Filtered by skin tone : Tan

4.6

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! I have been using this on my eyelashes for about a month, and noticed an improvement within the first 2 weeks. My lashes are normally short -- downright stubby. So, I am thrilled to see that they are growing longer. I can actually see a difference when I curl them now.

Considering how cheap you can get castor oil, it's worth giving it a try. If it doesn't work, you can probably find another use for the oil.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this every night on my eyebrows and eyelashes and I have seen a great improvement in length and thickness. I see a few people have a problem with the oil going in their eyes (it doesn't cause any damage, it just gives you temporary blurry vision), but i just apply a little to the tips of my lashes and this is enough to coat you lashes because it will slowly slide over the rest of you lashes as you sleep, so you don't end up with too much excess. If it does go in your eyes don't worry just wash it out, but if you don't wash it out it soon clears up in a few hours anyway. I also use a little bit on my brows during the day to keep them in place if I haven't filled in my eyebrows, only a little bit so it doesn't look shiny. During the winter when I get dry skin around my nose, I just dab a little bit on dry patches in the morning and at night to stop my skin from becoming flaky (it hasn't caused any spots for me when I do this).

on 1/21/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin and naturally decent lashed both in length and thickness. I do dab this around my lash line with a q-tip to just condition the lashes. However, since castor oil is pretty thick and rich, I don't use it in my skin or brows as it can clog pores, for those I use jojoba oil especially in the summer. My mother is the primary user though as she uses it as a hair pack and it has helped with shedding for her. As with any oil, I would suggest that everyone do a spot test to ensure they are not allergic to castor oil. Also, the whole Ricin that people are complaining about is only found in the seeds of castor plant and is boiled off and left as a waste product after processing of castor oil. The only people to be likely poisoned from Ricin present in castor seeds are the workers at processing plants for castor oil.

on 5/7/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Love this stuff!

I use it to massage my face to unclog my pores (oil cleansing method), my hardened sebum bumps (ew!) just slips out with a little squeeze. (I use castor oil + sweet almond oil for this)

I also use it to grow my lashes and eyebrows. I'm Asian so I originally have thin, short lashes but now they're pretty long ;)

Tip for all the ladies but mostly for y'all Asians with small lashes: use the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and a waterproof mascara to show off what castor oil has gifted you! Haha :)

on 2/20/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I want to share my experience to you guys. Im an asian with very short lashes, i cant even curl it! So im really searching for creams/oils or whatever-you-call-it thing that will help me grow my lashes longer and thicker. So then one time I saw on facebook this "natural beauty and health remedies" group(you should join this gals too) i saw that a lot of members are using 'castor oil + vit e mixture' to have a longer lashes and they have a good feedback in it.

So after reading a lot of reviews i give it a try. I bought 60ml castor oil and 2 vit e capgel(myra-e) . What i did is i cut the vit e and mix it with the oil. I use vit e because it will boost the effectiveness of the oil. I applied it to my lashes every night before bedtime using my finger. After 6 times of using it, i see the results already! Awesome right? And now i keep on applying it for more healthy and longer lashes!

Don't hesitate to try this! Make sure you'll apply it gently to avoid Eye contact.

on 11/26/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ever since I learned about castor oil off MUA a few years ago, I've been totally converted. I use it on my eyelashes and it makes them grow longer. The trick is to be pretty consistent with it at first, then ease off after it starts working, just use it like every other night or every few days, just often enough so it doesn't stop working.
I think maybe the theory behind how it works is that since its antibacterial/antimicrobial, it inhibits microscopic critters on your eyelashes and your lashes can grow to their true potential! haha I think I might have an overactive imagination, but I swear castor oil is a miracle oil.
Not really beauty related, but I also use it on swollen lymph nodes around my neck, I massage the castor oil in small circles and it relieves the swelling and pain. It also works if your eye gets super irritated from allergies or whatever and starts to get swollen and pink, I put just a little bit of castor oil in my eye and it relieves it immediately. I have no idea how it works, but anyways those are the random uses I've found for castor oil throughout the years. I try not to get it around my eyebrows because my eyebrows are thick enough and it makes them grow in faster. And I definitely do NOT use it all over my face because I have very sensitive skin and it makes me break out.

on 10/28/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

on 5/29/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

my eyelashes did grow legnth wise! been using it for almostt a month,

on 9/12/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love castor oil!!! I use it for a variety of things and recommend it for the following:

Eyebrows/Lashes - it will definitely help you keep both in tip top shape! I do notice growth as well with my eyebrows - not so sure about the lashes.

Face- When your skin is in need of some serious moisturizing tlc - this is a good product to use. I use aha products and sometimes I really need to balance out my parched skin and I simply apply a dime sized amount to my face in the evening and wake up to hyrdated, dewey skin.

Bruises - helps to heal bruises more quickly.

Soreness - You can place castor oil on your sore area, cover with plastic and then heat and it significantly reduces pain, inflamation. By the following day your soress will be just about gone.

on 7/24/2012 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i went through a "oil-cleansing method" phase a few months ago, and i've dabbled in a couple of different oils but i've had the best results with argan oil for my face. As for hair, castor oil is incredible. I mix a drop or two in my palm and mix with my shampoo, it seals the cuticle and adds some shine. Ive also read a lot of benefits of castor oil regarding hair growth. Im not sure if this is proven or not, but it seemed to work for my brows. I started growing my brows out completely to reshape them about 4 months ago, and i think putting castor oil on them everynight has definitely contributed to the amount of growth ive gotten. Its so cheap, and so easy to find, i recommend you give it a shot. The consistency of castor oil is super thick so that is why i didnt like really "cleansing" with it. If it didnt help grow my eyebrows, it definitely conditioned them.

Popular Brows Products