Bourjois Lune D'or

Bourjois Lune D'or
Lune D'orBourjois Lune D'Or #35 Blush

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

Bourjois blushers are such a disappointment to me. Lune looks absolutely beautiful in the little pot. A very shimmery, light pink that I thought would work well as a highlighter. The texture and pigment of this blusher is such poor quality.

Pros:
*Looks lovely in the pot

Cons:
*Texture is so chalky and unblendable
*You have to pile it on to notice ANY sort of colour payoff which is such a waste of product
*Expensive for such a little pot
*I couldn't even see any shimmer or sparkle at all, even when in sunlight
*Lasted about an hour before I noticed it had completely disappeared.

Overall, a very, very poor quality product. Do not waste your money and don't be fooled by how pretty it looks in the pot. If you want a pigmented and cheap 'healthy glow' pinky/gold blusher, I highly recommend Sleek Blush in Rose Gold.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This blush lacked pigment and was too glittery. I gave it to my friend to use as a highlighter.

This was my first Bourjois blush and I feel disappointed by this product. The colour is gorgeous a medium pinky peach, but that's really all I like about this product. The packaging is flimsy, the formula is chalky and dusty, pigmentation lacking, and the shimmer is actually chunks of obnoxious glitter. I was literally picking chunks of glitter off my face every time I wore this blush. Personally not worth the money and this will be going into the trash.

on 4/23/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The shade itself is what you would get if you dipped a strawberry Starburst candy (the pale pink one) into pale gold dust. Mmm, it looks delicious just sitting in the pan by itself. But as others said, it shows up on the skin with low pigmentation and lots of shimmer (my same complaint about Nars Orgasm). I still liked this better than Nars Orgasm, though. Orgasm is more sparkly (not shimmery but SPARKLY) and looks terrible on pores upon application. Bourjois Lune D'or has more finely milled gold shimmer to it. Also, Lune D'or is a peachier and beigier pink than Orgasm and blends with skin tones better (which showed up redder rosy pink on me). Both have too much gold, though.

I tried this when I was both paler and tanner. When I was paler, obviously the pinky peach hue showed up more. But the shimmer was a little overwhelming and combined with the beige-peach-pink hue it just looked ruddy and dirty - almost orange or brown from a distance- on my light complexion (NW/NC20). I actually liked this better with my fake tan complexion (NW25-30) - if you layer it hard, it will show up as a light wash of faint peach-kissed pink and the finely milled shimmer will blend in with a tan skin tone (to look like skin) and really make it look like a natural subtle blush from within. Really pretty and glowy. Sometimes I do put a darker,matte blush underneath for more color payoff. It looks good for the first few hours and then my oils react with it and it gets gross and the shimmer starts to sink into pores, the color disappears, and I just look like I have sweaty cheeks.

Overall, my reaction is meh, whatever. It's almost half the price of Nars Orgasm, so I'm not too angry about it. But it's definitely not my holy grail. Might be perfect if the color intensity was increased (and I mean only that exact color, just more apparent - it's a beautiful shade) and if the shimmer was toned down a bit.

Tried to take photos of Orgasm and Lune D'or on my arm to show you, but neither showed up in the pics with or without flash (that's how underpigmented they are).

This pairs up nicely with L'Oreal Colorjuice in Strawberry Smoothie lipgloss (almost the exact same shade and sheerness - in lipgloss version).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the colour of this blush it's very naturally peach with a shimmery glow. The shimmer isn't too obvious but I'd say if you don't like shimmer then stay away from any of these blushes. Yes, as others have said they do go hard but it's not a problem, you just have to scratch a little off with the other end of an eyeshadow brush before you use. I love the smell and I love the little compact pots I think they are so cute. Overall a nice, flattering colour, fairly pigmented and blends nicely, however stuck to the dry patch on my cheek. I'm not saying that this is exclusive to this blush as powder blushes do tend to do this to me anyway so I've still given it a 4. I won't be repurchasing as much as I'd like to as I've moved onto cream blushes as they work much better with my dry skin.

