Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Made me breakout so so badly. The packaging is crap, to use it you unscrew it but it's upside down? The brush it comes with is garbage. Good god I've never seen my face break out so badly

on 10/3/2016 10:29:00 PM

I really like this, but it is quite sheer. If you're looking for the coverage of a powder foundation you may be disappointed-it really doesn't cover much of anything and wears like more of a setting powder...which is fine with me as I prefer setting powders and concealer rather than full foundation. Its light and smooth and feels good on the skin, not powdery or chalky or drying IMO. Combats shine for awhile, but I think my skin eats this throughout the day...by days end when I remove it with micelle water theres barely anything on the cotton pad...strange. I have this in Classic Ivory and I find it neither too white nor too yellow nor too beige...probably because its so sheer that its forgiving. Use this only if you have really good skin, or as a setting powder layered over something else

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like how this looks on the skin when freshly applied.
I do have issues finding a shade that matches well but they are pretty forgiving.
It did not break me out but my skin seems to be even oilier when I use mineral type foundations/powders.
This causes the makeup to cake up and slip around a bit and not look good.
I have to touch up far too much with this product than I have with others.

on 11/21/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I should start by saying I use 80% HE products and so I am picky. This is the best powder compact I have found at the drugstore. I use Janie Iredale pure pressed base for the mornings, which is pricier but my HG, but to touch up during the day at work I keep this in my bag and it's great. It has pretty good coverage I would say medium when you use the pad that the compact comes with, and it doesn't feel cakey or thick at all. So medium coverage and feels light on the skin and doesn't break me out? All for under $10? That's a winner for me. The only thing I don't like is the compact because I only had mine for a few months and the hinge snapped . But I would recommend this product.

The best powder! I have oily skin so I need powder. But I don't want it to look like i'm wearing powder. This brand is the most translucent and light I have found. Only negative is the packaging. They should eliminate the bottom slide away compartment and just add more product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best powder on the market. Perfect. HG!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice light-to-medium coverage mineral makeup. I was afraid the Classic Ivory shade would be too dark on me but it goes on lighter than it looks in the compact. Gives a nice, natural look. I apply with a brush, not the applicator that comes in the compact.

on 2/23/2014 8:08:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's definitely a staple. It evens my skin time and stays matte for hours. Definitely a great alternative to liquid and healthier too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

*Sigh* I'm already afraid. Everytime I find a product that seems too good to be true, it probably is. Enough of my soap opera; let me get down to the review:

I was in CVS today blowing $$ on drugstore cosmetics. I needed a new foundation as my regular was looking too orange/dark on me. I have been reading reviews on Revlon colorstay foundation so I picked up two bottles (B1G1 half off)-- one in toast and the other in the next shade darker-- (I like to mix to create the perfect shade). I also picked up this mineral foundation in tan 80. I prayed as I held it---I have a nasty history w/ mineral makeup--breaks me out like hell within hours...I'm talking itchy, swelling cystic acne within a matter of 2- 3 hrs to a day or two. Bad news.
But since its Neutrogena and the package says "dermatologist- selected minerals" I thought I'd give it a go.

I spread a layer of the Colorstay liquid over my face w/ my MAC foundation brush and used a fluffy brush to set with this powder foundation and WOW--my skin looked flawlessly gorgeous! Not a pore in sight, no acne or acne scars showing....just smooth, even, soft, shine- free yet glowy, PERFECT skin. No need for a concealer. I squealed in delight! I've searched for a long time for products to make my skin look this beautiful; wasted a lot of $$$ on expensive brands, only to find my possible HG in a drugstore :)

Its only been one day---too soon to tell----but I'll update if this stuff breaks me out like all other mineral products I"ve used in the past. Keep your fingers crossed!

Ugh! I thought this looked kind of powerdy and weird on but didn't realize how awful this product was until one day I had on one of my other foundations and put this one on as touch-up. It looked NASTY yellow compared to the other foundation, and made me look like I had a bad case of jaundice. This looks really cheap and dusty. I don't want to seem like an ad by telling you about any other powder foundation, so I'll just say save your money and DON'T buy this! If you can't afford a better foundation, you're better off without any makeup at all! No one's skin looks like this!