Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to delete my original review and replace it with a new one.
I've bought a castor oil from Amazon, they sell it in a fancy packaging with a dropper and tiny brushes and spooleys for the application.
After three weeks of use, I was blown out by the Castor Oil performance, but now I've been using it for more than two months daily and my impression had changed.
At first, I thought 'Why didn't I've tried you sooner?!' It seemed to me that the condition of my eyebrows has seriously changed while in reality, it didn't, except the fact that same brow hair that I originally had started to grow faster and longer. There is zero new hair growth, just a conditioning effect.
The sparse areas that I thought got some new fair just got covered by the longer and a bit thicker hair nearby.
I've also tried it on my lashes (on the roots) and they've got more conditioned, as well.

Overal it isn't a miracle product by any means and the smell is horrific.

on 3/10/2018 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Beware! Castor oil does not fight wrinkles, it creates them! After reading the stellar reviews and endless videos promoting castor oil for eyelash growth and anti-aging I bought two bottles and got to work. I used it for 2 weeks and let me tell you the growth was real, my lashes got super long and strong. However in the span of those two measly weeks my undereyes got deep new wrinkles where there was none before, especially in the crow’s feet area. It is crazy to me this is used as an undereye cream to prevent wrinkles. Castor oil causes premature aging. I still use it for hair growth on my scalp but I’ll never put it anywhere near my eyes again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of castor oil. However I never use it on its own - way too drying!

I always use it as a part of some self made concotion - I will spread it on my wet hair as a weekly mask mixed with a couple of pumps of OUAI's Rose Hair and Body Oil (which is basically sunflower and shea butter oils, smells faintly with fresh roses and contains no silicones), I'll use it to seal aloe vera gel patted on my feet (also mixed with the rose oil from Ouai) and hands. It is a great all rounder but as I say - only as a part of the mix with other oils (let's say as a third of that mix, a small spoonful max).

I'm growing my hair out at the moment and I am interested in anything that will make the process less painful. I'm growing out a pixie cut and my hair grows painfully slow, it is thin and prone to falling out I was of course not expecting miracles. But after a couple of uses of the oil I've noticed a significant, positive change. My hair maybe did not grow massively (I do my 'hair oil soak' once a week) but it appears volumised, a bit less frizzy and it has SHINE! I need to make sure I wash off the oil mix completely, otherwise my hair looks heavy and lank - sometimes I need to apply a thick layer of conditioner over the oiled hair and only then use the shampoo (twice!) but the faff of keeping it on my head under a shower cap and towel turban for a couple of hours is worth it in my opinion.

I bought a big bottle of this oil from Pukka, it is organic, has a very faint smell and as I do not use a lot of it, it will last ages, which also makes it very cost effective.

on 2/11/2017 7:37:00 PM

Castor oil has been AMAZING for me. I started using it for acne, and it's great for so much more than that. About 5 months ago I suddenly started getting cystic acne, which I haven't had a lot of, despite my acne-prone skin. I got like three or four big ones in a month, and not only were they impossible to cover with makeup, but they hurt SO bad. So, after a bit of research, I came upon castor oil. I started using it, very lightly (it's very thick) on my face a few times a week, and I was very happy with the results. Not only did my cystic acne start shrinking, but the rest of my face was practically glowing! I continued to use it even after my acne went away, and I'm so happy I did, because my skin is sooo smooth and soft now. I can't recommend it enough! But, be sure to not use too much! Like I said, it's thick. I only use a small amount, and rub it in circles all over my face. Also, you can find it really cheap! I got a bottle of it for only 6 dollars, and 5 months later I have used less than half of it. It also doesn't have too much of a smell, kinda just smells faintly of oil. It also might take around 10 mins to fully absord, so don't be shocked if your face looks kinda oily for that amount of time. But after that, it's all gone! Give it a try!

on 12/11/2016 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have never used castor oil on my lashes or brows.

I do use it regularly in my hair as a leave in conditioner and curl definer. I have long, color treated, naturally curly hair that is prone to frizz, breakage, and damage. I pour a dime to nickel sized drop in my palm, rub my hands together and squeeze the oil into the lower third of my hair -- especially the ends. It is sort of the old scrunch technique. I do this to wet hair after washing.

