Canmake Highlight gradation

1 review

on 8/7/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the first Japanese brand I've ever tried. I wanted to get the gyaru look. I always wonder how my favorite gyaru would get taller looking noses. I noticed that they always had a pearly look about on their noses. I saw on gyaru (I forgot whom) pose with Canmake. I got the gradation in 01 because I was stepping out in makeup and I wanted to experience many types of highlight to find out which one would give me the effect that I was looking for.

And it did! I use them all interchangeably depending on the day and mood. I also though because I have dark skin and this clearly a brand that brands to fair skinned women that it wouldn't look good on me. Not true. It's actually quite finely milled for a Japanese drugstore brand so it blends easily and it definitely can give you a define shape.

It comes with a brush and quite frankly it is junk to me. One of those throwaway brushes. It's soft and made of nylon, but I don't like the way it sweeps product. One swipe and while it does pick up product their is a lot of product that becomes loose free to migrate to the other graduations.That never happens when I use my Hakuhodo brushes. It picks up the product and the rest of the product will stay pressed.

It won't provide an airbrushed affect like Makeup Forever's highlight in their sculpting kit however, which is fine because I only use this on my nose. I'm really looking forward to purchasing other product from Canmake.