Filtered by hair type : Kinky

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this every night on my eyebrows and eyelashes and I have seen a great improvement in length and thickness. I see a few people have a problem with the oil going in their eyes (it doesn't cause any damage, it just gives you temporary blurry vision), but i just apply a little to the tips of my lashes and this is enough to coat you lashes because it will slowly slide over the rest of you lashes as you sleep, so you don't end up with too much excess. If it does go in your eyes don't worry just wash it out, but if you don't wash it out it soon clears up in a few hours anyway. I also use a little bit on my brows during the day to keep them in place if I haven't filled in my eyebrows, only a little bit so it doesn't look shiny. During the winter when I get dry skin around my nose, I just dab a little bit on dry patches in the morning and at night to stop my skin from becoming flaky (it hasn't caused any spots for me when I do this).

on 8/27/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Using castor oil has made my eyebrows seem thicker, but I don't like that it's smell can be overpowering and that it's very thick. I've stopped using castor oil for a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed that my eyebrows have returned to how they were before. I don't like that I have to use this all the time to see results, and that the results aren't lasting.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Quite simply the best oil for my thick natural 4C textured hair. I apply after washing when damp to seal in moisture. It makes my hair grow thick, and STRONG too. I love it. I haven't really used it for face or body as its very thick in consistency. I do however think its great for nails. I just purchased a generic cheap bottle for £2.99 marked 'Caribbean castor oil' it works great. Don't go spending big bucks.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I got a medium ish sized bottle from a pharmacy in Bedford for 3.27 :-)

I let a trickle of this gloop onto my cleaned mascara wand (max factor one) the brush it through my lashes, en do the same on the other eye. Sometimes I'll whizz the wand over my brows as well.
I've noticed since doing this nightly with the odd hour in a morning, my lashes are much much longer than usual! I've had no issues with dry or falling out lashes!

Well another great use is to remove waterproof mascara! I had to buy some waterproof max factor for the first time ever due to constant rainy damp weather her in Manchester uk! I soaked a cotton wool pad with castor oil, rubbed another cotton wool pad ton this to distribute it between two pads, and gently rubbed at my lashes, which took the lot off no problem!

Awesome product!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

There's a difference between the one that you buy at the drug store and Whole Foods version. The drug store brand smells stronger. The Jamaican version also smells smokier and stronger. The Whole Foods brand has a really mild scent to it but they all work the same and it's a really cheap natural product.
I use it straight at night all over my face and in the day mix a drop with a lot of Cetaphil for my body and Palmers Cocoa Butter for my face. It really moisturizes, prevents wrinkles and it also has anti bacterial properties. Look it up on the web to see the full benefits. Apparently they even used to use castor oil in Ancient Egypt!!
I use 2 parts castor oil mixed with 1 part pure coconut oil, 2 parts olive oil and 1 part pure shea butter on my hair after I wash/condition it. It eliminates the need for hair serum, moisturizer, or straightening cream and the castor oil mix makes the flat iron go smoothly through my hair and makes it straighter than anythng else I've ever tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have to testify on the goodness of castor oil. I use it mainly on my hair and it is incredible. My hair is getting very thick, healthy, and dense thanks to the daily use of castor oil. I don't know how it does it, but castor oil will make your hair grow in thick and dark whether you use it on your brows, lashes, or scalp. This is a very old remedy that was used by the Egyptians and in my family. My great-grandmother used castor oil to keep her hair healthy. At 80 years old she had head-full of thick, shiny black hair. It keeps the skin soft too.

Popular Brows Products