Filtered by hair type : Other

3.9

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 8/23/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have castor oil in a pump glass bottle and use a tiny drop each night on my eyebrows and my lashes so they saty strong and moisturized. I totally see the difference when I skip it, my eyebrows are everywhere, with the castor oil they look polished and stay in place.

I used this for 2 weeks straight with no sign of improvement. I started losing lashes while removing my makeup and mascara. I don't recommend.

on 7/28/2015 1:18:00 PM

This is such a great product. I mix this in with my conditioner and then leave it on my hair for a few minutes when I'm in the shower. It makes such a difference in the softness in my hair. I noticed it really conditions my hair and leaves it softer and more manageable. It's a very thick consistency, so a little goes a long way. The smell is neutral, which I like. Definitely a gem of a product. Highly recommend!

on 7/13/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I love castor oil. It is one of my favorite. It's a thick oil with a yellow tinge. It has an offensive smell but I tolerate it for the benefits. I use it on my eyebrows every now and then to fill out mishaps or too condition the area. I focus it on my hairline when it appears thin otherwise I rub a bit roughly all over to seal in moisture or pre-poo. What I get is soft glossy hair. Sometimes I cut it with another carrier oil to ease spreading.

on 5/8/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I purchased this in reading about its effectiveness on hair (particularly lashes and brows) and decided to try it out for myself; safe to say, completely satisfied! I literally had five lower lashes that I would groom like some endangered animals but after applying this almost every night, new lashes grew like sprouts and results, for me, showed in as quick as a week after applying nightly (I even skipped some nights) although two weeks showed a more solid result. I applied to my top lashes also and they grew out noticeably; my friends all saw the results, asked, and I got them on it as well (one of them had pulled out their lashes by accident and it grew them back out)! I also applied to my eye brows and it was definitely just as effective, although it wasn't overwhelmingly bushy which is nice. Also I haven't applied recently (plan on it again) but the results still remain from when I did apply before. And after a night's application, I just wash my face like normal and ta da!

I also tried this for my hair but I didn't see a huge difference in that. I tried two methods: mixing it in with shampoo during shower and applying directly to my scalp and leaving overnight with a shower cap. I must say I couldn't do it enough for leaving it on overnight to see results as it got very messy and felt like my head was suffocating but I did try the shampoo method for a while. It made my hair texture a bit...tough? I didn't like it, nor did I see results enough to continue so I would recommend it definitely for lashes and brows, but not so much in terms of your head hair.

Additionally, I wear glasses/contacts and I recommend you do this before you go to sleep because it will get all over your glasses if your lashes touch the lens, and if I put too much and it went in my eyes, it tended to blur my vision (doesn't hurt at all though and my eyes are quite sensitive). By morning it would get flushed out naturally so I never saw a problem when I woke up.

I was able to find the HomeHealth brand castor oil at the Whole Foods I have access to (although I think brand doesn't matter as much as whether it is cold pressed but I am no expert in that part). I also bought a small droplet bottle from the container store as the packaging for these are not too user-friendly and can get messy if you are using your hands (Q-tips work but the oil is very thick so it takes a bit to absorb into the cotton, and when I'm applying with my fingers, I rub them together to apply heat and make it a bit less thick to apply). Overall, highly recommend, and the price is not bad at all as it lasts forever (could even split a bottle with friends as it uses very little for face)!

*sidenote: I have also used this for mixing to do the oil cleansing method (I mixed with extra virgin olive oil to do once a week) and it worked splendidly though very messy; it seems pretty multifunctional which is a plus.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love my oil..Is great for my skin and hair.

on 9/23/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried this several times in cleansing oil mixes at different ratios and it clogs my pores, breaks me out and irritates my eyes. It works great for some but I won't try it again.

Popular Brows Products