MAC Paint Pot - All

4.4

Isodocecane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Dimethicone Silylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Trihydroxystearin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Carnauba Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. Paint Pots may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens Ferric Ferroxyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines,Yellow 5 Lake.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've only ever used one of the MAC paint pots and it's a staple in my makeup bag. I use Layin' Low as it's a nice neutral shade that effortlessly evens out the tone of my natural skin color. I often wear it as a base under eyeshadow when I'm creating a dramatic look, but I like it best on its own when I'm wearing minimal makeup. It just gives my eyelids a brighter, more even look.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

As much as these paint pots are widely lauded in the makeup community, I'm afraid these don't work for me.

When I first started wearing makeup I had such a struggle with eyeshadow creasing that I gave up wearing it. I tried many creamy based type primers. This was one. It creased terribly.

I have oily/hooded eyelids that devour eyeshadow. They also devoured the paint pot (in my crease anyway).

For the price this just wasn't acceptable.

Ironically, the primer that ultimately worked when I was ready to give makeup another try was the cheap cheap ELF eyeshadow primer. Go figure.

These must only be for 'normal' skin.

I was dubious about this pot format, since the pot liners from MAC always seem to dry out and become useless quite fast. But the Paint formula seems to withstand the air exposure better. I use Bare Study almost daily as a base. I've barely made a dent in it after about 18 months! It keeps even the cheapest, worst shadows from creasing, and is a lovely highlight shade on its own, so it has actually cut down on my eyeshadow routine.
The first Paint Pot I owned was Chilled On Ice (disc, or ltd ed., I guess), which I didn't like nearly as much -- the glittery bits seem to let go of the skin after a while and I'd end up with them in my eyes or on my cheeks. It's a beautiful shade, though, and Bare Study is almost identical but without the glitter, just a very fine pearl.

I wish Bare Canvas (regular Paint tube) came in the Pot format, as it's much easier to control application from the pot than when using those metal tubes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome awesome product! Not only it has great colour payoff, it helps my eye makeup stay on all day without smudging! It blends really smoothly and dries really fast. I have it in Painterly and Rubenesque which i feel its the top 2 paint pots that you must get for mac. If you can only get 2 paint pots, go for these 2!

MAC paint is essential to anyone who wants eyeshadow to last! It also intensifies color and makes application much easier. I have been using MAC paint under my eyeshadow for well over ten years, and I was exicted when it came in the pot becuase it was easier to access than it was in the tube! This is, without a doubt, my favorite and most essential beauty product I've ever purchased. I will continue using MAC paint forever!!!

P.S. I've tried other primers out of curiousity, and they don't come close to MAC!

One of my all time. I currently own 3 of them and I love them all equally. Use it every single day for my eye makeup and it works like magic.

It prolongs the wear of any eyeshadow.

For more in depth review, please go to my blog

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Paint pots are for lazy people just like me, especially when you are rushing to get out of the house early in the morning everyday.

According to MAC's website, PAINT POTS are highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. They are long-wearing and colourfast. They create seamless coverage without weightor caking. They blend smoothly over the lids and they can be mixed with eyeshadows and eyeliners.

For me, I use paint pots as my eyeshadow base / eyelid primer. They don't crease over time unlike other eyelid primers that I tried. They dry fast so you don't need to wait for it to dry especially when you are in a rush in the morning.

I like the fact that these paint pots that I got are shimmery because it goes on well without eyeshadows at all and very light wearing and long wearing as well.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just started buying paint pots this past fall. I have three - Rubanesque, Idyllic and Nubile. I really love them as a base. I don't usually wear them alone because they'll crease on my oily eyelids after a couple of hours. If you have oily lids like me and want a long-lasting cream shadow to wear alone, then I recommend the MUFE aqua cream. The paint pots last when they are set with powder eyeshadow and they will really bring out the colour in your eyeshadows. I love them as a base and will continue to purchase them.

I have one in Bare Study and Painterly- Painterly isn't good on its own, it's best underneath your eye shadows. Very good as a base though, as long as you don't mind your eye shadows taking on a pinkish tint.

Bare Study is good on its own, it's kind of a neutral, light shimmery color. i'm pale so it looks natural on me with a little shimmer. i wear it alone when i'm trying to get out of the house quick without spending much time on my face. It stays on all day, unless you wipe at your eye a lot (which I think happens with anything). Bare Study also is a good base if you don't want your eye shadow to take on a pinkish tint.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Paint pots are a dream! I have Bare Study, Quite Natural and Painterly. Bare study is my least used one as I find that it dries my eyes out a bit, and to be honest I don't like the shimmer. I know the shimmer can be toned down if used as a primer but I just don't on with it. Quite Natural is a fab eye shadow, which really brings out my blue eyes. I adore this and use it all over the lid, with coffee eyeliner smudged out and Brun or Handwritten pushed over the top of the liner. I love this smokey look. But I do need a primer underneath this one, for some reason is creases on my oily lids. Painterly is such a wonderful primer - it matches the skin tone on my lids superbly, cancelling out any discolouration. It doesn't dry my skin out and makes the best base for any colour I put over it. This is my newest purchase so haven't played too much with it yet, but I am so pleased that I do not have to wear an additional primer under it. I am considering another colour, but I have so many eyeshadows now that I would have a hard time choosing :o)
The price of these are fantastic. They may seem pricey at first (14.50 from MAC direct) but they last so long! I have hardly scratched the surface of these babies! One thing you must do is make sure the lid is tightly screwed on after using, as I have heard they can dry out quickly.