on 5/6/2011 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I'll join the club of those who love these blushes...Bourjois blushes are just sooo great!!!!!!First of all, the fact that these are baked blushes makes them way superior to other blushes. They give that airbrushed, feathery look. Very very finely milled, and it blends in the skin incredibly well leaving a very natural look. I'm fine with the little brushes, the are not the best brushes that I've seen coming with the blush itself( much better quality brushes come with Pupa blushes, and my Clinique Precious Posey one), but they are perfectly usable.

This shade is the lightest among all of Bourjois blushes, so I initially bought it as a highlighter, but it turned out that it does leave a bit of rosey, peachy colour on my cheeks...and I'm not a very fair toned girl at all...I can't use it now, since my skin is already much darker due to the lots of sun we get here in this season, but 2-3 months ago, when I bought it, it was really nice, a subtle blush with lovely glow on my cheeks.
It hardened very quickly, so I had to scrape off the surface with a toothbrush, but I don't really mind doing so every once in a while. It's just a great product, quite cheap, very handy packaging. I like Bourjois products in general, and my favourites are these blushes.

Comparison of the shades I have:

Lune d'or: The lightest, peachy rosey colour with golden shimmer.

Ambre d'or: Peachy brick colour(at least on me) with golden shimmer. Not a big fan of this colour.

Rose frisson: Lovely shade of rose colour with just a nice sheen. This is my favourite of the four I have. I'd reccomend this for medium-dark skin tones. It works wonderfully on me, giving me a nice flush of colour. I like it more than my Clinique Precious Posey.

Lilas d'or: The colour is more purple than the previous ones with golden shimmer. I like this shade, but it's better for the colder season when my skin is not this yellow like now...yes...I have one of the most yellow toned skins I have ever seen...a bit of a curse when it comes to foundations...

on 11/26/2010 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this blush @ the recommendation of a MA, I didn't really wear much blush at the time and was looking for something natural looking. She referred me to bourjois because she said it was under the chanel company as a lower level brand, and I loved the way it looked on me. I can wear it very lightly for a soft shimmer or more heavily so you can see more of the color on my cheeks. Now I usually like using it as a highlighter over other blushes. I would definitely repurchase, even though its small it actually has lasted me for a while. I love the smell too. I gave it a 4 for packaging because I think its so cute and dainty but the top part broke easily, and besides the mirror for it is kind of pointless as is the brush it comes with. When using a blush brush to apply it try using one that is more compact so that it picks up and dispenses more of the color on your cheeks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite blush colours ever! It is a peach/pink and has gold shimmers running through it that are subtle so they don't overpower your face in the daytime. I am not a fan of bright pink blush so when i found this peachy one i was really exited to try it and i am so so happy i got it. & It smells beautifully powdery, kinda like Chanel No5 in a blusher haha :D

on 10/12/2010 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have fair skin, and I like this blush a lot. It's a very natural color, just the hint for everyday use and a hint of shimmer too.
In fact I think all the bourjois blushes are very nice, I've got 2 more colors that I use when I do my make up for a night out.
Perhaps the only problem I see is that sometimes the blush becomes kind of solid or stone-ish and I can't catch it with the blush brush. Then I just rubb a little with a nail, and problem solved.
I don't think this is a poorly pigmented blush like others have said, I think some people just failed choosing their color, because my mom has darker skin and lune d'or doesn't show on her(well, the shimmer does a little) , but she likes tomette a lot.

A pretty shimmery peach color, I probably would not buy this full price again because I've seen plenty of cheaper alternatives that give the same highlighting glow. It may work better as a highlighter or layered over a darker blush, but when I tried it on by itself it still looked pretty. The brush is a useless waste of resources for the company and should never have been included, and there is a sweet cent to the product that I don't mind, but others may find obnoxious.