Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 5/10/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have been using for two weeks. Applied with clean spoolie. Haven't noticed much change to my sparse Asian brows or lashes, but my combination skin, tending towards dry, and prone to hives and milia has not gone crazy either. (I have been very careful in application though and do not apply to lower lashes). Will continue for another two weeks unless I lose patience. Even if there is no noticeable growth, it's probably good to condition or moisturize my lashes and brows.

UPDATE: I applied CO to curled lashes and my lashes stayed curled for over 12 hours, a definite record. Which makes CO a good option for weekend bare face days. . .

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Castor oil: one of the best oils for wrinkles and neck wrinkles!! (My aunt swears by this and she has ZERO wrinkles on her face and neck) and she has had ZERO plastic surgery or botox. (Shes also a vegan which is known to seriously slow down aging). I use this all over my face , eyes, and neck every night. Its very thick but so far being in my mid 30s, some my 20 year old friends look older than me lol. Im going to forever use this stuff every night.

on 10/27/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is causing my brows to re-grow!
I am also applying this to cystic acne. It heals it immediately and halts the spread. I blend it with minerals when I need coverage.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a great cheap do-it-yourself trick to keep eyelashes healthy. I rub it on my lashes and around my eye area. It keeps my lashes healthy, and they seem stronger and fall out less. Here's a tip.: to keep oil from getting contaminated pour a little in a glass or disposable shot glass and apply with a Q tip or disposable mascara wands that can be cheaply bought in large bags. You oil and application tools will always be fresh and clean.Can't go wrong with this natural product far as I can see.

on 11/25/2015 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I think that after about 1 month of use I have enough evidence to write this review. I started using castor oil on my brows, but without much hope that it will achieve anything. Still, there must've been a glimmer of hope there somewhere :-) - right?
I am the victim of the 70s fashion - thin, archy, plucked eyebrows. My original eyebrows were thick, almost 'manly' in appearance. I've been plucking for so long, that one day I realised that there is no need to pluck any more.
With age, my hair went white, my brows faded, and for a time now I've been dyeing the brows - makes really big difference, but I need to do it about every 2-3 weeks. So this is the background.
About a month ago I decided to try the castor oil magic - mostly incited by positive reviews here. Thank you thank you thank you!!! I bought a bottle of just plain regular castor oil (not organic) at the chemist shop. Very cheap. I had an empty serum pump bottle that could be opened and refilled - I wanted to use a dispensing bottle where there is minimal contact of my fingers with the oil. I've been using the oil most nights (sometimes I forget) and recently started noticing a timid but visible growth under the brows, in the plucked wastelands. I need a good magnifying mirror to actually see these tiny hair, but they are definitely there, and growing, and looking dark. This is not the facial 'fuzz' but proper baby brow hair. I am absolutely thrilled!
I've been using the oil on the lashes as well, but my lashes are decently long and thick, so I didn't notice that much difference.

Obsessed. For years I hunted for this stuff after seeing Pinterest rave about it, could not find it anywhere in stores or health food places, and gave up search. Silly me, it's easy to find via internet my gosh. I found a 4 oz. bottle (which will last me a long time!) online (eBay) for $4.69 +free shipping, from "Health & Beauty", Organic USP Grade Cold-Pressed Castor Oil. Not gonna lie, I have seen some seriously noticeable results. I originally wanted this product for my brows + lashes, which grew insanely fast + beautiful. Now I use it all over my dry/combo acne-prone face + body before I go to bed (I'm especially dry in the heat of California summer). I apply it at nightime by pouring a teaspoon in my hand + gently patting directly onto my eyelashes + eyebrows, then the rest under my eye + lids. I even noticed my under-eye dark circles dissipate. I am a huge fan of coconut oil for my skin but lately I prefer the thickness of castor oil for particularly dry areas. The smell does not bother me, nor does the thicker texture. Totally worth it + next time I'm buying a way bigger bottle from the same people to fill little bottles to share with my friends + family.

on 6/30/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for my sparse eyebrows for over a month and I see a difference but it doesn't seem very significant. I have stopped plucking except the necessary stray hairs here and there. I've quit trying to sculpt them while I use this. My brows are sparse with scarring FYI. The scars won't fill in but I do see some hair growth in the sparse parts. I don't think this is something that will give instant result, so just be aware of that. Maybe after a few more months maybe I'll have the desired results, fingers crossed.
Also, this is not like other oils, this is thick and sticky. Which is good because it doesn't run down my face. IF you want to use this for hair please get the PURE or UNREFINED. And also, COLD PRESSED.
11/2/15 UPDATE: Not much improvement, brows still looks about the same..... I guess I'll just have to accept that I will never have full brows

on 5/8/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I started using Castor Oil (Banyan Botanicals Organic Castor Oil) because of all the eyelash reviews here. My lashes are short, thin and spaced irregularly, they tend to clump together so at any given moment they tend to look like I just woke up from a winter's-length hibernation. Nice, huh. I haven't used it long enough to give a truly definitive answer on the lash thing but it seems that my lashes might possibly be looking healthier, however I'll leave that part of the review to the hundreds below my review. And hope. The thing that has impressed me is that I can actually put castor oil on my face, that close to my eyes and it DOES NOT IRRITATE MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! I have sensitive skin and extremely sensitive eyes so most any product that I use I have problems if it gets anywhere close to my eyes. Castor Oil is the exception. I wanted to announce this in hopes it might be of help to someone, somewhere along and down the line who needs oil near the eye area for whatever reason. Extremely gentle oil, I can even let it get in my eyes with zero irritation, yes, I applied the stuff directly to my lashes.
***UPDATE*** I read this on livestrong regarding using around the eye area: TAKE NOTE:
under the heading:
Irritation and Allergies
I found this excerpt:
Castor oil may also be used to treat certain eye disorders, but may result in irritation and discomfort of the skin around the eye, and may also cause mild cell death in your cornea.
BE CAREFUL!

on 5/5/2015 10:20:00 AM

I have been applying it on the root of my eye lashes and eye brows before I go to bed about 4 times a week for 3 to 4 weeks now, I can see that my lashes has grown longer, but not fuller. I didn't see any difference on my eye brows though. Will keep on using and see how long my lashes can grow :)

Popular Brows Products