Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Do not use this anywhere you don't want hair! you will grow facial hair. if you use this to attempt removing makeup or as a face wash be prepared for random hair. I speak from experience. I read somewhere that Castor oil helps with acne and you know how we are when we hear something works for acne, we try it! Well, at first I was like "wow I love Castor oil, removes makeup so well and doesn't break me out". wrong! instead I grew random spots of hair that I didn't have before. Under the chin, on my cheeks. yes you can say that many other factors can contribute to this happening however I firmly believe it was the castor oil. it's great for lashes, eyebrows the hair on your head! anyway luckily I had electrolysis done and got it permanently removed. I tend to stay from products that have castor oil in them too.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Castor oil has been absolutely amazing on my hair! It is now thicker, and the grey hair falls out. I use a mask of it on weekends, sleeping with a plastic shower cap. I also use it on my eyebrows and eyelashes, getting similar results.
I’m looking for an inexpensive shampoo that will get the oil out of my hair. Does anyone have recommendations?

on 3/3/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My daughter actually believed the hype and bought this for MY eyebrows. Ridiculous, putting thick oil on your eyebrows will not make them grow again. I wonder you made up that myth

on 12/9/2017 12:49:00 PM

It's amazing to see the results so quickly. What I did was to mix two capsules of Vitamin E, a teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel extracted directly from the plant, and two teaspoons of Castor Oil. I applied the mixture with a clean eyeliner brush on my top and bottom lashes, as well as my eyebrows every night before bed. In three weeks my eyelashes were noticeably longer and it helped the growth the parts of my eyebrows that never used to grow. The only downside of the treatment is; it makes my eyes hurt a little when I wake up in the morning but the pain quickly goes away when I wash my eyes. I'll definitely continue using it.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 5/10/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have been using for two weeks. Applied with clean spoolie. Haven't noticed much change to my sparse Asian brows or lashes, but my combination skin, tending towards dry, and prone to hives and milia has not gone crazy either. (I have been very careful in application though and do not apply to lower lashes). Will continue for another two weeks unless I lose patience. Even if there is no noticeable growth, it's probably good to condition or moisturize my lashes and brows.

UPDATE: I applied CO to curled lashes and my lashes stayed curled for over 12 hours, a definite record. Which makes CO a good option for weekend bare face days. . .

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

Popular Brows Products