Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 19-24
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

on 9/17/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this power for almost 5 years now and I can honestly say that I have no reason to look for anything else! It sets foundation beautifully, has a natural finish, and super build able coverage! I do wish that it looked a little bit smoother on its own (not over foundation or BB cream) but c'est la vie! It drugstore and from a company that does not overload their products with crap ingredients. The packaging is pretty bland, but I buy it for the results! I have combination/oily skin and this keeps my skin pretty shine free (I say "pretty" because in certain areas I still get shine, but I can't tell if it's the powder's fault or the fact that I can get SUPER shiny in my T-zone, so who knows) I will continue to repurchase this product :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

So I will say that this product did not break my skin out which is why I gave it four lippies. This powder also matched my skin tone rather well. I would have given it five but I am not really satisfied with the coverage. i wasn't expecting it to have medium coverage or anything, I do realize it says Sheer in the name, but it didn't really do anything at all for slight redness and uneven skin tone. This product would be amazing for someone who doesn't need much at all in the coverage department and has breakout prone skin.

on 4/15/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

coverage: very light
Ideal for oily skin, because it will dry out dry skin (i have combo skin and this made the skin in my nose get flaky)
makes skin matte and has spf20 in it
overall I reallly like it its great for my oily skin since it was flaking me out a little
i put a good amount of moisturizer on to leave my skin feeling a bit oily..and then put the mineral powder on ..my skin feels smooth and shine free but moisturized...hope this helps

i use a kabuki brush to put it on ..i like it better that the sponge that it comes with..

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually really like this product. I have tried every single powder foundation known to man lol (Kanebo, Dior, Chanel, Nars, Estee Lauder, Benefit, Shiseido, etc.) and when my Benefit powder randomly broke, I decided to try a drugstore foundation in a pinch. Well, my first thought was that I was shocked by the amount of coverage it gave for a sheer foundation. While for some people it was not enough coverage, I also wear Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation underneath because I have such oily skin. I also find that it looks soo much more amazing when applied with a brush, as other posters have noted. The compact looks cheap, but hey, its not that expensive for a powder foundation, at least not in comparison to what i usually buy. I would definitely buy this again, and I also love that it has not made my skin break out. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this product. I had been using MAC studio fix for a few years and I switched to this because the studio fix made me totally break out and my face looked like an oil spill by the end of the day. I tried this and the coverage was pretty much like MACs (which was the only reason i kept using studio fix). It does not oxidize (get darker) as the day goes on, like studio fix did. And the price is not that bad ($12ish). I love the sponge it comes with. The coverage is very buildable. Usually i'll apply this, then do all my eye makeup and such then put another layer of this on at the very end of my makeup routine and it looks pretty darn flawless! the only thing that is unfortunate is that it does come off fairly easily. Don't touch or wipe your face if you want this to still be on. But other then that, it was great for my skin, really helped me clear up, and did a lot better with my oily skin compared to the mac. I also have dry skin, i just exfoliate every 4 or so days and this looks great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this powder foundation in Soft Beige 20. It comes in a compact with the powder on top, a mirror that swings up on the underside of the powder, and a sponge applicator in the bottom. The hinges of the container are very thin, and one hinge of the middle powder/mirror section was already broken when I opened the package. I bought this product because I wanted something that would provide medium coverage and remove shine without the heaviness and mess of liquid foundation or loose powder foundation. Unfortunately, this doesn't provide enough coverage, and because it is a powder, it emphasizes my dry spots and flakes and is too matte if applied with the sponge applicator that it comes with. It looks much better when buffed lightly with a powder brush. I use it mainly for touchups throughout the day to combat shine and oiliness. Occasionally, it will look nice and give my skin a glow if I have enough moisturizer on and buff it in correctly, but the results are just too fickle for me. Also, my face tends to get greasier over the course of the day, and this powder just rubs right off. I end up loosing all of the limited amount of coverage that it provides after only a few hours. It just doesn't last if used as a foundation.

Pros: SPF 20, good shade selection
Cons: goes on too matte and dry, better as a powder than foundation, poor lasting power

Bottom line: It may be worth a repurchase for a powder only if I ever finish using it. I like the Revlon ColorStay powder much, much better because it is silkier and gives a nice finish over Revlon ColorStay foundation.

on 11/25/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It's looks very natural on my skin but be warned, it doesn't have much coverage, which I expected from "Mineral SHEERS". And if you apply too much it can definitely look CAKEY. I use my own kabuki brush (from Everyday Minerals, given by a friend who never used it) instead of the provided sponge. And I have to say.. OMG, it looks amazing. This product is worth a try, especially since it's not the most expensive product out there! I really like how it gives me a healthy looking glow, has SPF 20 and that it doesn't break me out.. unlike CG powders. :( Anyways, get get get this product.

on 11/21/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have tan skin, and it's very difficult for me to find powder that doesn't make my complexion either look gray/ashy or red. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers compact in the color 80Tan happens to be a PERFECT match for my skintone - it's a golden healthy hue, that gives my face a radiant glow. I apply it with a travel foundation brush ( I don't use the included puff), I swirl the brush, tap the excess powder off, then lightly sweep it over my face, and that does the trick. I can either use it alone, or dust it on top of my liquid foundation for a very finished, polished look. Before this, the only powder I used was Mac Blot, but that was translucent. In contrast, I like that Neutrogena adds a little coverage, beautiful color AND has SPF 20. Other pros: I tend to have acne and this does NOT break me out; it helps control my shine (I have oily skin); good to carry in my purse for touch ups throughout the day. Cons: the only con I can think of is the packaging, I agree with other reviewers that the mirror placed on a seperate layer beneath the powder tray is a bit annoying.

on 11/21/2008 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have tan skin, and it's very difficult for me to find powder that doesn't make my complexion either look gray/ashy or red. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers compact in the color 80Tan happens to be a PERFECT match for my skintone - it's a golden healthy hue, that gives my face a radiant glow. I apply it with a travel foundation brush ( I don't use the included puff), I swirl the brush, tap the excess powder off, then lightly sweep it over my face, and that does the trick. I can either use it alone, or dust it on top of my liquid foundation for a very finished, polished look. Before this, the only powder I used was Mac Blot, but that was translucent. In contrast, I like that Neutrogena adds some coverage, beautiful color AND has SPF 20. Other pros: I tend to have acne and this does NOT break me out; it helps control my shine (I have oily skin); good to carry in my purse for touch ups throughout the day.

on 9/29/2008 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the concept of pressed powder foundations because loose mineral PF can get messy and takes a longer application time. I use the sponge applicator that comes with it. I like that this has SPF 20 and that this feels so light! However, since I have oily skin, I still need to touch up. Oil control of this product isn't the best, but putting some powder on top can help. Overall, this is good if you want a decent pressed MMU. I could imagine how better this would work for people with skin less oily than mine.