Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 10/22/2016 11:43:00 AM

I couldn't believe my eyelashes today when I did my makeup 🤗 It's been about a month since I started using castor oil on my lashes and brows and WOW I am SOOO impressed. Let me begin from actually describing my natural lashes which are pretty average what makes them worse is having protruding eyes so my lashes grow straight due to heavy lids (I should not risk it and leave house without mascara haha) and their mousy color. They are also suckers at cooperating with me so one eye looks good whereas the other could technically be off of another face and that's all due to my eyelashes being unruly. OK today I put mascara on and I would of fainted glad I was sat down haha they have never been so long, I haven't noticed a difference in colour, I need to investigate that in natural light with clear mascara. My lashes improved by at least 70% and I will continue using the oil. My method to apply is with my finger, the oil is quite thick and your finger makes it more liquid as it releases heat. I basically stamp my lashes at the room making sure the whole lashline is coated and then feather the lengths and tips. At the end I press on to them to get rid of excess oil. Since I over plucked my eyebrows years ago they have never been the same. The oil has really given me my brows back. I don't go to a brow bar and do them myself. They are definitely darker and I have noticed hairs growing into the gaps. Very impressed.

I love castor oil for...pretty much everything. I used it to wash my face a few years ago, and I've used it successfully for brow growth and lash growth.

I moved away from using castor oil for whatever reason, but I was dealing with acne for like nine months and decided to break it out again (just straight castor oil) and my acne disappeared like overnight. I still have a little bit of scarring, but it's like night and day and I'm SO thankful. This is a "modified" version of the OCM on the OCM website and I should PROBABLY mix it with another oil, but I'm going to wait a little bit before I start experimenting.

on 9/22/2016 11:53:00 PM

I have always been sceptical of "natural" remedies for hair growth and skin. Being a woman of science I can't help but roll my eyes when people try bullshit me with natural alternatives. Yes they have their place, but lets face it our "natural" look is one of ageing gracefully, hair loss, and less than desirable hair colours. But i digress! This product has shaken my anti-natural stance to the very core!!! IT'S INCREDIBLE! My eyebrows started getting think thin, patching and all around sad about a year ago. I wanted the lush eyebrows of my youth (which i tragically plucked away when I was a teenager).
Then i read about castor oil and wanted to put it to the test, what could i lose right?
I followed a regime outlined on this site-
- I cleanse my face and exfoliate
- I put two drops of essential teatree oil in sterile water (boiled)
- Wait for it to cool and brush my eyebrows for a 1-2 mins
- Dip a cotton tip in the oil and lightly glaze my eyebrows (Very lightly!) You don't want to use too much because its a thick oil
After 1 week i have BUSHMAN eyebrows! I wish i'd taken a before and after picture
I can't wait too see them next week!
Just note- Go for cold-pressed organic castor oil so the refining process is minimal and all the good shit isn't lost!

on 7/30/2016 10:11:00 AM

$1 Castor oil vs $25 Organic Cold Pressed Castor Oil

Can $1, processed castor oil really be better than an organic, cold pressed version? I tested them both and the results were very surprising!

I wanted to try Castor oil because my eyebrows aren't very thick, and my lashes are downright sparse. Rather than do my typical ten hours of hardcore online research about everything from how well it works, to which brand to buy, I just bought the first one I saw. Someone had put it in my head the previous day and there it was sitting at Walgreens for $1.55. So I just took it straight off the shelf, bought it went home and immediately applied it to both my brows and eyelashes.

In less than a month I noticed major improvement. It was one of the most effective things I've used. My lashes were twice as thick. There seemed to be more of them, and the ones that were there seemed thicker.

I was so excited about it, that I immediately went back to do my standard research. I bought a nice bottle of cold pressed castor oil that only came in a huge bottle, so it was $25. But that was easily worth it for this little miracle oil!

But then a funny thing happened. First thing I started using my "superior" castor oil... my results almost stopped. I was disappointed because things had been in full swing just a few days before. I figured I must have tapped out my growth potential.

Three months passed, and when traveling I brought my huge $25 bottle of castor oil with me on a weekend trip. When I came home, I realized that I had accidentally left it behind. I never really saw better results with it, so I just went back to using my $1 Walgreens castor oil.

Much to my surprise, the growth in my eyelashes and eyebrows began to accelerate again! I was shocked! I thought I had tapped out the growth ability, but no. The difference was the oil. The cheap stuff was working better!

I'm a firm believer in exclusively using cold pressed, organic oils. I've tried the cheap processed stuff in the past, and it's never been as good... until now. As weird as it sounds, the cheap castor worked better for me.

Intrigued, I went back and read a lot of the reviews in this very thread about castor oil. What I observed in the reviews, matched my own experience. Almost no one says they tried both kinds(cheap and cold pressed). But every single person saying things like "It tripled my lashes" and "it totally regrew my brows" ALL seem to be using dirt cheap, processed castor oil. While almost every person saying they use cold pressed, report tepid or even zero results.

