Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 44-55
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

on 7/5/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I generally dislike loose mineral foundation because of the mess factor, and have longed for a pressed portable alternative. This is very nearly perfect for 12.99. The coverage is medium, but with a concealer or tinted moisturizer with spf underneath, it is enough. It applies evenly with the sponge, and there is no shine, no itch, no mess. So quick! I would not and do not rely on this for your only spf.

The colors are similar to their liquid makeup line, and as a BE medium beige, I wear the 50 in the winter and 60 in the summer.

6/09 I edited this to upgrade to 5 lippies--this has become my HG summer/mineral foundation. At Target they have a package with a free brush. The brush leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, it was free.

on 4/28/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I find this foundation to do everything that I need a mineral foundation to do, with none of the drawbacks of loose mineral powder (ie BE). The Neutrogena compact gives me full coverage (which I need) with the enclosed sponge applicator, used dry. The compact keeps the sponge seperate from the foundation powder, and includes a big mirror, which is nice; very portable without mess, too. The coverage is pretty matte, not shiny at all. Do use a good moisturizer underneath, and I use Smashbox primer as well. I work in a hot & sweaty enviroment, and this stays put all day. I don't know as my skin has dramatically improved since using this, but I'm really sensitive (L'Oreal Bare Minerals made me break out in an itchy rash) and the Neutrogena hasn't caused any problems; in fact, I can't even tell I'm wearing it. I've already repurchased once and will again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing Honey Beige. As with many Neutrogena products this is one you'll buy again and again. Superb color and quality for the price. Drugstore brands have finally moved away from the pinky, orangey shades of the past towards more yellow based colors. I'd guess that a swipe of this will be great for a little summer color when you don't want to wear much foundation.

on 1/6/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst mineral foundation I have ever tried and I've tried alot! The powder goes on unevenly.......it does not even go on as good as a powder compact....just awful do not waste your money like I just did!