mineral makeup was better for you. So I bought it for $14. And then when I tried to use it, it would not come out to save my life! Finally, after like 15 minutes, it started to come out, but you could hardly even tell if it was! I still really can't tell when I use it if it is doing anything for my face or not. It just doesn't show up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Well, this gets a '3' for being average with both advantages and disadvantages.

Pros: packaging slim and compact; not particularly messy (I love the coverage of the loose mineral powders like bare escentuals, but I can not deal daily with the mess in the bathroom every time I used it, even when I tried to tap the brush into the waste basket); very easy to apply; sheer so the shade easily blends with skin; keeps my skin relatively shine free throughout the day, somewhat evens tone.

Cons: packaging cheaply made (brilliant design, awful execution--this is my 2nd, and both cracked and the caps chipped and the sliding part broke off on my first); if you're looking for actual coverage, this won't provide it (I use for the mattifying and even-ing effect, rather than for coverage); sometimes the powder doesn't want to come out of the brush without much shaking; the brush could be softer, though its not terribly stiff or hard either.

Overall, I would buy again for the convenience, but I'm hoping that either another company puts mineral powder in the same type of design (better made) or that Neutrogena hears the complaints and ramps up the quality of both the case and the powder so that it provides a tad more coverage.

on 11/29/2006 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wasn't so impressed by this makeup. It has a great package but the brush is hard to wash since it's attached to the powder in a sense and that just made me break out really bad. I did like the way it looked but it was hard to get it to come out of the brush and hard to draw enough powder to get good even coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After years of searching I'd have to say this is my HG foundation. The packaging is GENIUS and portable of it all is just awesome. I have medium skin with yellow undertones and a whole mess of acne scars. I had piling on concealer and liquid foundation when all it does is make me look fake and cause more acne :(
The best part about the mineral powder foundation is the amount of coverage is very reflexable. I dip a little concealer brush into the big attached brush and use it to cover undereye circles and pimples. I would have given this a 4 because I was having trouble getting powder onto the brush, but I realized that if you pump the plastic cover while holding the brush upside down, you can dispense as much product as you want to control coverage. I recommend this product to everyone with normal to oily skin ESPECIALLY girls with acne. Just to let you know how long it lasts, I bought it 7 months ago and I use about medium coverage everyday, and I have about 1/4 of it left. I LOVE THIS POWDER!

on 1/23/2007 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

well so far this is my hg foundation. i love powder foundations. my skin gets very oily and this is great because its one of the only foundations that doesnt break me out like liquids or creams. what i love most about this product is the glow it gives me. im medium skinned and i used to use the medium to tan color but it was too dark. now i use the neutral to medium and its perfect. u should use this if your looking for not such heavy coverage but a sheer glowing kinda thing. its not good for covering dark circles or brown spots or things like that by itself. u still need a concealer for that. what i also love is the portable packaging which is great! the only problems i have is cleaning the brush is not easy. i ruined the last one i had by washing with soap and water and it seeped through the brush ruining the powder. but now i just take an alcohol soaked cotton ball and rub it over the top of the bristles. i also noticed when im applying it the powder fans out and can get in my eyes if im not careful. but i can definitely put up with those things so ill keep getting compliments on my skin. yup ill repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LIKE THIS PRODUCT, ITS SHEER BUT ENOUGH COVERAGE FOR ME. IT ALSO DOESNT BREAK MY SKIN OUT. THE PACKAGING WAS A GREAT IDEA GONE BAD BUT NOT HORRIBLE. I LIKE NOT HAVING IT ALL IN ONE SHOP BECAUSE ITS CONVEINT. THE CAP DOES BREAK EASILY AND THE BRUSH DOES GET A LIL ROUGH AND SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PICK "HAIRS" OFF WHEN IM DONE APPLYING BUT FOR THE PRODUCT AND PRICE ITS A GOOD DEAL IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THE PACKAGING. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL UPGRADE THAT PROBLEM. USUALLY I PURCHASE THESE WHEN THEY ARE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE...OR BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I just happen to come across this powder at a local Walgreens, in their "new items" section, and of course I had to try it! I've been looking for a compact mineral foundation and was very happy to find one from Neutrogena, which is known for being gentle and non-comedogenic. I am Asian and have some yellow in my skin, so it can be hard to find a good color match. I tried the Nude 40 color, and it's a very good match for my skin tone. I have tried it for about a week now and am pretty happy with it. I have oily skin and am prone to break outs. I haven't noticed any break outs this week and my skin actually feels smoother (maybe my imagination?) I usually use BE in medium beige, and it gives good coverage, but tends to oxidize slightly with my oily skin and will sometimes fade around the corners around my nose. But with the Mineral Sheers, the powder color stayed true and I noticed less shine throughout the day! I use a baby kabuki brush in the a.m. and it gives me a light coverage but hides my dark spots pretty well. I use BPO in the a.m. so i was worried a pressed powder foundation would look too cakey or dry on my face. But this powder doesn't look too matte or heavy. The sponge application is a bit heavy for me, especially for touch ups during the afternoon. I will have to start carrying a small portable brush. But overall, a very good product, especially for the price. I paid $12.99 last week, but Walgreens is having a sale this week for 40% so I will stop by and pick up a couple extra, maybe in a darker tone for the summer as well! I give it 4 out of 5 only because I wasn't happy with the packaging, having to flip the compact up to access the mirror. They should use the MAC packaging which is perfect. But I suppose since it's drugstore brand, they need to display the color with the clear lid.

on 2/10/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I usually like Neutrogena and was so hyped about this product due to all of the raves, but the powder disappointed me. I got it for only $7 (Walgreens sale), and I liked the nude color, but it offered me no coverage. It's just a regular, sheer powder. I think a drugstore product that retails for 12.99 usd has got to deliver better than this. I'd rather stick with a cheaper (and more reliable) Maybelline powder.

on 2/10/2008 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually like this powder quite a bit. At first I too thought it was sheer, but after putting concealer on my blemishes first then using the powder with a foundation brush, I found it to be quite buildable. True, it did not give me medium-full coverage like liquid foundations (last tried Maybelline Age-Rewind, and it had great coverage but still felt kind of unnatural; maybe I'm too picky). But it did have a solid medium coverage that was very natural looking so that it did look "like me, only better". The shade 40 Nude is supposedly darker than what I would choose, but worked out great for me (by the way, 30 Buff was more pink and looked darker to me than the Nude). It left only very minor flecks of powder so it's very hard to tell I'm wearing anything. But still, over my Maybelline liquid concealer it looked great. I also did not think the package was flimsy, just average. My only gripe with it is that after 3 hours of wearing it, I started to go from dewy to oily, needing to blot with rice paper. I've only wore it 2 days but it seems blotting every 3 hours will be necessary, though it may be a decent trade off for the most natural-looking, comfortable foundation I have tried. I also have combination skin that can get very oily or very dry. It has not seemed to cause acne so far. Overall very happy with it. May need to try Palladio Wet/Dry next but I think one of these two will be my long term foundation. I will try to update this review after wearing it longer or comparing these two.