TEMPTU silicone based liquid foundation

The pros. I love the pod system opposed to the traditional airbrush. It saves so much time for cleaning. I love the scent in the makeup. It covers pretty well. If you have questions, their on line chat is fantastic! The cons, unfortunately at 46 years old, I still have oily skin. Nothing stays all day, and not past a couple of hours with oily skin. It's not possible. Another con, my skin breaks out with it more. I'm keeping my airpod system and my pro airbrush. I'll use them occasionally. If you don't have oily skin, I know it will stay on all day. I sprayed a spot on the inside of my wrist, (non oily skin area), and it did stay on all day. I've moved back to Alima mineral powder makeup. It's just easier to reapply every 2 hours. I am eager to try the hair color for roots that Temptu has come out with recently.

on 6/9/2016 1:40:00 AM

Hmm I don't understand the great reviews here.

If you have sensitive skin, pass on this and keep looking.

Temptu is like the Mac of airbrush foundations, it's pedestrian, the beautiful finish doesn't last beyond a few hours and leaves foundation caked in places you wouldn't want it to go.

I have extremely sensitive skin that's prone to eczema and was told by my MUA that Temptu would cover the redness AND last.

The Verdict: It didn't last for more than an hour and a half, left me completely dry and wound up causing an allergic breakout.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

I have extremely oily skin, and I mean extreme, products like Estee Lauder double wear and other long lasting foundations lasted a maximum of 2 hours on my face, then melted away and went patchy, so I was desperate to find something that would not wear off in a short amount of time.

I use an Iwata airbrush and compressor to apply, I don't use the pods, I also love it as I can blend 2 colours to match me perfectly. I use 0C8 oil absorbing primer with it as a base which extends the wear even more. It took a while to get used to applying with an airbrush but after 6 applications I have became a pro. I would really recommend this if you have really oily skin, it is well worth the investment.

on 7/1/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the best air brush foundation.
I used temptu s/b with my first airbrush system (iwatta silver jet) for my wedding 10 years ago. 9 yeas later I bought the temptu compressor and air brush&pod system and it is just as good as it was. I use both the pods and the traditional air brush regularly and this is my favorite foundation when I want a flawless look. This make up is water resistant you can swim sweat cry and this foundation stays for hours. This foundation provides a satin finish that is not to matte and this works with other cosmetics creams powders and primers with out flaking or discoloration. This worked well in my 20s and it still works well in my late 30s. If you like this finish you may appreciate Estée Lauder daywear bb cream and Ketts water based airbrush as these are my top 3 favorites.

on 6/10/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do bridal makeup and this is the foundation I've been using ever since I started doing airbrush makeup. I use Nars (for traditional). It looks like skin and never go cakey.. . I also love its dewy finish. It's not drugstore price range, but compared to other expensive foundations, this is much cheaper. You may use your fingers or brush in applying this, like how you put your regular foundation. You can go swimming and this will not fall off unless you wash it with soap or use a makeup remover. So even if you're the type of person who perspire a lot, the makeup will definitely stay in place. I highly recommend this! Been using it since 2011.

This is my favorite foundation. As an MUA I have the deluxe package so I purchased all of the shades of this product. I also got the dura line and love it as well. The ethereal glow that this product gives is amazing. And with the ability to custom mix each color every day for the perfect match I am in love. I have always been a stickler for matching foundation color with the skin. Then you can use less product and look like your skin is just perfect. That's what I go for every time

on 4/13/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

No wonder its regarded as the highest quality silicone airbrush foundation on the market. It doesn't have to be applied with an airbrush, I have found you can apply it with a brush or a sponge but looks best applied by hand. Temptu s/b creates an unparalleled soft-focus glow on the skin, in sharp contrast to the flat, matte finish of some water based airbrush makeups. The finish is water resistant with a soft natural look which is very flattering in HD video especially on guys. This foundation has a slower setting time which allows for hands-on touch ups. I airbrush this foundation everyday before school and it lasts on my skin for 10 hours whilst still looking flawless and natural. Always get compliments that my skin looks flawless and lit from within.

I do not have the airbrush system but have a small bottle of the foundation in the eyedropper bottle. Even though this is a foundation, I find it is an amazing eye shadow primer. My eyeshadow looked like I'd just applied it at the end of the day. I don't use this straight as a foundation but mix it with lotion/sunscreen for a tinted moisturizer look and have mixed it with other foundations to play with the color a bit. I like its versatility but am on the fence about repurchasing because the price is high IMO and there were four or five parabens listed on the ingredient list.

on 4/3/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The bottle says Temptu Pro, a 30 ml. 1 oz. eye dropper type bottle.
I purchased the rechargable air-brush machine & 004 sand; 005 pure beige during the IMAT show 2011.
These fdn are silicone+water based, one doesn't need to use the airbrush machine to apply although I find using the finger is the best method b/c brushes or sponge will abosrbed too much of the production.
4 drops of each is good for NW25 to NC 32, although I will adjust the proportion as seasons changed.
I find it is necessary to wait for about 10 minutes for the real effect to show up, it is not a heavy coverage, but it does blurrs marks & pores in a natural manner.
004 sand is a yellow/neutral base
005 pure beige is darker tahn 004 & has a pink/red undertone.
Tip: I also have the airpod, when the airpods are empty, I used a syringe (those with a flat tip needle from the inkjet stores) to refill them.

on 3/2/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG Foundation. I use the kind that comes in the 'Pro' bottle (order online), which is the same formula that is in the airpods. The great thing about bottle is that you don't need an airbrush to apply it! I use a stippling brush and it looks nearly-airbrushed - the next best thing! The consistency is very liquidy, similar to Face and Body formulas, which is great because you can layer it for sheer to full coverage. It also takes some time to set and dry, but once it does it is flawless! This is the best silicone-based foundation on the market IMO. Better than MUFE HD, and for $25/1oz the price is quite fair. I have been using this foundation for 2+ years and have found nothing better in comparison! I am NC25 and both shades 03 (Ivory) and 04 (Sand) work well for me, with Sand being a bit less yellow/more neutral than Ivory.