Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 2/11/2017 7:37:00 PM

Castor oil has been AMAZING for me. I started using it for acne, and it's great for so much more than that. About 5 months ago I suddenly started getting cystic acne, which I haven't had a lot of, despite my acne-prone skin. I got like three or four big ones in a month, and not only were they impossible to cover with makeup, but they hurt SO bad. So, after a bit of research, I came upon castor oil. I started using it, very lightly (it's very thick) on my face a few times a week, and I was very happy with the results. Not only did my cystic acne start shrinking, but the rest of my face was practically glowing! I continued to use it even after my acne went away, and I'm so happy I did, because my skin is sooo smooth and soft now. I can't recommend it enough! But, be sure to not use too much! Like I said, it's thick. I only use a small amount, and rub it in circles all over my face. Also, you can find it really cheap! I got a bottle of it for only 6 dollars, and 5 months later I have used less than half of it. It also doesn't have too much of a smell, kinda just smells faintly of oil. It also might take around 10 mins to fully absord, so don't be shocked if your face looks kinda oily for that amount of time. But after that, it's all gone! Give it a try!

on 12/11/2016 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have never used castor oil on my lashes or brows.

I do use it regularly in my hair as a leave in conditioner and curl definer. I have long, color treated, naturally curly hair that is prone to frizz, breakage, and damage. I pour a dime to nickel sized drop in my palm, rub my hands together and squeeze the oil into the lower third of my hair -- especially the ends. It is sort of the old scrunch technique. I do this to wet hair after washing.

Nothing controls frizz, softens brittleness, or defines curls better. Castor oil has an interesting lipstick-base smell. Not everyone will like it, but it does remind me of lipsticks from my childhood.

Leftover oil gets rubbed into nails and cuticles.

on 12/11/2016 7:05:00 AM

If I could give this a zero, I totally would, it`s been a nightmare oil that`s caused nothing but problems for me. I`ve tried using it to regrow my eyebrow hair, been patient and applied a tiny amount nightly to my brows for well over 1 month, and nothing happened. The only hairs that appeared were really low, close to my eyelid, which is where they usually regrow anyway and I usually have to tweeze because otherwise my eyeshadow doesn`t apply properly. Not only did it not grow any new hair, it actually irritated the heck out of my eyelids, which became raw red, puffy and creepy like never before. Whoever tells you this stuff is good for you or will regrow hair is getting paid or is off their rocker. So irresponsible of you, to go around hyping products that are bad for people.

UPDATE: According to my dermatologist castor oil is comedogenic and will cause premature aging of the skin.

on 7/2/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just want to start off by saying nothing works overnight. GIVE IT TIME!!!! Everyone knows about the benefits of this wonderful oil for eyebrow/eyelash growth. However, i wanted to rave about how it has significantly improved my under eye circles! Im only 22 but ever since i was in highschool my under eye circles have been out of control; and i find it ages me terribly... Nevertheless this has been the only product that has actually worked on reducing them! I could never truly conceal them with makeup and now I don't necessarly have to. I am extremely happy with the results. Lastly, i know many are unhappy with the price.. But I have been using the same bottle and im going on year two. I suggest everyone give castor oil a chance!

on 1/29/2016 10:04:00 AM

I have extremely sensitive skin and will get flesh-coloured bumps all over my face from bathing in certain town water, that has a lot of additives and chlorine. Castor oil keeps the skin under the eyes from getting darker, and helps keep wrinkles at bay and maintained. I use the Home Health brand and it's great. It's a very thick oil, but it still works well for hydrating skin under the eyes. I also add it to my body lotion. If I use it on my face other than under my eyes, I have a tendency to break out, so I just don't use it on my face, but that doesn't take away from how well it works as an under-eye moisturizer and anti-aging tool.

on 1/21/2016 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use this on my eyelashes because they are already incredibly long, they reach my eyebrows when I look down. But I do use it on my eyebrows and on my hair and feet.

I used to have thick eyebrows but one day I went to get them shaped and the lady who normally does my brows wasn't there and this other lady completely waxed off my brows from the arch onward, and the hair never grew back again. I found out about castor oil 6 months back and after using it continuously on my brows, night and day my arch has finally begun to come back, it hasn't grown fully (length) but it is now way thicker than it was before it got waxed off.

As for my hair, after I turned 15 my hair started falling out quite a lot, it got me scared as I thought I was balding, so I started using shampoos and conditioners designed to help stop hair fall, it did improve slightly. I also would never go for haircuts cause just trying to grow my hair an inch would take months. But when I discovered castor oil, I thought if it helps hair growth it will definitely help reduce my hair loss. I have been using castor oil mixed with virgin coconut oil as castor alone is incredibly thick and is a nightmare to wash out. I use it once or twice a week and I have noticed that my hair loss has reduced dramatically and my hair has grown 3 inches longer in just a month, which was a huge shocker to me.

