Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 19-24
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

4.3

on 11/3/2013 3:08:00 PM

I'm definitely a powder person and this is good stuff! I use it over my foundation, sometimes to set it with a fluffy brush and sometimes I use the provided sponge to pat it on. It lasts on my skin all day, lasts forever in the compact, has a good mirror, very bendable. Very happy with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Summertime is a time when my skin will not agree with a liquid foundation (my usual/previous foundation medium) as I think most are the same.
So I went looking for a good powder foundation and read the reviews on the Mineral Sheers foundations.
Neutrogena has always been pretty good and my skin agrees; haven't had any problems with their products so far.

I was afraid that my skin would turn out flaky with using powders, but oddly that's what was happening with the liquids I was using... they were way prominent and things were overall icky.

Anyway I had gotten Natural Ivory for myself. It was a pretty good match and actually a little darker than I expected... usually a little lighter is best with foundations. But this was ok... so if you think that it will go on extra light and powdery looking just because it is a powder, don't worry about it with these Mineral Sheers powders; the color you see is reliable.

It comes with a sponge under the actual foundation lid. I found that the sponge allowed for more coverage but it felt kind of weird so I opted for my own kabuki brush. I just wanted something light (Accutane, thank you) but that gave my skin a freshness and consistent evenness throughout. This definitely gave me that. I do have some deep pores from previous acne problems on the sides of my face but this masks any redness and such. I also kinda got over thinking about them.
I love looking at myself before and after I apply this because it makes you look 100% better and fresher!

I would recommend this to anyone wanting something light, not likely to cause any bad reactions, and that makes you look more fresh, awake, smooth, and even. If you have issues with flakyness I doubt it would be this product... you need to exfoliate your skin regularly

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As with their bronzer, this powder is a life saver! Although the coverage is very sheer, if paired with a concealer, I'm ready to go. No need to worry about a foundation brush, packing is so much less time consuming because I just have to grab it! Totally portable and exceptional for touch ups for hot humid days, or even hotter nights out! Good for your skin (no breakouts or irritations and I've been using this for 2 months or so!) and holds up to the more expensive lines (Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals), so go for it. A note: it does take some getting use to the brush... it goes on but very sheer so you will have to build up the coverage. Takes away shine... and with the small price tag, you can stash one in all your handbags! I will never ever go back to regular foundations again...