Filtered by skin tone : Dark

4.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I do not like this oil it seems to be making acne on my face which is a nono!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Castor Oil! I add this to my DIY body butters, I use it on my eye lashes and as a night time eye cream and it has done wonders for my eye area (which is really really dry for some reason). I also use it on my hair before washing, and on the ends of my hair when I twist it at night. This product is amazing, its cheap, you can get it from anywhere (currently I just the Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Coconut Oil, love it). I recommend for all types of uses. It is also amazing on scars that you are trying to get rid of. It is also a natural anti-bacterial. I am a woman that completely waxes her nether regions and I apply castor oil at night to keep the skin down there soft and germ free, it absorbs into the skin and it really has helped keep the skin down there clear and bright (darker skinned women sometimes get hyper pigmentation down there).

on 9/29/2014 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Indian people use castor oil traditionally for all kinds of things - for my grandmas, this stuff (along with turmeric, coconut oil, hibiscus powder, henna and sandalwood) was a beauty staple!

Makeup remover: removes even the most stubborn water-proof stuff. I use it to remove super stay-put oil-based stage makeup for dance.

Goo gone: Seriously, it works. Obviously use with discretion (its an oil.. it stains) but on glassware and ceramics, works amazingly well and relatively non-toxic [read the ingredients on real 'goo gone' - all kinds of volatile organic compounds]

Hair: Castor oil is THICK. If you read the ingredients of most hair spray, leave-in conditioners, settings sprays - they all have hydrogenated castor oil.. but they use it with powerful emulsifiers. I use this stuff sometimes like argan oil - just run a tiny bit on my ends and to smooth out flyaways, but too much gets greasy FAST. Also it is sticky.

Skin: I used the OCM a few times, but not enough to really make a habit or notice a difference. My skin is complicated, so I stay away from fads. This stuff is GOLD for ragged cuticles and ultra dry skin though. I also use it on the corners of my mouth when they crack or my lips when they get bad wind-burn (I walk outside a lot, Canada is cold :D)

Eyes: MONEY! I don't use this on my brows (breaks me out), and occasionally use it on my lashes instead of mascara (my lashes are long-ish), but the real magic here is a weird use..I have chronic, really bad dry eye. Can't wear contact lenses anymore, eyes are always red, bad night vision, tons of cornea infections.. :( My grandma suggested that I use "traditional" kajal (home-made black eyeliner) on the waterline to improve my vision. Sounds like BS right? I looked into it, and dry eye is caused by blockage of the Meibomian glands near the waterline...Traditional kajal is made with "castor oil soot" from lamps and..castor oil, which is a lubricating lipid. I started spreading castor oil (a tiny drop from a bottle only used for eyes, always with clean hands) on my waterline after wearing contacts, or just every day. My eyes are much less dry, less red, less irritated and I'm noticing a huge difference. I use organic, cold-pressed, double filtered castor oil.. and obviously YMMV and there is a risk of infection. But if you think about it, we all think nothing of putting eyeliner on our waterlines.. so why not castor oil.

Bottom line: THIS STUFF IS AMAZING, a multi-use product, ~$5 if you buy non-organic from any 'ethnic' grocery store or the drug store, and is worth every penny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've always been advised to use this for my sparse eyebrows and when I use it, it really does help. I can see a difference even after 4-5 uses. However it makes me break up and it has even dripped to my eye area causing my eyelids to get inflamed. So no matter how much I would like to use it, I can't.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Miracle product. I have used castor oil to rid my chin and neck of shaving bumps (a thin layer before bed for a week), reduce dark circles (with the same nightly application) and as an overnight body moisturiser.

These are all wonderful and practical uses but my favourite use is on my eyelashes. I have been applying it to the roots for a few months almost every night and there is noticeable growth and extra thickness. Even my friend of many years asked what mascara I was wearing on my bare lashes. What's more is that applying it under my eyes have even made my almost non-existent bottom lashes spring forth. You can even use it as a makeup remover for that stubborn eyeliner between the lash roots. I've also read about it being used to treat verrucas but I haven't tried this myself.

I use the Pukka organic cold-pressed castor oil. It's not exactly cheap but for the results I am happy to pay the price again.

on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I think I want to just add one small thing to the other reviews. Castor oil in addition to growing hair and all that good stuff actually helps to even out your skin tone. I've been trying to get rid of some dark scars I've had for years, however in my attempts to do that, it made my skin tone very uneven (I was literally wearing three shades of foundation). I started using Castor oil every night for the past month. My skin has evened out a lot (to the point where I can wear one shade if I choose). Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer for during the day and surprisingly the level of shine that I get by day end has significantly reduced. (I have combination skin).

I bought it on a whim at first, but I definitely use it and I honestly would recommend it.(Just bought another bottle today!) The scent is not the best, but it's not overpowering.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

When I am all done trying the newest, expensive cosmetics, I always end up returning to basics. I am talking about basic vitamin e oils, baking soda, vitamin c etc...all the basic stuff laying around the house. I do this because IT WORKS, but I am a sucker for pretty packaging.

Anyway, yes castor oil works. My eyelashes were basically non existent. I made a mixture of castor oil and vaseline(another basic product) and place it in a tiny jar next to my bed. Each night I massage a bit of that mixture to my eyelashes. Now I feel my lashes are darker and denser. I loose less lashes too. Cheap and effective!

on 12/19/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Ten out of ten for the effect that castor oil has had on my lashes and the skin around my eyes - I use it overnight as a treatment rubbed into my lashline and under-eye area by hand. I also use it, mixed with some other oils, as a very effective eye makeup remover. The length and volume of my eyelashes have increased, and I think a big part of this is that my eyelashes don't shed any longer. My under-eye skin looks smooth, radiant and is more evenly toned in relation to the rest of my skin.

I've been using it every night also on my eyebrows, and frustratingly, have not had as positive results...so annoying! that's why it doesn't get 5/5 overall.

Before you start using this, plan ahead on how frequently you will be applying it and at what time of the day etc so you can have the right containers to store it in conveniently as it comes in a big bottle - I have mine in a small BioOil bottle for nightly application, and a spray pump bottle (I think for FrizzEase) which has a bigger nozzle as the oil is VERY thick for a regular spray nozzle.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

★★★ I love using this product everywhere, brows, skin, and hair!

Brows: I used it a few weeks and I noticed that they appeared thicker. Not sure if they thickened or not. I would imagine you would have to apply this every day.

Skin: For use when I get out of the shower for my eczema. It's a little sticky but if you do other things like brush your teeth, do your hair etc before you put on your clothes it will absorb into your skin. I would recommend using it when you skin is damp for easier application.

Hair: Only a very small amount for adding to deep conditioners etc because washing it out can be difficult and time consuming if you use too much.

on 1/30/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

Popular Brows Products