Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 19-24
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.1

on 2/26/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation and I can say that it's my go-to if all else fails. The powder is nice and smooth. It gives light to medium coverage so it's buildable. It covers redness and uneven skin tone pretty well. I love how it lasts all day on me; by evening you may need to touch up but it isn't a big deal. I have dry skin but if you moisturize well, you will be fine. However, packing on the foundation it's expected it will look a bit dull and cakey so I use mac fix plus which makes a beautiful dewy complexion. With fix plus, my foundation lasts from day to night.

on 9/22/2012 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The color Honey Beige works perfectly for my skin, this is a light coverage for shine / slight imperfections. Really great drugstore product!

on 4/15/2011 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My skin took a turn for the worse about 6 months. At the most, I used concealer under my eyes and on the occasional dark spot. Now, I have a face full of hyperpigmentation and acne. Absolutely horrible. So as I am working with a dermatologist to clear this horrible mess up, I have been on the hunt for a good foundation and/or concealer to cover the marks. So far I have tried dermablend, covergirl sensitive clean foundation, clinique, and korres mineral foundation. See my reviews for those if you are interested.

My skin is very very acne prone and very very sensitive. I did read the reviews on here for this foundation, but I took them with a grain of salt because some really acne prone people loved this but others hated it. So I tried it for four days. I use vanicream sport spf 35 which is NOT a matte sunblock and it can get greasy when the proper amount is used. However, this foundation clung really well to the vanicream and balanced out the greasiness. Although it says sheer, a few layers actually covered my really bad hyperpigmentation issues and I did not need a concealer. I used a cotton ball for application, it actually worked really well. Plus I never double dipped, I used a fresh cotton ball each time to keep the makeup clean. But, after a few hours my face would itch, but I just started using a new prescription, so I thought that had something to do with it. I did get new pimples during this time, but since I am dealing with full-blown acne, it is really hard to tell whether a product breaks me out or if I am just breaking out!! HOWEVER, I always pull my foundation down to my neck and face. I NEVER, and I do mean NEVER break out on my neck and VERY RARELY on my chest. With this foundation, my neck and chest itched along with my face.....and BAM, PIMPLES ON MY NECK!!!! So yes, now I know that this product was the cause of the itching (I do not use the topical prescription on my neck or chest) and the horrible new pimples. I also hated that the product had parabens, as I am trying to step away from that, but I was willing to compromise for one product if it worked well, BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!!!

Also, I hit the pan within 4 days!! That is crazy!! A total waste of money!!

So I don't use this as foundation alone - I put it over my dream smooth mousse to add a little extra staying power to my foundation and to keep my oilies at bay. there are some definite pros and cons to this product though:

pros:
*doesn't oxidize
*really great coverage - doesn't settle into the big pores on my cheeks
*is pretty mattifying
*does not break me out

cons:
*not an amazing color selection (I wish they had some more yellow based tones)
*settles into lines like CRAZY. I have fairly pronounced forehead lines and this just clumps into them, and if I put it under my eyes, lines that I couldn't even see before become immediately visible

so while I do like this product for the most part, there are some mild improvements that would make me like it a lot more.

on 8/20/2009 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this stuff is idk... idk what happened to it the first time i used it was over my foundation (liquid) and i looked amazing... i slept w. my makeup on accident due to a long nite and still looked flawless in the am.. no dry skin no oil and great coverage.. but now its looks like garbage i feel like im melting when i wear it.. idk if it doesnt last or what but ive only had it about 3 weeks and it only did what i wanted on week one..

i wish i could find a good coverage powder foundation that controls oil to put ove rmy foundation cuz i have scars and long days so i wanted it for touch ups but yeah still looki ng

on 7/21/2009 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

okay so i liked this product at first and now i think im hating it! it feels like its melting on my face and i think i had a rection to it. i have all these bumps that werent there before last week popping up and my pores have never looked so big.! i wish i could find one of these that was good.. i want a powder like this that has coverage that i can put over my foundation becuase im a student and long days=touch ups but i cant find anything i think i will hit the department stores and once again give up on ds makeup anyone have a good sugestion for a good line of foundation and powder thats long wearing non acne prone and oil free!!!????******please reply

on 4/3/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm just gonna echo what most of the reviews are. This stuff doesn't even stay on my face. Most of it goes out into the air. I use my powder brush to try to spread it around and cover more It doesn't seem like a fine powder that'll go on "sheer", it's just like...powder that comes out and once you run your brush over it, it comes off. I was so disappointed. I won't be buying this again.

on 3/31/2009 10:06:00 AM

I really like this product. I use it as my foundation and I think it gives good coverage. You need to moisturize your skin really well prior to using it otherwise it can look flakey. The color also matches really well to my skin tone.
I think I'll be repurchasing this.

on 11/25/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It's looks very natural on my skin but be warned, it doesn't have much coverage, which I expected from "Mineral SHEERS". And if you apply too much it can definitely look CAKEY. I use my own kabuki brush (from Everyday Minerals, given by a friend who never used it) instead of the provided sponge. And I have to say.. OMG, it looks amazing. This product is worth a try, especially since it's not the most expensive product out there! I really like how it gives me a healthy looking glow, has SPF 20 and that it doesn't break me out.. unlike CG powders. :( Anyways, get get get this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just bought this Neutrogena compact at Walgreens. I thought it was pretty expensive for a drugstore brand but I looked at it and thought, "well at least they give you a lot of product." I was wrong. The powder itself only reaches halfway down the compact. The rest of it at the bottom is a place to hold a round applicator sponge. And there is also a mirror. I rarely have a problem with the packaging of powder comapcts. I mean, what's there to complain about anyway? But for this one, I worrying that it's going to break on me because it feels so light and flimsy! By the way, I think Neutrogena should make more shades because after careful debating, I finally picked up "Nude" and now I think it might be a bit too light for me. I hate bad drugstore lighting. Maybe I should learn to carry a handheld mirror with me when I shop for foundations. Now that I'm done complaining about the packaging and the color, the powder itself is pretty good. Honestly, I don't really know what made me buy this because I never wear powder foundations. I don't like my face to be matte, so I always wear liquid foundation that gives me a bit of a glow. I guess it was all the hype about the new " mineral makeup" craze that's taking over. This pressed powder is good if you want a sheer, natural looking foundation without any shimmer or glitter in it.