Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to delete my original review and replace it with a new one.
I've bought a castor oil from Amazon, they sell it in a fancy packaging with a dropper and tiny brushes and spooleys for the application.
After three weeks of use, I was blown out by the Castor Oil performance, but now I've been using it for more than two months daily and my impression had changed.
At first, I thought 'Why didn't I've tried you sooner?!' It seemed to me that the condition of my eyebrows has seriously changed while in reality, it didn't, except the fact that same brow hair that I originally had started to grow faster and longer. There is zero new hair growth, just a conditioning effect.
The sparse areas that I thought got some new fair just got covered by the longer and a bit thicker hair nearby.
I've also tried it on my lashes (on the roots) and they've got more conditioned, as well.

Overal it isn't a miracle product by any means and the smell is horrific.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Do not use this anywhere you don't want hair! you will grow facial hair. if you use this to attempt removing makeup or as a face wash be prepared for random hair. I speak from experience. I read somewhere that Castor oil helps with acne and you know how we are when we hear something works for acne, we try it! Well, at first I was like "wow I love Castor oil, removes makeup so well and doesn't break me out". wrong! instead I grew random spots of hair that I didn't have before. Under the chin, on my cheeks. yes you can say that many other factors can contribute to this happening however I firmly believe it was the castor oil. it's great for lashes, eyebrows the hair on your head! anyway luckily I had electrolysis done and got it permanently removed. I tend to stay from products that have castor oil in them too.

on 3/10/2018 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Beware! Castor oil does not fight wrinkles, it creates them! After reading the stellar reviews and endless videos promoting castor oil for eyelash growth and anti-aging I bought two bottles and got to work. I used it for 2 weeks and let me tell you the growth was real, my lashes got super long and strong. However in the span of those two measly weeks my undereyes got deep new wrinkles where there was none before, especially in the crow’s feet area. It is crazy to me this is used as an undereye cream to prevent wrinkles. Castor oil causes premature aging. I still use it for hair growth on my scalp but I’ll never put it anywhere near my eyes again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of castor oil. However I never use it on its own - way too drying!

I always use it as a part of some self made concotion - I will spread it on my wet hair as a weekly mask mixed with a couple of pumps of OUAI's Rose Hair and Body Oil (which is basically sunflower and shea butter oils, smells faintly with fresh roses and contains no silicones), I'll use it to seal aloe vera gel patted on my feet (also mixed with the rose oil from Ouai) and hands. It is a great all rounder but as I say - only as a part of the mix with other oils (let's say as a third of that mix, a small spoonful max).

I'm growing my hair out at the moment and I am interested in anything that will make the process less painful. I'm growing out a pixie cut and my hair grows painfully slow, it is thin and prone to falling out I was of course not expecting miracles. But after a couple of uses of the oil I've noticed a significant, positive change. My hair maybe did not grow massively (I do my 'hair oil soak' once a week) but it appears volumised, a bit less frizzy and it has SHINE! I need to make sure I wash off the oil mix completely, otherwise my hair looks heavy and lank - sometimes I need to apply a thick layer of conditioner over the oiled hair and only then use the shampoo (twice!) but the faff of keeping it on my head under a shower cap and towel turban for a couple of hours is worth it in my opinion.

I bought a big bottle of this oil from Pukka, it is organic, has a very faint smell and as I do not use a lot of it, it will last ages, which also makes it very cost effective.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

on 12/16/2016 4:01:00 PM

I have been using Humco cold pressed castor oil every night for several months on my brows and under eyes to combat dark circles. My brows are thicker than ever, a few spots that needed filling have grown in, and my dark circles are noticeably decreased. I had a reaction when I used it on my lashes as it clogged my lash line too much, and got a huge painful sty, so can no longer use it on my lashes, but am very happy with the results I achieved by using it on my brows and under eye area.

on 12/11/2016 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have never used castor oil on my lashes or brows.

I do use it regularly in my hair as a leave in conditioner and curl definer. I have long, color treated, naturally curly hair that is prone to frizz, breakage, and damage. I pour a dime to nickel sized drop in my palm, rub my hands together and squeeze the oil into the lower third of my hair -- especially the ends. It is sort of the old scrunch technique. I do this to wet hair after washing.

Nothing controls frizz, softens brittleness, or defines curls better. Castor oil has an interesting lipstick-base smell. Not everyone will like it, but it does remind me of lipsticks from my childhood.

Leftover oil gets rubbed into nails and cuticles.

Coconut oil is raged about too much. coconut oil is NOT non comedogenic and will clog every pore in your body. I have no idea what the beauty hype is about with coconut oil. Castor oil is the best! My review is different, I use castor oil as a primer and my foundation stays on forever. I tried every primer on the market to get my foundation to stay put, researched every page on the internet and my makeup would never stay. Changed my skin care (I'm combo, went from skincare to treat oily skin to skincare for hydration) and it was still the same outcome of makeup disappearing. forget how I stumbled across castor oil but tried it and will never ever use a different primer again! I initially started using with the growth of my eyelashes after I removed my extensions and have stopped applying to my lashes now they have grown back. I now use castor oil on my face under foundation (I use Estée Lauder double wear) and I slather, and I mean SLATHER it on under my eyes, top of my eye socket and on the side of my eye to prevent wrinkles forming (I'm 22). This is only for when I'm going to bed. ALSO ITS THE BEST UNDER CONCEALER I have some under eye fine lines BUT NO CREASES WHEN I USE CASTOR OIL! I LOVE U CASTOR OIL!!!

Popular Brows Products