Not only is it great for hair growth but I use it on my feet as it is a thick oil it penetrates the dry skin there amazingly, really, you can use it on anywhere that you might have very dry skin, say the back of your elbows etc, but don't use it on your face as it might make you grow more facial hair.

I had been trying to grow out my naturally thick, but over plucked brows since July. The growth was very patchy and certain hairs would not grow. I had read that castor oil could help, but didn't get around to buying any until 2 weeks ago when I got frustrated with the patchiness, and waiting for the hairs to grow back. I was amazed to find several hairs had sprouted the morning after the first application, and have continued to do so daily, unlike the months before, when new hairs would appear only after a few weeks. Therefore I am certain this is not a coincidence. I just wish I'd starter using this at the start of my brow growing journey - they would have been on point by now!! I'd recommend this to anyone trying to grow brows, although I have read that it will only encourage growth where hair previously grew naturally, there is nothing to loose. I also makes the hairs look glossy and thick.

on 8/13/2015 3:36:00 AM

Haven't used it as OCM or in my conditioner yet, but I have used it on my lashes and eyebrows. It's not a *miracle* product but I use it once or twice a week and I feel that it keeps them in better condition and they fall out less frequently which is half the battle to having good lashes. Mine are straight, but long and quite dense and dark, and occasionally I get dust more allergy which has me rubbing the life out of my eyes and losing loads of hairs in the process.

The way I do it is: take a Q-tip, turn my bottle of castor oil upside down and then use whatever is in the lid, apply to the top of my upper lashes, then the waterline bit, then the bottom lid. Smear the excess into my eyebrows. Always before bed, and after I've done everything as I wear glasses.

This definitely helps, they do seen longer and thicker but I'm sure it's simply because they are healthier. Always TEST patch, anything that's going so close to your eyes is something to be sceptical about. Err on the side of caution and be cynical. Will be using this mixed with coconut oil (maybe?) in the lower portion of my hair as I'm currently growing out an undercut, interested to see if it works.

Obsessed. For years I hunted for this stuff after seeing Pinterest rave about it, could not find it anywhere in stores or health food places, and gave up search. Silly me, it's easy to find via internet my gosh. I found a 4 oz. bottle (which will last me a long time!) online (eBay) for $4.69 +free shipping, from "Health & Beauty", Organic USP Grade Cold-Pressed Castor Oil. Not gonna lie, I have seen some seriously noticeable results. I originally wanted this product for my brows + lashes, which grew insanely fast + beautiful. Now I use it all over my dry/combo acne-prone face + body before I go to bed (I'm especially dry in the heat of California summer). I apply it at nightime by pouring a teaspoon in my hand + gently patting directly onto my eyelashes + eyebrows, then the rest under my eye + lids. I even noticed my under-eye dark circles dissipate. I am a huge fan of coconut oil for my skin but lately I prefer the thickness of castor oil for particularly dry areas. The smell does not bother me, nor does the thicker texture. Totally worth it + next time I'm buying a way bigger bottle from the same people to fill little bottles to share with my friends + family.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a review for Now Foods Castor Oil.

I decided to try this oil after reading a lot of reviews from all over the web.

I wanted to try this for my hair cos my hair is in a bad state from the multiple chemical abuse I've put thru it. My hair is very dry and I think it has stopped growing. It's currently around my upper waist and I've been on biotin for the last 2 yrs and a yr of l-cystein and I suppose it has plateau off. I also trim my hair every 6mths.

The consistency is thick and sticky. I've used it for abt a week. I use 2 drops on my thick toweled dried hair ( I don't think it's thick, but my hairdresser said I have thick hair) after i shampooed and conditioned. When I go to bed, it's still slightly wet but when i comb out in the morning, it's all absorbed and my hair looks healthy and has a healthy shine to it.

I've tried it as a hair mask twice, by oiling the scalp with only castor oil and left it on for 4-6hrs. I noticed I shed a lot more after shampooing it off when I oil my scalp.

The next day when I shampoo my hair, I noticed I didn't shed as much. Maybe 10 strands? When I brush my hair after the wash and also the next day, i find significantly less hair shed on the brush.

The second time I mixed it with sunflower oil 1:1. I noticed a lot of shedding too and next day I didn't find any reduction of hair fall from the other days.

I also use this as a nighttime oil on my face.

I'm 36 but I look like I'm probably 25-28yrs old. I have a good skincare routine and I've tried many kinds of oils on my face (clarins' orchidee oil and lotus oil, Sisley's black rise oil, Argan oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, etc). All of them broke me out but castor oil did not. I used 3drops on my face at night on top on the existing creams I use and leave it to be absorbed. When I wake up in the morning my face is well moisturized and nourished. The fine lines under my eyes and the dehydration lines that are starting to show are also more plumped up.

I've not seen any increased in density or length in my lashes or eyebrows yet since it's just been a week but the castor oil didn't give me any problems when I use them around my eyes.

Popular Brows Products