Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 1/2/2018 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using castor oil for around a month now and I've been happy with the results! I've noticed it has helped with the growth of my eyebrows. My right eyebrow is not as sparse as it used to be. I also have to trim my eyebrow hairs more often. I've always had decently long eyelashes, but they are a bit longer since using castor oil. My lashes also feel stronger and less brittle. I had a gap in my lashes and noticed that it grew out faster with the use of castor oil.

I have not noticed any breakouts due to the castor oil. I would recommend using this before commiting to latisse or revitalash.

Update: I’ve been using castor oil for around 4 months now. I had knee surgery and needed 6 weeks recovery. During those 6 weeks, I didn’t touch tweezers. I Iet them grow out. My eyebrows are now at their natural state. I think the castor oil did help keep them healthy and facilitate growth. My eyelashes are now MUCH thicker. Castor oil has helped more with thickness than length. I used to apply it once or even twice a day. Now I do my best to apply it nightly, but I often forget. I probably apply it 4-5x a week at night. I think how you remove your makeup is also important. I suggest an oil based remover to lessen tugging at eyelashes. This will help you keep more of them! I still recommend trying castor oil before commiting to a $60+ bottle of eyelash serum.

on 10/27/2017 7:36:00 AM

I would never have believed this if I hadn't tried it, after accidentally bumping into the reviews here. Like, Health Canada could be publishing PSAs on this, and I'd still be going "Nah, I'm sure it wouldn't do that. Not for me, anyway. Probably straight up placebo...people want to believe it will work, so they convince themselves that it does..."

TWO WEEKS IN I HAVE THICKER BROWS, HOLY BALLS

Wowza. They have always been narrow and sparse, and they were starting to get patchy as I got older -- not an overplucking issue; I've always just had to remove the odd "I'm going to start my own thing over here!" brow and that's it. And the "balding" patches are filling in like crazy. In _two weeks_.

I bought it ("Sunny Isle Jamaican Black") because it was on sale and I had long meant to grab some for other uses -- homemade lip balms etc -- but the reviews here convinced me to give it a whirl elsewhere. Thank you, MUAers!!

It's perfect in one of those tubes with a brush usually used for lip gloss or cuticle oil (empty ones are cheap on eBay).

Unfortunately effects on eyelashes = zero -- will update if that changes. But I'm pretty much ready to start bathing in this stuff, given all the rave reviews for all sorts of uses. I do a lot of skin care DIY stuff and have a lot of different oils and have never ever had a OMG, BEST EVER! moment with one like this. It's all the more amazing that it was a reasonable price and did not make any absurd claims on the bottle (a huge part of what pushed me off to DIY stuff...).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for a week so I feel like I may be writing this a bit prematurely, BUT. Wow. I can see such a difference already! I use it for brows and lashes. I was another victim of the thin eyebrow trend and have pretty pathetic patchy brows. I slather this on at night and massage it in. The sparse areas are filling in already! Im kind of dumbfounded as to how quickly this seems to be working for me. My eyelashes have been tortured with extensions on and off for the past 5 years. Sometimes I like to have a break and wear mascara. My lashes are blonde, thin and short. But holy crap. they seem mm's longer already. It's almost as if my brows and lashes have been screaming out for nutrition and have sucked it up like a dehydrated plant. I will do an update in a month or so and maybe upload pics! Side note: I also use this as a lup balm at night, its sooo moisturising. And under my eyes to try and nourish the dark circles. Such an awesome product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Castor oil: one of the best oils for wrinkles and neck wrinkles!! (My aunt swears by this and she has ZERO wrinkles on her face and neck) and she has had ZERO plastic surgery or botox. (Shes also a vegan which is known to seriously slow down aging). I use this all over my face , eyes, and neck every night. Its very thick but so far being in my mid 30s, some my 20 year old friends look older than me lol. Im going to forever use this stuff every night.

on 10/27/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is causing my brows to re-grow!
I am also applying this to cystic acne. It heals it immediately and halts the spread. I blend it with minerals when I need coverage.

on 7/30/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are thin and brittle and I had been using coconut oil and olive oil to moisturize them after I removed my polish, along with a wide array of store bought creams and strengthening treatments.

On a whim, I tried castor oil and OMG.
This is my holy grail nail treatment. It really works!! Nothing else worked as well for me.

After using it for a few months, I'm experiencing much less peeling and breakage. My nails are much thicker and stronger. I'm able grow my nails long and keep them strong even if I use polish removers with acetone.

After removing polish, I wash my hands and dry them, then spread the very thick, gooey oil over my nails and let my nails absorb it over time (it usually takes about 20 minutes to a half hour). Sometimes I repeat the repeat the process. When I am ready to polish my nails, I wash my hands and clean my nail beds with alcohol to make sure there is no residual surface oil.

Castor Oil works for hair, so it makes sense that it also works for nails, which are also made of keratin.

I used this for 2 weeks straight with no sign of improvement. I started losing lashes while removing my makeup and mascara. I don't recommend.

(I used on my eyelashes only).Miracle worker! After reading many postive reviews, i purchased Rexall brand castor oil in the laxative section of my local grocery store. Cost around a dollar. I am really bad about sticking to beauty routines, but i managed to apply it twice a week for a month. I poured a bit of oil on the back of my hand,rubbed a clean mascara wand in it,wiped off the excess and applied it just like mascara. And wow! My broken off lashes grew back in,and I would swear they were slightly longer too! Actually haven't used in about 8 months, but the new growth remains. Applied again today, I would like to start using regularly again and see what happens.

on 4/20/2016 1:52:00 PM

After my chemo was completed and had surgery, I decided to try the castor oil on my nonexistent eyelashes and eyebrows. It drove me crazy not having eyelashes and when I tried the false lashes, I glued my eyes shut! LOL! After I came home from the hospital, I would apply castor to my brow area and the rims of my eyes every morning and night. I was able to apply in the morning because I didn't where any makeup while recovering. Within a week, I kid you not, I could see the rims of my eyes darkening due to the tiny little lashes coming in. My brows came in a little slower but within a 3-4 week period I had a full set of normal length lashes. My brows filled in as well but I still had to use brow makeup. I even tried a little on my front scalp just to see and within a week, I could see the little hairs!

on 3/9/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this every other day for a few weeks on my lashes and eyebrows, and especially in my lashes I've seen a change. They might've gotten a little longer, but most of all they've gotten a lot stronger. I've had problems with my eyelashes breaking off a lot, sometimes so much that there's a noticeable "gap" in my lashes where several has fallen off. Since I started using castor oil I've seen significantly less lashes break off when taking off makeup etc. In my brows I haven't seen as much of a change, but it might still come. I apply the oil with an eyeliner brush along the upper lash line, kind of like I would an eyeliner, a while before I go to bed. Sometimes I also dab a little onto the end of the lashes to give an extra boost to the actual lashes.

My eyes are quite sensitive, so initially I was a bit scared about applying an oil that irritates eyes right near the lash line and/or on my lashes. But the oil is thick enough to really stay where you've put it, and I haven't had any problems with it. When I researched the oil I saw a lot of people saying you should remove any excess oil in the morning when you wash your face, but I swear I don't have any oil to remove come morning. Either my lashes and brows are just really thirsty and drinks it all up, or I smush my face deep enough into my pillow to rub it off during the night.

I will continue to use it and I hope that over time I'll get longer lashes as well as stronger ones.

Popular Brows Products