Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 5/10/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have been using for two weeks. Applied with clean spoolie. Haven't noticed much change to my sparse Asian brows or lashes, but my combination skin, tending towards dry, and prone to hives and milia has not gone crazy either. (I have been very careful in application though and do not apply to lower lashes). Will continue for another two weeks unless I lose patience. Even if there is no noticeable growth, it's probably good to condition or moisturize my lashes and brows.

UPDATE: I applied CO to curled lashes and my lashes stayed curled for over 12 hours, a definite record. Which makes CO a good option for weekend bare face days. . .

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bottom line: this helps with hair growth, but breaks me out badly.

I have extremely sensitive skin, so I have to be extremely careful with any new product. This does not irritate my skin, but does clog my pores if that makes sense. It took a few days to notice this was causing issues because of it.

I used this after cleansing and before my serums/moisturizers only at night. I used this only on my brows and lashes in hopes it would encourage hair growth.

It is extremely thick which nicely coats the brows/lashes. After nearly two weeks of use, it has definitely encouraged growth. There are a few sections of my brows that refused to grow in thanks to regular threading and plucking, those spots have started to fill in. It does not take long for it to help brows and lashes grow thicker and longer.

As I said above, it is extremely thick and after a few days I noticed pimples in my brows and little white bumps along my lash line. Unfortunately, this oil clogs my pores and so I will not continue using.

IF you aren't as sensitive and acne-prone, try this out. It definitely produces results.

on 12/16/2016 4:01:00 PM

I have been using Humco cold pressed castor oil every night for several months on my brows and under eyes to combat dark circles. My brows are thicker than ever, a few spots that needed filling have grown in, and my dark circles are noticeably decreased. I had a reaction when I used it on my lashes as it clogged my lash line too much, and got a huge painful sty, so can no longer use it on my lashes, but am very happy with the results I achieved by using it on my brows and under eye area.

Coconut oil is raged about too much. coconut oil is NOT non comedogenic and will clog every pore in your body. I have no idea what the beauty hype is about with coconut oil. Castor oil is the best! My review is different, I use castor oil as a primer and my foundation stays on forever. I tried every primer on the market to get my foundation to stay put, researched every page on the internet and my makeup would never stay. Changed my skin care (I'm combo, went from skincare to treat oily skin to skincare for hydration) and it was still the same outcome of makeup disappearing. forget how I stumbled across castor oil but tried it and will never ever use a different primer again! I initially started using with the growth of my eyelashes after I removed my extensions and have stopped applying to my lashes now they have grown back. I now use castor oil on my face under foundation (I use Estée Lauder double wear) and I slather, and I mean SLATHER it on under my eyes, top of my eye socket and on the side of my eye to prevent wrinkles forming (I'm 22). This is only for when I'm going to bed. ALSO ITS THE BEST UNDER CONCEALER I have some under eye fine lines BUT NO CREASES WHEN I USE CASTOR OIL! I LOVE U CASTOR OIL!!!

on 10/31/2016 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was faithfully getting individual lashes done at shops for years! 😒 I basically pulled out what lashes I did have due to the kinds of glue these shops used for lashes. My eyelashes have never been long or particularly thick but after having been using castor oil for about 2 months and a half. They are definitely thicker and darker! I've also used on my brows bc why not! Lol they're darker and filled in little areas where they had little hairs missing. I can't wait to see what another couple of months will do! You have to be patient, no results over night. I definitely saw less lashes falling out and they're definitely stronger. I've uploaded my progress so far!

PS: I bought my castor oil from a local beauty store, the tropic isle living brand black castor oil. Used a clean mascara brush to brush oil on lashes/eyebrows nightly.

Popular Brows Products