Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment
Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning TreatmentShea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

3.7

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

PLEASE BEWARE LADIES!!!!! This product made my hair start to thin and fall out within a week of using it. I have full, biracial curly hair with no dye jobs or relaxing or any heat treatment. My drugstore was out of the usual leave in I use, so I picked this up. It has done an ugly number on my hair with patches and no volume. Not even soft. I will be returning this tomorrow and giving my hair some TLC to get it back to normal.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

In the past two years I have gotten my hair cut really short, which most people refer to as the “Big Chop”. I started using Cantu products to see what kind of results they would have on my hair. I absolutely love their products because they’ve made my hair so much healthier and thick and they also keep my hair healthy if I need to straighten it. These products help my hair create a stronger curl pattern and also keeps my hair moisturized unlike other products. The main result from this product is that it smooth's and strengthens hair and also smells amazing. I recommend that more people use these products.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 9/15/17: I am doing a mass return to Kroger on all the new products I bought that aren't CG. I am CG again
---
I love this. I really do. I'd give it 5/5 but it's not CG. I'm annoyed that I bought a product made for curly hair that would have bad ingredients **'my fault not cantu's** but this contains non CG ingredients & to say it's for natural hair but not be CG is disappointing & confusing so I'll only be rebuying the cantu curl activator & cowash. The products that aren't CG are this, the coconut curl cream, the creme shampoo & the dry cowash. I'm considering ditching CG for awhile at least til I finish these profits because they are SUPER GOOD!!!!!! CG is overrated I feel somexs I'll be replacing them w CG products when I finish them this made my hair feel awesome curly & soft not greasy (don't use too much!!), smells amazing it's a shame it's not CG. Won't rebuy but I will buy any Cantu products that are CG. If this was CG 10/10!!!! I kno it's got some not good ingredients but my hair likes it lol go figure why can't cantu be CG!!?? Smells amazing too like a tropical scent super amazing. It plays just fine w other products no balling up nor white flecks. Great product. Just not CG.

on 12/21/2015 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is very moisturizing on the hair for up do's and non binding protective styles (tight braids or any styles that will prevent the product from absorbing). The smell is pleasant in the jar but once on the hair the smell can be a bit strong and lingering. This product is very thick and will take the hair several hours to absorb. This product is great to wear all day and not to bed because it can get a tad greasy and transfer to your pillow. This product is great for your natural hair only if you will allow it to breathe for the day. Meaning do not apply this product if you intend on wearing a wig, or a hat, or any type of protective method that are binding or tight. The product will not be able to breathe and it will leave your hair greasy therefore, your hair or not absorb the product very well. This product is only great for the daytime when your hair has a chance to breathe and absorb the product such as an updo. If you decide to wear a protective style such as a wig full lace wig, scarf, or hat I suggest only putting this product on the ends of your braids if that is how you were wearing your hair underneath your unit. If you decide to use this product underneath any protective message I suggest diluting it with a little bit of water and using a slight amount. The downside is I hate digging my fingers into a jar to get the product out. Also this product must be massaged into the hair very well because it is so thick. This is not a product that you can apply onto braids only the ends of braids. I would consider buying this product again and it does last a very long time because a little goes a long way.

on 2/5/2017 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best product ever!! Keeps the hair moist for a long time!

on 9/30/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This product was great until they added isopropyl alcohol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I started using this product about 3 months ago after reading a number of positive reviews online, as well as on YouTube. This product is creamy and thick, yet it doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy. It can be used as a hair deep conditioner as well as a leave-in. If you use it as a leave-in, I would recommend putting it in your hair while is it still wet, before you blow dry or air dry. I also use it as a moisturizer on my relaxed hair on my scalp and ends. A little goes a long way. I have also discovered that this leave-in works like a charm in slicking my hair back and my edges down when I wear a ponytail or a bun. It doesn't leave a crunchy feel like gel does, and it continues to make my hair soft and manageable. You can get a big jar of this product for about $5 at local stores. Would I recommend this product? Yes

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I only decided to try this product, because it has been around for such a really long time, so it was basically out of curiousity that led me towards buying it. I am not sure exactky what type of hair this product works best for, but i truly can't say it's mines. I wear my hair naturally curly (Type 3b for all of those that are into hairtyping). I happen to have multi textured hair (a mix of very fine, fine, and medium textures). And, yes, i am a woman of color (a mixed raced one to be exact). I can only use this stuff to pre-poo with, as it is heavy on the mineral oil and leaves my hair very greasy, limp, and full of buildup, when i have tried using it as a daily leave in. This product, is too heavy to be used as a leave in in my hair, so for me, it works better as a rinse out treatment. It's smell isn't the best, neither is it the worst. However, i have smelled products that definitely smell better than this one that Cantu makes, and that actually perform better too.

I don't use this product on a frequent basis, so i can't say that i have noticed that it really does anything truly major for my hair. Also, I don't find this product to be a must-have in my haircare regimen, so i have no plans on re-purchasing it.

on 7/20/2015 7:47:00 PM

Im on my 4 tub of this! I put it on each curl at the end of each shower. This works wonders to control thick curly hair!

on 7/27/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

great product. very moisturizing. I use it often Sith protective styles such as wigs and weaves and it does a great job keeping my hair from drying out. did I mention that it smells great.