Olay Winter Retreat Vanilla Indulgence Beauty Bar

No Image

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite soaps of all time, and I'm a soap snob. Lathers beautifully, never dries out your skin, and somehow manages to smell so wonderful that it scents my entire bathroom, but is never overpowering.

I have found that Olay sells this under different names by the year -- it's usually seasonal, coming out in the winter, but do the sniff test of the package for the wonderful vanilla-y scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just an overall great product. I always keep a bar of this in my shower. It has never left my skin feeling dry or stripped, nor has it ever left a 'slimey' feeling. I feel just perfectly clean! I do not strictly use JUST this but I've always got it lying around. This soap isn't expensive and it lasts such a long time!

on 3/20/2012 5:32:00 PM

Yum, my favorite soap!!! Love how moisturizing (even my heels are softer!) and pretty this smells. Even my fiance likes it, and he doesn't like anything scented. It doesn't have that awful "tar" stench after use like Dove does. All Dove soaps to me smell like roof tar after the shower. Gross. But Olay is wonderful. Try some if you like vanilla, it's very nice. Not too sweet or cheap, very creamy. MMMMMMMMMM.

on 3/30/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This really does not smell like your typical vanilla bath product. It is a really creamy smelling vanilla. It's hard for me to describe. The bar itself is wonderful. It is a moisturizing bar that produces really creamy lather with my washcloth. I suffer from really dry skin, particularly in the winter. I also have to deal with eczema in the winter. This bar was a pleasure to use on my dry skin.

on 6/19/2009 6:59:00 PM

YUM! The best body bar soap ever - the smell is to die for ! This review is for the Vanilla Indulgence bar soap readily available at Target. Moisturising ,soft, cleansing- the positives go on and on. I even take this on holiday with me as I love it so much.
I buy this in the 6 packs available at Target. Fabulous- now......if this was available in a body spray I believe, Olay would have a runaway best seller !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a hand soap because I go thru liquid soap so quickly and am allergic to sulfates (which are literally in every hand soap or body wash). This is excellent! Has a light calming vanilla fragrance (not sickly sweet like the body wash), and cleans effectively w/o drying or irritating. Using this will save me money, as one bar will last me much longer than a typical hand soap.

If it's great for your hands, it's prbly excellent for the body as well. Go out and get a pack!

on 2/21/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Due to a friend raving about this product, I was on a mission to find it, I knew I had to try it!

I'm so glad I finally did! This is an excellent soap for winter dry skin. It has a wonderful soft vanilla scent, not a "foody vanilla" scent. It lathers up extremely well, making it great for shaving my legs.

It leaves my skin very soft and moisturized. I'll definitely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Because of the buzz of this product on the boards, I made it my mission to find this. It didn't take too long, found it on my first attempt, when I went to Walmart. Lucky me, huh? This is a great soap, and smells really good. To me, it smells exactly like Secret's Vanilla sprakle body spray. The scent isn't that strong, but that's ok, because I really don't expect my bath/shower products scent to last me all day and be the focal point fragrance. It lathers well, and isn't drying at all. I do like this soap, alot in fact, but I am just not "in love" with it. Nor will I freak out if I can't find this in the stores(probably because I already stocked up and bought 2 of the 6 packs, lol). But overall, great soap, nice scent, and I can see myself buying more of this next winter when it debuts again. Would be lovely if they made a lotion too!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This soap was given to me by a friend who bought out the lot at Target. I love vanilla and was excited to try it...The scent is lovely but the ingredients listed are too numerous to name. I don't want to wash my body with that mess of chemicals, I'll stick to my Tom's of Maine. Olay rates pretty high at EWG for toxic ingredients, but then most drugstore items do...

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh my Heavens this smells even more heavenly than that corresponding bodywash in this scent. First I love the shape of this. I thought it was going to be another big block of white colorless soap. But it's not. When you open it is a pretty cream color but the shape is the stand out feature of this soap first off.

Typically the big blocks of soap I am used to are just cumbersome to use until they have been wittled down by use a little. But this one comes right out of the package the right size and shape for a woman's hand. It is contoured and the first time I used it was amazed at how effortlessly it went gliding thru my hands. It made a big difference in the whole experience. I typically am not a retail bar soap fan so this next part amazed me.

I washed my hands with this and fell in love with the creamy bubbles it produced. And the smell is h-e-a-v-e-n-l-y!! LUSH Snowcake fans this is reminiscent of Snowcake in my opinion.. call me crazy but to me this smells like sweetened up Snowcake. Very nice soft cuddly comfort scent. It isn't a foody vanilla but more a 'cuddle up' vanilla scent. It just screams comfort scent and is in no way a foody vanilla. I love that. It smells very clean. I kick myself for that $7 bar of Snowcake sitting in my bathroom now when this 8 pack of the Olay cost me $5..And I think I like the scent of it better...

This soap has changed my attitude about retail soaps. I thought they were drying but this one left my skin feeling very soft and not dry at all. I like it better than my cold processed soaps I spent a fortune on as well. While the bar does not posess the silky feel on the bar itself like a CP soap does. It more than makes up for it on your skin by performing the same way a CP soap would and giving you a wonderful scent to boot:) LOVE LOVE LOVE... Bought 6 packages of this to last thru the year as it is Limited Edition. ♥