Skinoren Cream

Skinoren Cream

3.3

1g contains Azelaic acid 200mg, and Benzoic acid 2mg. Azelaic acid, Arlatone 983S, cutina CBS, cetearyl octanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid.

on 6/10/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used Skinoren on and off for a couple of months. My skin loves it and after using Skinoren for just a night or two my skin feels soft as a baby's bum. However, I've been a bit concerned about the fact that azelaic acid and skinoren is also used to promote hair growth on patients with alopecia. While Im happy about the effects of Skinoren so far, Im generally not looking for increased hair growth on my face :) I'd really appreciate your input, if anyone has any thoughts or reports to share on whether you've seen facial hair growth on Skinoren. In any event, I use a retinoid every night, so I only have Skinoren for some extra peeling from time to time. For reference: I currently have no skin issues, my face is glowy and smooth and I do not need to use foundation or concealer. (But I used to have acne, I break out easily if I use the wrong products on my face (hello eco cosmetics & facial care!) and I work hard on keeping this glow :) Google Dr Sam Bunting's videos and blog for great tips.

on 5/7/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've been struggling for a couple of years to deal with two large patches of melasma on my cheeks. I tried various serums and facials, then tried MUA mandelic serum and acid peel for 6 months, which was a complete waste of time for me as neither product made a difference

Six months ago, I started using retin A & acid toners & saw some progress after 2 months. A few weeks ago I added Skinoren as azelaic acid is one of its ingredients.

The cream absorbs easily and there's no trace of residue. However despite having oily skin, but found that if I apply too much of the cream, I occasionally have dry, flaky skin the next day, someone with dry skin may find this too strong and have to use it every few days

There is a definite improvement in the patches of melasma, they are lighter and breaking up. If you like me you suffer with melasma, I would definitely recommend, as its relatively cheap and you can slot into an existing beauty regime.

* Update *

In 3 months of use its almost completely faded one large patch of melasma on my face. I think in 6 months it will have faded both patches. Its done a far superior job than anything else I used, I only wish I tried it sooner - and a bargain at only £10

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This cream made my skin itch, however I would have tolerated that if I had noticed any difference in my acne. I have dry skin and still found the base of this cream to be greasy and clogging, therefore actually contributing to my pimples in the long run!

on 3/10/2016 1:32:00 PM

I suffered from acne , but this cream help me a lot,, really l like it because it's helpful... And my face become clear...

on 3/2/2015 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo-oily, dehydrated, sensitive skin (SD-prone) with hyperpigmentation (OSPW, Fitzpatrick IV).

I started my venture into azelaic acid with Finacea. While it worked wonders (see my review: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/sreview.asp?ItemId=88824&RID=2522764), it took quite a long while to get over the stinging and itchiness. Eventhough my skin finally adjusted better, I still felt it was quite harsher than I'd like. I needed to buffer it immediately with at least a very hydrating serum.

When I moved to Malta, I found out Finacea isn't available in here, but Skinoren does. I figured I'd try (I had no luck with cream base 20% azelaic acid from another brand) and my skin ended up loving it. I experience no irritation whatsoever, yet it continues to give me result as Finacea once did.
When there was only little left on my tube, I stopped using it because my skintone kept getting lightened and I didn't like how different it was from my neck and chest. It worked too well apparently. LOL.

Recently, my T-zone and the surrounding area experienced a strange breakout (I know how my skin clogs and breaks out) from Olay Age Defying Toner (see my review: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/sreview.asp?ItemId=105469&RID=2763574). Plus, before that I got 2 cysts (broke my 2 years streak of cyst-free) and they left red marks (PIH). Also, it was TTOM, so I had a zit on my jawline/tip of my chin and I ran out of my BP stock and for some weird reason, it's been OOS for a while in this island.

I went back to Skinoren right away. Just overnight, the clogged bumps on my forehead and the hormonal zit went away, the rough patch on the same area with the zit softened and all those strange breakouts from the Olay toner were GONE. To top it off, my skin looked so soft, smooth and even, that it looked great without any foundation/powder.

Whenever my skin is angry (especially after traveling) and/or looking particularly dull and/or cloggy, Skinoren always takes care of it in just 1-3 uses.

This is magic. I won't ever be without this again.

on 10/29/2014 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the past 8 years I used about 5-7 tubes of Skinoren, sometimes cream, sometimes gel. Both cream and gel irritate my skin while generously applied all over the face (because my logic in earlier days was - you never know where new pimples will appear), so now I use it locally as spot and post-acne redness treatment and happy with it like no other product.

I don't have a lot of HG products but this is a must-have for me since my father first introduced me to it. I had a lot of break- outs in my late 20s but this helped clear my skin up a lot. The trick is to use it as an overnight treatment, in a very thin layer, then let dry and follow up with moisturiser. And of course only treat those areas that need it. The product will be drying so it might be necessary to skip it every other night.
Now in fact my skin is in pretty good condition and I only suffer occasional break-outs whenever I change my skincare routine. Skinoren is my rescue remedy whenever a product breaks me out, no matter if it is white heads on my chin or some real pimples, a combination of Skinoren and a good moisturiser for sensitive skin never fails to clear up my skin in half a week.
It is possible that the product loses its efficacy if used too long or too regularly, as my younger sister actually seems to have become immune to the effects. So keep that in mind and only use as a troubleshooter.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This contains Azelaic acid 200mg. This white cream was easy to apply. It did shrink my pimples but at the same speed as typical pimple cream duration. It did irritate my skin a little and made my skin feels itchy. I hope this worked better but it was just alright.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think this is a good product. It dries up annoying pustule pimples in a matter of a few hours or a day. I just hate that it kinda burns and itches, but if it works, it works. My pharmacist cousin gave it to me, so idk how to use it properly, though i don't think who ever has sensitive skin should use it on their entire face. I use it as a spot treatment since it burns too much. I wouldn't say if it's good for prevention. It didn't do much for those bumpy painful pimples, but they did go away in about 2-3 days (even though they usually have a lovely one week vacation on my face). I'd buy it again since it's the only thing that worked well enough for me.

on 12/4/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

People people! did u seriously read the instruction of the application? its not supposed to be applied all over the face but on the exact area of problem, meaning that this should only be a spot treatment. it should only be dottedly applied on your pimple. acne, whatever it is your having. this is not a moisturizer so massaging it on your face is a big NO NO! your face will definitely itch yah know!