Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 36-43
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

Active Ingredients:†Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:†Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

on 11/1/2008 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This just might be my HG foundation. Applying with a sponge, it looks good. With a kabuki brush, OMG my skin looks flawless. I have super-splotchy skin and this evens it out without looking cakey or makeup-y. Packaging is awkward, and the pan is pretty shallow so I have replace it pretty frequently, but the end result is amazing.

on 10/26/2008 3:35:00 PM

on 3/9/2008 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like Neutrogena because it's the only foundation that I can find that completely matches my skin tone (no pinks!), and has a natural finish.
I used this pressed powder foundation over Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup, and it gave me an absolutely flawless finish. Not too matte, no shininess, no caking. My looked the same at 1am as when I put it on at 4pm.
On its own, it's even and smooth without a powdery finish, but still no shininess.
It looks too heavy when reapplied with the sponge applicator, so now I touch-up with a giant fluffy powder brush, but touch-ups aren't really needed if I use primer underneath.

The price isn't bad: around $10USD, although I suspect if I use it every day I will have to replace it rather frequently.

The packaging is awkward. I like the sponge applicator, and I like that it's held away from the powder, but it's not very easy access. And once I get the sponge, I have to flip back to the powder to put it on the sponge, and then flip back to the sponge-holder to use the mirror.

EDIT - I started applying this without liquid foundation using a kabuki brush. My skin looks absolutely FANTASTIC. I have never ever had any makeup make me look so naturally good. Women at work have asked me, did I get a great facial? I tell them to go buy this (some of them have!). I cannot praise this enough. If it makes my splotchy skin look so completely even and natural, it will work for anyone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had reviewed this in another category, then I saw this is the place that everyone is reviewing it, so I am putting my review here, with some edits.

I bought this in Classic Ivory, the lightest shade, and it works for my really fair olive face. It's not too pink, which I have had such a hard time with in other foundations! I have to say, if you put a lot of this on your bare face, it will come out really pale and chalky looking. What I do is put sunscreen on first, then let it sink in, then blot off any excess, then put the foundation on, and then it doesn't look chalky, and it's actually a little darker.
I have oily skin, so if you do also, you will have to touch up during the day, but all I do is just put a little more on, and I don't need to do it that often. Also, since it's not meant to be a full-coverage foundation, I found that a little shine actually doesn't look that bad. The great benefit of this foundation is that it's so easy and quick to put on! I was using Colorstay for full-coverage days, but I find that I'm using this Neutrogena one for just day-to-day stuff. You can build it to a medium coverage, which I do on my cheeks and nose because I have mild rosacea, and it seems to cover that just fine. It looks much more natural than Colorstay.

For the price, I think it's worth giving it a try if you are looking to see what mineral makeup is all about, and/or you want an easy and quick foundation. To me it seems inexpensive because because I'm used to department store products. I paid $11.69 for it at Target, so to me that's a huge bargain!
I'm definitely buying this again!

on 8/4/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Shake, shake, shake -- nothing -- shake some more -- nothing. Shake VIGorously, and a massive pouf of silt comes out of the end of a very cheap, coarse brush, with more of the fine powder disappearing into the atmosphere than landing on your face. Very wasteful. Freakishly orange color, complicated packaging, uneven coverage -- blech! You're better off pillaging some of the fine natural clay that comes off your local desert floor (should you be fortunate enough to live in the southwest), than wasting your hard-earned money on yet another crappy product.

on 7/22/2006 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh. When will I learn? Check MUA BEFORE purchasing anything at the drugstore, even tried and true brands! The packaging looks so cute and useful, but in reality it's awful - there's no way to control how much product goes on the brush, and if you've used MMU's before, you know that's a huge key to success.

I was left feeling like it's not quite a powder, not a foundation... all in all, it's not much of anything except an immediate return to CVS.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The design of this product is genius Ö if only it worked! What Iíve come to like about mineral make-up is the ability to control the amount of coverage you get. The way this product dispenses powder onto its built-in brush is fairly awkward so I donít feel I have that much control. After shaking the powder into the brush, Iíve tried tapping it on the base but that doesnít seem to help all that much. The bristles are on the stiff side so you canít really buff the powder on your face as easily as you can with, say, the Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush. Additionally, the coverage seems to be a bit heavy and chalky. I have a skin tone thatís hard to match and this color makes me look orange. And the finish tends to be way too powdery looking. Iíve been using a big powder brush after each application as thatís the only way I can tone down the mask-like look it gives me.