Nothing controls frizz, softens brittleness, or defines curls better. Castor oil has an interesting lipstick-base smell. Not everyone will like it, but it does remind me of lipsticks from my childhood.

Leftover oil gets rubbed into nails and cuticles.

on 12/11/2016 7:05:00 AM

If I could give this a zero, I totally would, it`s been a nightmare oil that`s caused nothing but problems for me. I`ve tried using it to regrow my eyebrow hair, been patient and applied a tiny amount nightly to my brows for well over 1 month, and nothing happened. The only hairs that appeared were really low, close to my eyelid, which is where they usually regrow anyway and I usually have to tweeze because otherwise my eyeshadow doesn`t apply properly. Not only did it not grow any new hair, it actually irritated the heck out of my eyelids, which became raw red, puffy and creepy like never before. Whoever tells you this stuff is good for you or will regrow hair is getting paid or is off their rocker. So irresponsible of you, to go around hyping products that are bad for people.

UPDATE: According to my dermatologist castor oil is comedogenic and will cause premature aging of the skin.

on 7/2/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just want to start off by saying nothing works overnight. GIVE IT TIME!!!! Everyone knows about the benefits of this wonderful oil for eyebrow/eyelash growth. However, i wanted to rave about how it has significantly improved my under eye circles! Im only 22 but ever since i was in highschool my under eye circles have been out of control; and i find it ages me terribly... Nevertheless this has been the only product that has actually worked on reducing them! I could never truly conceal them with makeup and now I don't necessarly have to. I am extremely happy with the results. Lastly, i know many are unhappy with the price.. But I have been using the same bottle and im going on year two. I suggest everyone give castor oil a chance!

on 1/29/2016 10:04:00 AM

I have extremely sensitive skin and will get flesh-coloured bumps all over my face from bathing in certain town water, that has a lot of additives and chlorine. Castor oil keeps the skin under the eyes from getting darker, and helps keep wrinkles at bay and maintained. I use the Home Health brand and it's great. It's a very thick oil, but it still works well for hydrating skin under the eyes. I also add it to my body lotion. If I use it on my face other than under my eyes, I have a tendency to break out, so I just don't use it on my face, but that doesn't take away from how well it works as an under-eye moisturizer and anti-aging tool.

on 1/21/2016 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use this on my eyelashes because they are already incredibly long, they reach my eyebrows when I look down. But I do use it on my eyebrows and on my hair and feet.

I used to have thick eyebrows but one day I went to get them shaped and the lady who normally does my brows wasn't there and this other lady completely waxed off my brows from the arch onward, and the hair never grew back again. I found out about castor oil 6 months back and after using it continuously on my brows, night and day my arch has finally begun to come back, it hasn't grown fully (length) but it is now way thicker than it was before it got waxed off.

As for my hair, after I turned 15 my hair started falling out quite a lot, it got me scared as I thought I was balding, so I started using shampoos and conditioners designed to help stop hair fall, it did improve slightly. I also would never go for haircuts cause just trying to grow my hair an inch would take months. But when I discovered castor oil, I thought if it helps hair growth it will definitely help reduce my hair loss. I have been using castor oil mixed with virgin coconut oil as castor alone is incredibly thick and is a nightmare to wash out. I use it once or twice a week and I have noticed that my hair loss has reduced dramatically and my hair has grown 3 inches longer in just a month, which was a huge shocker to me.

Not only is it great for hair growth but I use it on my feet as it is a thick oil it penetrates the dry skin there amazingly, really, you can use it on anywhere that you might have very dry skin, say the back of your elbows etc, but don't use it on your face as it might make you grow more facial hair.

I had been trying to grow out my naturally thick, but over plucked brows since July. The growth was very patchy and certain hairs would not grow. I had read that castor oil could help, but didn't get around to buying any until 2 weeks ago when I got frustrated with the patchiness, and waiting for the hairs to grow back. I was amazed to find several hairs had sprouted the morning after the first application, and have continued to do so daily, unlike the months before, when new hairs would appear only after a few weeks. Therefore I am certain this is not a coincidence. I just wish I'd starter using this at the start of my brow growing journey - they would have been on point by now!! I'd recommend this to anyone trying to grow brows, although I have read that it will only encourage growth where hair previously grew naturally, there is nothing to loose. I also makes the hairs look glossy and thick.

Popular Brows Products