Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

on 8/25/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I mix it with sweet almond oil and....
Use it as a mascara remover, since it doesn't sting, it's inexpensive, and moisturizing.
Add essential oils like Rosemary, cedar, eucalyptus, orange, and use it as a hair oil treatment.

Does it grow lashes and brows? Well I haven't seen any difference, but I'm tired of over the counter products that are expensive, trial and error, mistakes or rip offs.

on 2/11/2017 7:37:00 PM

Castor oil has been AMAZING for me. I started using it for acne, and it's great for so much more than that. About 5 months ago I suddenly started getting cystic acne, which I haven't had a lot of, despite my acne-prone skin. I got like three or four big ones in a month, and not only were they impossible to cover with makeup, but they hurt SO bad. So, after a bit of research, I came upon castor oil. I started using it, very lightly (it's very thick) on my face a few times a week, and I was very happy with the results. Not only did my cystic acne start shrinking, but the rest of my face was practically glowing! I continued to use it even after my acne went away, and I'm so happy I did, because my skin is sooo smooth and soft now. I can't recommend it enough! But, be sure to not use too much! Like I said, it's thick. I only use a small amount, and rub it in circles all over my face. Also, you can find it really cheap! I got a bottle of it for only 6 dollars, and 5 months later I have used less than half of it. It also doesn't have too much of a smell, kinda just smells faintly of oil. It also might take around 10 mins to fully absord, so don't be shocked if your face looks kinda oily for that amount of time. But after that, it's all gone! Give it a try!

on 8/23/2016 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Alright so avoiding profanities will be hard for me here because I got a lot to say. If you want my simple SFW review, I'll list the pros/cons at the end for you.

For some background: I had no intention of buying some fancy ass organic ass expensive ass oil for my eyebrows. So I bought Meijer brand Castor Oil, in the laxative aisle. It was cheap (like $3?) for a huge ass bottle and lawd I have been blessed.
Have you ever suffered through the disappointment of growing out your eyebrows for almost a full year after a horrific threading session? Have you had to rebuild your trust in others, your confidence, your faith in humanity because a little lady at the mall turned your foreign baddie eyebrows into stripper brows?
If this is you, you need castor oil. This made my eyebrows grow so quickly. I've had a series of bad eyebrow wax/thread/removal and my eyebrow hair growth has been slowing down. I was afraid my eyebrows would never be as thick as they once were (to be entirely honest, they're still not there yet). My eyebrows are getting back to where they were and I am so happy. I'm still gonna continue using this because it really makes a difference.
Just a word to the wise, don't be heavy handed with this!! I applied this at night and it definitely broke me out a little because my eyebrows were way too saturated.

PROS:
- thicker, fuller eyebrow
- it works

CONS:
- too much can break you out

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a great cheap do-it-yourself trick to keep eyelashes healthy. I rub it on my lashes and around my eye area. It keeps my lashes healthy, and they seem stronger and fall out less. Here's a tip.: to keep oil from getting contaminated pour a little in a glass or disposable shot glass and apply with a Q tip or disposable mascara wands that can be cheaply bought in large bags. You oil and application tools will always be fresh and clean.Can't go wrong with this natural product far as I can see.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff stings like hell if you get it in your eyes so I haven't been able to use it for eyelash growth but I have used it and loved it on my brows. It feels sticky like honey but once you get past that it's alright.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far so good.
I use this for my lashes and it seems that they are growing and maybe a little thicker.
If anything they are healthier.
It is thick and can be messy but I have mine in a dropper bottle and apply with a mascara wand or just my finger.
I try to use it when I remember.
I does migrate and slides around my area which is moisturizing and makes my skin soft in the morning, I think it may just be helping with my undereye circles and fine lines, it also can get into my eyes sometimes but does not burn or cause irritation just blurriness if I do not go to sleep immediately lol
I cannot use moisturizer around my eyes because it causes puffiness including eye creams but the little bit that slides off my lashes around my eye area seems to be perfect.

I did try this when I was trying out different OCM methods but none worked for my skin and caused me to break out and made me more oily than normal.

Update 12/2016
I decided to give the OCM a try once again to see if I can help my skin recover.
My skin has been breaking out like crazy and now it is a mess.
I wanted to go with something simple and gentle so I figured I would go natural first and see how that does.
I am using 1/2 castor oil and 1/2 olive oil with tea tree and Frankincense for OCM.
I am using 1/3 castor with 2/3 olive oil for a scalp treatment.
I will update if I notice any improvements.

Final results
This did, in fact, help my skin and it started to heal a little.
It did work well for my scalp but you need to wash very well to get this out as it is a very thick consistency. I did find that it softened my skin and healed dry patches very well!
I had a dry patch on my elbow would not go away but I applied this and overnight it was improved drastically. It does feel heavy and sticky at first but it does sink in and absorbs leaving behind moisturized, buttery skin.
I will continue to use it for lashes when I feel like, for my scalp, castor oil packs, and healing my skin but I have found that CeraVe foaming cleanser is what has helped my skin the most and it is just more convenient for me personally.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have lost my front hair an year back and the rest ones are also very thin and getting thinner day by day. Does castor oil help to regrow my hair back? And how to apply it for regrowth?
Thanks.

on 5/8/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I started using Castor Oil (Banyan Botanicals Organic Castor Oil) because of all the eyelash reviews here. My lashes are short, thin and spaced irregularly, they tend to clump together so at any given moment they tend to look like I just woke up from a winter's-length hibernation. Nice, huh. I haven't used it long enough to give a truly definitive answer on the lash thing but it seems that my lashes might possibly be looking healthier, however I'll leave that part of the review to the hundreds below my review. And hope. The thing that has impressed me is that I can actually put castor oil on my face, that close to my eyes and it DOES NOT IRRITATE MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! I have sensitive skin and extremely sensitive eyes so most any product that I use I have problems if it gets anywhere close to my eyes. Castor Oil is the exception. I wanted to announce this in hopes it might be of help to someone, somewhere along and down the line who needs oil near the eye area for whatever reason. Extremely gentle oil, I can even let it get in my eyes with zero irritation, yes, I applied the stuff directly to my lashes.
***UPDATE*** I read this on livestrong regarding using around the eye area: TAKE NOTE:
under the heading:
Irritation and Allergies
I found this excerpt:
Castor oil may also be used to treat certain eye disorders, but may result in irritation and discomfort of the skin around the eye, and may also cause mild cell death in your cornea.
BE CAREFUL!

on 4/28/2015 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have been doing oil cleansing, and had castor oil in the mix along with coconut oil and soybean oil. I had been eyeing my lashes for the past few days thinking to myself that they looked thicker - like there were a lot more lashes along the base. Today when I put my mascara on, I was like HOLY COW! Something is making my eyelashes grow!! I realized it had to be the castor oil! Now, I don't put it specifically on my lashes, but apply it everywhere. I then use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe off my makeup and clean my skin - no soap, so I suppose it is hanging around the base of my lashes, which is where it needs to be if it is going to help your eyelashes (not applied with a mascara wand, unless you are really getting it onto the base of the lashes too).

Kowabunga man! I had no idea others were already onto this! I figured it had to the castor oil, because I know it is used for dry eye and works very well for that, so castor oil is pretty darn fantastic stuff as far as I am concerned. I am also rubbing it into my skin right before I get out of the shower to seal in moisture. I then follow it up with a good moisturizer that contains urea as at least the 3rd (if not 2nd) ingredient.

Now that I know it does such a fantastic job with eyelashes, it's going on my eyebrows and hairline as well!

Popular Brows Products