This is totally the opposite of anything I've ever seen with oil, but I suggest trying the cheap stuff. As weird as it sounds, I think it works better.

I originally bought the heritage store brand castor oil back in September with the intention of using it on my eyebrows for possible re growth. I don't know if it's necessarily helped re growth however I do find it works well as a conditioning treatment, I apply it on a pretty regular basis before bed and I've found that the hairs are less likely to fall out, appear "hydrated" which makes them shiny and fuller in appearance and are also less prone to being unruly. I've also used a very small amount of castor oil in place of eyebrow gel when in a pinch and I mix some in with sweet almond or avocodo oil for facial massages.

Castor oil is THICK. If you're wanting to use it on hair or skin I suggest mixing a small amount with a lighter oil so it's easier to wash out / so your skin doesn't drag when rubbing it in. All in all I'm happy with the product and will be repurchasing although I've hardly put a dent in my current bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the thickest oil I have ever used, and trust me - I've tried many. When I bought this I definitely did not expect that. Castor oil is VERY different from all of the other oils I've bought. That is likely due to it's high ricinoleic content. I don't recall any of the other oils in my collection contain ricinoleic. Ricinoleic is a fatty acid if any of you are unfamiliar. All of the fatty acids are hydrating.

Skincare is very your-mileage-may-vary. I haven't tried this as a regular nighttime moisturizer because the thick consistency scares my acne-prone skin. To be clear, I am NOT saying that castor oil breaks me out. More so I just want to be honest & admit I haven't applied it to my entire face. Update: *Unintentionally* used this as a facial moisturizer after a glob of it trickled down my face before i could blend it into my eye area. I woke up the next morning with pimples in that area so it's safe to say this does break me out as I feared. :( But if used only on my eye area, it's still awesome for me.

But thus far...here are the benefits I've noticed using castor oil:

-GREAT eye cream because it is so thick and emollient.

-Suitable replacement for silicone hair serums. I've always preferred silicones (vs oils) but this stuff really acts like a heavy duty silicone product. A little goes a lllooonnnggg way (it literally takes half a pea sized amount). The ends of my hair are super hydrated, shiny, and soft. Overtime I expect this to reduce split ends. There are a few sections of my hair that are fragile and dried out. Castor oil seems to be great at protecting them. Something I've noticed about castor oil is it seems to absorb fully into my hair. After about 10 minutes there is no residue coating. Traditionally coconut oil is the #1 oil to penetrate the hair shaft but I found castor to be MUCH more effective.

-Wonderful pre-shampoo treatment. Applying a dollop of this and then distributing it throughout my hair before showering has given me great results.

-Offers relief to chronic dry lips. This doesn't feel greasy on my lips and it stays put a lot more than other oils. Even so, I still follow up with chapstick to seal it in.

-Editing to add: One weird thing I love about this oil is how it makes my mascara look now. My lashes are much more conditioned despite me cleansing this off in the morning before make up. It helps my lashes look more lush and separated. But word of caution - this could potentially remove mascara the way oil cleansers remove make up. I use tubing mascara only so oil is not a threat. :)

As for hair growth... when I apply this to my eye area I always make sure to coat my brows and lashes. I can't say I've seen an improvement...yet. But I'm hopeful since that's the most common purpose that others buy castor oil for.

I will have to update.

on 2/9/2016 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this for eyebrows, but for some reason it always stings my eyes when I use this under my eyes and for my eyelashes. It never absorbs and leaves me with blurry vision and tears forever when I wake up. Will keep using for eyebrows though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

You get your bang for your buck! Not only is this a great eyelash and eyebrow growth serum, but it works as an amazing oil cleansing method and makeup remover. I use this every day (1:1 ratio with coconut oil) as a makeup remover, and it brings everything out of the pores and dissolves all the makeup to wipe off very easily. I also used this for my Oil Cleansing Method, when my skin was going through some turmoil from trying out new products. I mixed it 1:1 with coconut oil, massaged it into my skin (removed makeup first) for about 2 minutes, then I got a damp hot cloth and placed it on my face (left the cloth on until it cooled down), then I wiped the cloth over my face to get the remaining oil off. I WAS AMAZED! Some very stubborn, painful acne had fiiiinally come to a head and were ready for extraction. i went in to pop one and two came out at once that were not even visible before! Definitely purged my skin fast and effectively; no waiting a few weeks for the purge to go down. My pores felt so clean without the dried out feeling, and my skin felt properly hydrated which is necessary for any skin type. If you're scared of putting oil on your skin because you have oily skin like myself, don't be! This is the one oil to try that is actually somewhat drying (if not mixed with another oil). Definitely worth the money for the awesome eyebrow and eyelash growth as well!!

on 7/28/2015 1:18:00 PM

This is such a great product. I mix this in with my conditioner and then leave it on my hair for a few minutes when I'm in the shower. It makes such a difference in the softness in my hair. I noticed it really conditions my hair and leaves it softer and more manageable. It's a very thick consistency, so a little goes a long way. The smell is neutral, which I like. Definitely a gem of a product. Highly recommend!

Popular Brows Products