MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.2

I've repurchased this 3 times. When I'm having good skin days I just wear this on its own, and still get compliments!
It's so soft and flawless, I absolutely love it.

on 8/1/2016 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Love this powder mine is in the shade Light Plus its amazing, soft, finely milled, pigmented and sets your face beautifully. I usually set my face and it looks nice and matte for a few hours and then natural oils start to peek through I get home look at my face at the end of the day and I can see places my foundation has worn off and oily areas, when using this my face isn't shiny at all! Really recommend for combo skin, haven't tried as a foundation but as a setting powder A+

To Read all 280 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/5/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mineral powder is my HG of makeup products!
I use the shade Medium in the winter and Medium Plus in the summer.
I don't love a lot MAC 's face makeup, but this powder is the best and I've never found a dupe. I apply it over my lightweight foundation or BB cream using a cheap small drugstore puff. Using a puff ensures that you are pressing the powder into your skin for better coverage and staying power. I used to use a kabuki brush but found I was wasting product and removing my foundation in the process. I also sometimes use it alone over some concealer for very light coverage.
I have combination skin, usually dry-ish but I get shine on my nose. I would say this is NOT mattifying powder, so if you are oily you should use a mattifying primer.
The reason I love this powder so much is because the colour matches my skin flawlessly, it blurs imperfections, and it doesn't "look" like powder, it looks like your skin, doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. It also lasts a really long time, I probably only need to purchase it twice a year. This is one product I don't mind paying more for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i use the colour light and use it to set my concealer under my eyes. bought it cuz people raved about it on youtube but i think its only average and drugstore powders could prob do the same thing for less. wont be repurchasing as its too priceyand i can easily find a less expensive powder that does the same job or better. i find that when i apply this powder ontop of my concealer it still tends to crease which is annoying, the new packaging for it is nice and the texture is nice but thats about it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Excellent powder for days when you don't want to wear much makeup. I don't wear foundation anymore personally, but if I want a little coverage I opt for this. It's light, mattifying but not *too* mattfying, and leaves skin smooth and natural looking. Would work as an excellent setting powder as well to set foundation for a natural look. However, if you wear foundation daily and want a good setting powder, go for MUFE HD loose powder. Mac mineralize skinfinish natural is exactly that, a light finishing powder meant for a natural look. Very good color selection as well. I wear medium golden I believe. Doesn't clog pores, doesn't irritate skin, and doesn't dry out very dry skin either. It's a nice balanced powder. I would recommend this to almost anyone. If you have mature skin with lines I would use this sparingly, as with any other powder as it can settle into lines regardless of how "good" of a product it is. Excellent powder :) Would repurchase.

on 11/2/2014 12:05:00 AM

Although this was kinda pricey, the investment was worth it. It really does leave my face looking natural and does not make my face look cakey.

on 10/18/2014 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is absolutely amazing!!! I must admit I wasn't expecting much....I don't use MAC often and associate it with bright eyeshadows and lipsticks more than skin/foundation. I bought this at a Cosmetics Company Outlet store for about $22 because I wanted something similar to the Sephora Microsmooth Baked Powder that I currently use (I heard it might be discontinued, but I'm not sure now) and this was about the same price. One day I decided to test it out on a lazy Sunday when I was just relaxing at home, and I had to do a double take when I looked in the mirror!!! I had some redness in patches around my face from acne and it was completely gone with one swipe of this powder. My skin looked matte and great, honestly like I had used a tinted moisturizer or something! This is a new fave of mine

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is honestly one of the worst products I have ever used.

I decided to use this on top of a moisturizer and a primer because I was quickly going out for a run and did not care to apply full makeup. It lasted about an hour before it severely oxidized on me turning my olive skin into an orange mess. This has never happened with any other powder so the primer and moisturizer did not affect this. I washed my face with my regular cleanser and I looked in the mirror and my face was horrible peeling. Every inch of my face was horrendously covered in acne, bumps and my OILY skin was very dry and peeling. I immediately applied moisturizer and it took me 2 weeks to recover. I was not able to use any other foundation as it would accentuate the peeling skin even more.

I attempted to give it another try as MAC would not take the product back and I was determined to make it work. I applied it over my foundation and not only did it bring back the same nasty reaction, but it oxidized, and did not control my oil at all in fact it probably made it worst.

Never again will I buy a mac face product.

Note: I have never had reactions to makeup nor do I have sensitive skin. Don't waste your money if you're looking for quality go to sephora and get yourself a better product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This my all time favourite product! I'm a NC25 and I use this as a setting powder all over my face. I'm quite fair during winter but I get tanned really easily so this with my NC25 foundation gives me the perfect colour all year round.

Just a tiny bit goes a a long way I just buff it all over once, and I'm set and flawless the whole day. It looks more shimmery in the packaging than it actually is, it leaves your face with no shine, just a subtle glow. Super natural finish.

During summer when my skin tends to get better and I don't need foundation I just use this powder for shine control.

The price for this is totally worth it, it lasts me a really long time too.

I can't express in words how much much I love this product. People always tell me my skin is perfect, as I'm not one to keep secrets I always tell, mineralize skinfinish by MAC. It's perfect!

on 8/4/2014 1:26:00 AM

I use this did bronzer. I love it. Can be slightly orange at times.
I prefer too faced chocolate soleil bronzer to this now. But this one is still great plus cost a little less.