Filtered by hair type : Relaxed

4.7

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

When i was growing my natural hair out, made my hair strands so thick and healthy. I use this stuff on my eyebrows to help grow them out as well as my eyelashes using an old mascara brush that;s been washed out. I prefer Jamaican Black castor oil. Despise the sunny isle brand. Love this stuff. smells terrible tho :(

on 12/17/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I tried castor oil about a year or so ago to grow out my edges and help my poor wimpy little eyebrows but wasn't consistent with it and just couldn't seem to get it to work for me. I was making the mistake of using it plain and no matter how small of an amount you use, if you use it alone it will be too thick and sticky.

Fast forward to about 3 months ago and i started mixing it with avocado oil (1/3 castor oil, 2/3 avocado oil) in a small bottle for removing eye makeup and i started noticing how much thicker and longer my lashes looked. I noticed they were fuller first and now they're longer, to the point that it looks like i'm wearing one coat of mascara even when they're bare. I've started to using around my edges in the front to hopefully grow out my bangs faster. Good stuff and it really does work if you use it sparingly and consistently.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have used Castor Oil off and on for 20 years. However, I never considered it a beauty products. My grandmother used it on her hair nightly and she would tell use to use it for EVERYTHING. Just considred it something granny knew about and passed along.

Use it on my girls hair nightly. DDD so our hair needs lots of moisture. Castor oil provides it w/out feeling greasy. I brush the oil 'into' their hair/scalp so it will not appear sit on top of their hair. (hope that makes sense).

Also pour castor oil into my lotions (usually drug store brands). Lots of moisture and gives me a nice glowy/shiny. Keeps winter skin looking freshy and dewy.

Don't like the smell but it fades quickly. Very cheap and numerous uses. A stample in my home.

Popular Brows Products