Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 25-29
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

on 4/12/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I apply this every morning to my T-zone over bare skin or liquid foundation/bb cream. Can't speak to it as a foundation, but as a setting/finishing powder it works great. It is invisible on the skin and does away with shine.

One lippie off because the compact broke.

I purchased this powder to have a cheaper drugstore alternative to my clinique super balance powder..thus was actually a better color match for me because is more yellow tone then clinique. But i won't purchase it again because it clogged my pores. It caused blackheads on my nose and chin. And for 12 dollars its not that cheap.

on 6/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was using this product religiously for over a year and was already on my 3rd compact. Then I decided to be ‘adventurous’ and try out liquid foundations. My search for the perfect foundation has been completely disappointing and fruitless… colors don’t ever match or I either break out like crazy. A few days ago I decided to revisit this old friend of mine and I rediscovered why I loved it so much. I now realize that I don’t need liquid full coverage to get great looking skin. The color I have is Natural Beige (60). I love how this looks very natural on me. It conceals any redness and acne I have… granted acne lumps and bumps are always obvious no matter if you use liquid or powder foundations. I use a flat top brush and pat it on my face after using a primer and concealer… from there I determine if I need more coverage or not and apply accordingly. Obviously, as with any foundation product, this will cake if applied too heavily. This powder foundation does not change color as the day progresses and lasts me through my work day with minimal touch ups. I do have to blot once or twice but that is something that can’t be helped since I tend to have oily skin. I love the fact that it is oil and fragrance free with SPF 20. As previously mentioned, I like to use this over a primer and concealer, and sometimes over liquid foundation for extra coverage. I think this is one powder foundation I will always repurchase. Also, I do sometimes like to use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) over this for extra 'matte-ti-fication' (hehe). For color reference I use Revlon Colorstay in Natural Tan (330), Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Enriched Foundation in Sand (300 – although this is a smidge too dark with a slight pink undertone) and Clinique Even Better SPF 15 in Golden Neutral (#16).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the shade in sand, and it is a perfect close match to my skin. The coverage is great and it doesn't look chalky on my skintone. The compact is very easy to slip into my bag and contains spf 20, which is very good, since I get red if I don't wear sufficient sunscreen. It doesn't break me out and layers well under my Oil of Olay moisturizer with spf 15. Compact is a bit cheap, but it at least contains a mirror and application sponge. It is way better at absorbing oil than my Mac mineralize powder and is much cheaper as well. Will repurchase again.

on 4/30/2009 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is okay for those days when you don't feel like wearing foundation (like going to the beach, running errands on a Saturday morning, etc). It's very sheer and yes, it's a bit difficult to dispense onto the brush. It does give my skin a glowy look, though. I'd probably say it's a C+ product. I buy it when it's on sale.

The thing I dislike about purchasing foundations/powders at the drugstore is that it's a guessing game. There are rarely, if ever, testers so it's pretty much a hit or miss kind of deal. I initially purchased this product in #40 Nude and ended up looking like a corpse. Therefore, I had to go back to Longs and exchange it for the next darker shade, #50 Soft Beige. I love it that most drugstore policies allow you to return used makeup products, although the sales people hate it and discourage it apparently because the makeup return process is a real hassle. I love the lightweight coverage, the fact that it's SPF 20, and that the color decently matches my skin tone. I dislike the fact that it's a little drying on the skin, making my face flaky in some places and the spongy applicator isn't the best so I replaced it with a compact powder puff instead. I'll probably finish the product, but I'm not sure if I'll purchase it again. As far as pressed powders go, I've found that L'Oreal's True Match has worked best for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LIKE THIS PRODUCT, ITS SHEER BUT ENOUGH COVERAGE FOR ME. IT ALSO DOESNT BREAK MY SKIN OUT. THE PACKAGING WAS A GREAT IDEA GONE BAD BUT NOT HORRIBLE. I LIKE NOT HAVING IT ALL IN ONE SHOP BECAUSE ITS CONVEINT. THE CAP DOES BREAK EASILY AND THE BRUSH DOES GET A LIL ROUGH AND SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PICK "HAIRS" OFF WHEN IM DONE APPLYING BUT FOR THE PRODUCT AND PRICE ITS A GOOD DEAL IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THE PACKAGING. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL UPGRADE THAT PROBLEM. USUALLY I PURCHASE THESE WHEN THEY ARE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE...OR BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF

on 5/18/2007 2:11:00 AM

It pretty much lives up to its name because it is quite “sheer.” I have Neutral to Medium, but probably could use the Medium to Tan. My skin is looking way less than perfect these days so I usually need at least medium coverage, but this product is perfect for travel. And it at least slightly de-shines my face, while imparting a pretty noticeably glowy luminosity. I guess it does ever so slightly even out my skin tone and smoothes out my blemishes, but not by much. The product design seems to be quite nifty, but as others have reported – can be a pain in the arse and then some. I think this is an all right drugstore product that I may possibly swap for, but I don’t think I would repurchase it on my own just because I do need that extra coverage!

on 4/29/2006 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is an ok product but not great. I have been excited to try the new mineral make ups (I am too cheap to buy ID Bare minerals) but this made my skin kind of gold. BUT i think it will be great in the summer with a tan on my collarbone or as a highlighting powder. I think it will last me a while though, so I dont think I will repurchase as Ulta now makes mineral foundation that I like better.