Filtered by eye Color : Black

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used cold pressed castor oil ($11 AUD) for 100 mls. Quite expensive. Using it as hair mask, OCM, brows, and lashes. I like to mix this with almond oil and/or coconut oil to help it spread better. For OCM, if I massaged it long enough, I felt tiny grains coming out (I think they're sebum plugs that clog my pores?), so I think that's very cleansing. I only do it 2x a week. For hair, brows, and lashes, I haven't noticed a difference yet in hair growth or any reduction in hair falls (my brows and lashes don't experience hair fall/breakage though) - this is day 4. I found castor oil is quite drying as well. I remembered I put only castor oil the night before on my lashes, then the next morning my eyeliner tugged on my eyelids (usually the eyeliner is smooth and creamy, this is an automatic pencil type of liner). So now I always mix it.

UPDATE 2/12/15: I used this on my brows and eyelashes. Yeah I saw some growth in the brows area, but it clogged my skin! Literally pimples on my brow. Not happy. I'll keep using it for my lashes. No improvement on the hair fall when used as a hair treatment.

OKAY! I think this broke me out so bad! I think it's because of the "ricin" which is a toxic substance in castor oil that can cause severe allergic reaction. I bought cold pressed version and this ricin substance only get inactivated through heat…

on 10/12/2015 9:41:00 AM

I had long lashes but they were really thin..even shed a lot..I somehow knew that castor oil is good for lash and brow but never tried it before...why didn't I!!!..it makes my lashes so thick after just 2 weeks of use that people asks me which brand of water color mascara I use..cause it looks so natural!
but the sad fact is, it didn't help me with my hairline :-(.. I hate it on my scalp..feels so heavy..and I don't notice any visible change like my lashes..
still I am giving it full marks cause castor oil saved my lashes...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I do not like this oil it seems to be making acne on my face which is a nono!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have lost my front hair an year back and the rest ones are also very thin and getting thinner day by day. Does castor oil help to regrow my hair back? And how to apply it for regrowth?
Thanks.

on 5/5/2015 10:20:00 AM

I have been applying it on the root of my eye lashes and eye brows before I go to bed about 4 times a week for 3 to 4 weeks now, I can see that my lashes has grown longer, but not fuller. I didn't see any difference on my eye brows though. Will keep on using and see how long my lashes can grow :)

on 3/9/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this initially to try to grow my thin Asian lashes a bit but realized that the massive bottle meant I could experiment with it as a moisturizer, too.

I've been using it for about 2-3 months now.. my lashes are, unfortunately, no longer than when I started out (or if they are longer, it is definitely not noticeable). I've been using this on my lashes, my brows, and my face. I'm pretty sure I'm breaking out from this.. I've been getting more acne than usual, which is highly noticeable because I very, very rarely get acne.

I also tried it on a chest for a week or so and actually got a few cystic zits there.. I've had trouble with body acne before but never cystic on my chest.

The texture is quite sticky and the smell isn't incredibly strong but it isn't that pleasant, either. It does dissipate quickly though.

All in all it really didn't do anything for me other than perhaps give me some acne, haha. It's modestly moisturizing, but I do have very dry skin esp in the winter so that might just be me. I'll continue to use it probably for quite a while since even with religious use I have 90% of the bottle left after 2-3 mths, but I'll be more careful about where I use it to try to avoid encouraging acne. Will update if I see a difference with lashes.

Castor oil is 90% ricinoleic acid, which has skin smoothing and moisturizing properties.

I'm not a huge fan of castor oil for the eyebrows. I think it's better for cleansing, though that too has its detriments: https://www.futurederm.com/2011/07/29/does-the-oil-cleansing-method-work-the-friendly-friday-qa-post/

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, let me say that I am not one of those people who claims that castor oil works wonders after over plucking their eyebrows, because, after all, how do you know whether it's the castor oil or your own body doing the magic of regrowing?

I have always had the same eyebrow shape, but I have always had one or two small patches that do not have any hair. After using castor oil every night for around 2-3 weeks, guess what? They are now covered with hair! The oil does not make your hairs any darker, but thicker. One downside is that the oil can cause acne, since I have oily and acne prone skin. Other than that, the oil works great!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Let me first grab your attention by saying that CASTOR OIL REALLY DOES WORK. My eyebrows look like chewbacca's hairy legs at the moment.

Now i've seen some negative reviews on here saying that it doesn't work, but I will prove you wrong with the pictures I am about to upload to my profile!
These are some factors I have come up with to determine probably why the castor oil isn't working for hair growth on you:
-you aren't using cold pressed castor oil. This is an extremely important factor, because the more refined your castor oil is, the less nutrients it will contain. Cold pressed castor oil is basically the process of removing the oil from the seed, without using heat (heat kills all the vital nutrients). I purchase a huge bottle of that organic stuff from whole foods for a whopping 8 bucks! My bottle is still full after having it for 2 years.

-You aren't exfoliating/massaging the area you want to target for hair growth. This is a must, because exfoliating and massaging the areas daily make sure your follicles are well stimulated with blood flow, which in return leads to hair growth.

-You aren't applying the product religiously. If you want to get the Max benefits from castor oil, you must apply it every night before you go to bed, don't be lazy!!

This is my routine:
If I was wearing makeup beforehand I will use coconut oil to remove the makeup from my eyes and eyebrows. It's important to remove every bit of makeup, you don't want to block your hair follicles.

After removing every inch of makeup, I will wash my face will a gentle scent less cleanser. Then I exfoliate my face with a scrub focusing on my eyebrow area. Wash then pay dry.
Then I soak a cotton pad in diluted tea tree oil and rub this all over my eyebrows. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND I ALSO CONTRIBUTE THIS TO MY EYEBROW GROWTH. Tea tree oil is know to stimulate hair growth. After this, I brush out my eyebrow hairs for a minute, using light circulating motions, this stimulates the hairs even more. Lastly, I use a q-tip and generously apply castor oil to my eyebrow area. Make sure every hair is saturated. Also,if you use face creams like I do, avoid getting them around your eyebrows, this can block your hair follicles and promote hair loss.

I have been doing this religiously for 2 months and my eyebrows have grown in like crazy! I will post a before and after picture on my profile if you wanna check them out, (excuse the pimple around my eyebrows, this is the only downside of the castor oil, but I am no longer breaking out, I think my skin just had to get used to the oil.)
Hope I helped!

on 4/6/2014 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Thank you to put information about this wonderful oil, castor oil already has many benefits for the hair, particularly hair growth i read an article in this link
About castor oil for hair growth and decided to buy it :)

Popular Brows Products