Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to delete my original review and replace it with a new one.
I've bought a castor oil from Amazon, they sell it in a fancy packaging with a dropper and tiny brushes and spooleys for the application.
After three weeks of use, I was blown out by the Castor Oil performance, but now I've been using it for more than two months daily and my impression had changed.
At first, I thought 'Why didn't I've tried you sooner?!' It seemed to me that the condition of my eyebrows has seriously changed while in reality, it didn't, except the fact that same brow hair that I originally had started to grow faster and longer. There is zero new hair growth, just a conditioning effect.
The sparse areas that I thought got some new fair just got covered by the longer and a bit thicker hair nearby.
I've also tried it on my lashes (on the roots) and they've got more conditioned, as well.

Overal it isn't a miracle product by any means and the smell is horrific.

on 6/3/2018 2:33:00 PM

I visited my little sister after about a month of not seeing her, and I was amazed at how long her eyelashes were. She's always had very short, straight, flat eyelashes, and suddenly they were 3 times the length, fuller and curled upwards. She told me she had been putting castor oil on them at night.

It's been about a month of me applying castor oil (just regular cheap not special) on my eyelashes and I am AMAZED. I was not at all religious with it, I only used it maybe twice a week when I went to bed. Just by 8 ish uses my lashes are way longer, thicker and there's way more of them. I work as a cosmetician and every customer I have is convinced I have falsies on or extensions. I always recommend castor oil over the expensive fancy serums we sell. I had a big gap in my lashes from ripping them out with falsies and within a week that gap was full of long, thick lashes. I have 3, maybe 4 rows of lashes now compared to 1. Serums don't give volume but this does like crazy. I absolutely adore the look of my lashes now, even more than the look of falsies. The outer corners of my lashes are the hardest to grow, but the lashes there are so crazy long and thick now that it gives my eyes the perfect winged look. I actually can't wear natural falsies now because my lashes are longer than them.

Pleeease save your money and try this, just apply with a fresh Q tip before bed on your lash line and wash off in the morning. It worked on making my eyebrows more full too.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Castor oil has been absolutely amazing on my hair! It is now thicker, and the grey hair falls out. I use a mask of it on weekends, sleeping with a plastic shower cap. I also use it on my eyebrows and eyelashes, getting similar results.
I’m looking for an inexpensive shampoo that will get the oil out of my hair. Does anyone have recommendations?

on 3/3/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My daughter actually believed the hype and bought this for MY eyebrows. Ridiculous, putting thick oil on your eyebrows will not make them grow again. I wonder you made up that myth

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of castor oil. However I never use it on its own - way too drying!

I always use it as a part of some self made concotion - I will spread it on my wet hair as a weekly mask mixed with a couple of pumps of OUAI's Rose Hair and Body Oil (which is basically sunflower and shea butter oils, smells faintly with fresh roses and contains no silicones), I'll use it to seal aloe vera gel patted on my feet (also mixed with the rose oil from Ouai) and hands. It is a great all rounder but as I say - only as a part of the mix with other oils (let's say as a third of that mix, a small spoonful max).

I'm growing my hair out at the moment and I am interested in anything that will make the process less painful. I'm growing out a pixie cut and my hair grows painfully slow, it is thin and prone to falling out I was of course not expecting miracles. But after a couple of uses of the oil I've noticed a significant, positive change. My hair maybe did not grow massively (I do my 'hair oil soak' once a week) but it appears volumised, a bit less frizzy and it has SHINE! I need to make sure I wash off the oil mix completely, otherwise my hair looks heavy and lank - sometimes I need to apply a thick layer of conditioner over the oiled hair and only then use the shampoo (twice!) but the faff of keeping it on my head under a shower cap and towel turban for a couple of hours is worth it in my opinion.

I bought a big bottle of this oil from Pukka, it is organic, has a very faint smell and as I do not use a lot of it, it will last ages, which also makes it very cost effective.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

on 8/25/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Castor oil is really thick. I mix it with sweet almond oil and....
Use it as a mascara remover, since it doesn't sting, it's inexpensive, and moisturizing.
Add essential oils like Rosemary, cedar, eucalyptus, orange, and use it as a hair oil treatment.

Does it grow lashes and brows? (Update: actually yes, my overplucked brows - overplucked 10+ years ago - have new little hairs, so ya: i can't believe it is actually working, even if a little bit.). It's thick and gloopy, but worth it, for even a little bit of growth. If i would apply it daily, maybe it would be better. It's not a routine, yet.

I'm tired of over the counter products that are expensive, trial and error, mistakes or rip offs. This is only about $2 for a bottle, and it has plenty of uses. I am actually suprised to see new little hairs.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for a week so I feel like I may be writing this a bit prematurely, BUT. Wow. I can see such a difference already! I use it for brows and lashes. I was another victim of the thin eyebrow trend and have pretty pathetic patchy brows. I slather this on at night and massage it in. The sparse areas are filling in already! Im kind of dumbfounded as to how quickly this seems to be working for me. My eyelashes have been tortured with extensions on and off for the past 5 years. Sometimes I like to have a break and wear mascara. My lashes are blonde, thin and short. But holy crap. they seem mm's longer already. It's almost as if my brows and lashes have been screaming out for nutrition and have sucked it up like a dehydrated plant. I will do an update in a month or so and maybe upload pics! Side note: I also use this as a lup balm at night, its sooo moisturising. And under my eyes to try and nourish the dark circles. Such an awesome product!

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

on 12/16/2016 4:01:00 PM

I have been using Humco cold pressed castor oil every night for several months on my brows and under eyes to combat dark circles. My brows are thicker than ever, a few spots that needed filling have grown in, and my dark circles are noticeably decreased. I had a reaction when I used it on my lashes as it clogged my lash line too much, and got a huge painful sty, so can no longer use it on my lashes, but am very happy with the results I achieved by using it on my brows and under eye area.

Popular Brows Products