Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

on 12/16/2016 4:01:00 PM

I have been using Humco cold pressed castor oil every night for several months on my brows and under eyes to combat dark circles. My brows are thicker than ever, a few spots that needed filling have grown in, and my dark circles are noticeably decreased. I had a reaction when I used it on my lashes as it clogged my lash line too much, and got a huge painful sty, so can no longer use it on my lashes, but am very happy with the results I achieved by using it on my brows and under eye area.

on 12/11/2016 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have never used castor oil on my lashes or brows.

I do use it regularly in my hair as a leave in conditioner and curl definer. I have long, color treated, naturally curly hair that is prone to frizz, breakage, and damage. I pour a dime to nickel sized drop in my palm, rub my hands together and squeeze the oil into the lower third of my hair -- especially the ends. It is sort of the old scrunch technique. I do this to wet hair after washing.

Nothing controls frizz, softens brittleness, or defines curls better. Castor oil has an interesting lipstick-base smell. Not everyone will like it, but it does remind me of lipsticks from my childhood.

Leftover oil gets rubbed into nails and cuticles.

Coconut oil is raged about too much. coconut oil is NOT non comedogenic and will clog every pore in your body. I have no idea what the beauty hype is about with coconut oil. Castor oil is the best! My review is different, I use castor oil as a primer and my foundation stays on forever. I tried every primer on the market to get my foundation to stay put, researched every page on the internet and my makeup would never stay. Changed my skin care (I'm combo, went from skincare to treat oily skin to skincare for hydration) and it was still the same outcome of makeup disappearing. forget how I stumbled across castor oil but tried it and will never ever use a different primer again! I initially started using with the growth of my eyelashes after I removed my extensions and have stopped applying to my lashes now they have grown back. I now use castor oil on my face under foundation (I use Estée Lauder double wear) and I slather, and I mean SLATHER it on under my eyes, top of my eye socket and on the side of my eye to prevent wrinkles forming (I'm 22). This is only for when I'm going to bed. ALSO ITS THE BEST UNDER CONCEALER I have some under eye fine lines BUT NO CREASES WHEN I USE CASTOR OIL! I LOVE U CASTOR OIL!!!

on 10/22/2016 11:43:00 AM

I couldn't believe my eyelashes today when I did my makeup 🤗 It's been about a month since I started using castor oil on my lashes and brows and WOW I am SOOO impressed. Let me begin from actually describing my natural lashes which are pretty average what makes them worse is having protruding eyes so my lashes grow straight due to heavy lids (I should not risk it and leave house without mascara haha) and their mousy color. They are also suckers at cooperating with me so one eye looks good whereas the other could technically be off of another face and that's all due to my eyelashes being unruly. OK today I put mascara on and I would of fainted glad I was sat down haha they have never been so long, I haven't noticed a difference in colour, I need to investigate that in natural light with clear mascara. My lashes improved by at least 70% and I will continue using the oil. My method to apply is with my finger, the oil is quite thick and your finger makes it more liquid as it releases heat. I basically stamp my lashes at the room making sure the whole lashline is coated and then feather the lengths and tips. At the end I press on to them to get rid of excess oil. Since I over plucked my eyebrows years ago they have never been the same. The oil has really given me my brows back. I don't go to a brow bar and do them myself. They are definitely darker and I have noticed hairs growing into the gaps. Very impressed.

I love castor oil for...pretty much everything. I used it to wash my face a few years ago, and I've used it successfully for brow growth and lash growth.

I moved away from using castor oil for whatever reason, but I was dealing with acne for like nine months and decided to break it out again (just straight castor oil) and my acne disappeared like overnight. I still have a little bit of scarring, but it's like night and day and I'm SO thankful. This is a "modified" version of the OCM on the OCM website and I should PROBABLY mix it with another oil, but I'm going to wait a little bit before I start experimenting.

on 10/7/2016 8:41:00 PM

- The outer third of my brows were very sparse, bald almost, and I always needed to draw them in. Castor oil gave me my full arched brows back in about a month, I don't need to use brow-pencils anymore. I don't know why the outer ends of my brows started to thin about 2 years ago, but I suspect it's hypo-thyroid related. No matter, the issue is resolved!

- I also apply castor oil on my upper and lower lashes every night along with my brows and I do notice that my lashes are fuller and stronger (I was using Cetaphil lotion as an eye-make up remover and that was helping to condition my lashes too). The more noticeable difference are my lower lashes, I barely had any, and I can see them now!

- Once a week (just before bedtime), I mix castor oil with coconut oil (I use Vatika, but any coconut oil will do), and massage into my scalp, concentrating on areas where there is more scalp showing through (like the middle part, and frontal sides)...I also apply along the whole length of my hair. I leave this overnight and shampoo everything off in the morning. A month after doing this, my hair definitely looks thicker and there is less scalp showing through! I also shed alot less. Close friends and family members have noticed and have asked me what I've been using...is it Kerastase? Is it this? Is it that? they mentioned some fancy-schmancy expensive crap I've never even heard off. But no, it's a $2 bottle of pure castor oil from the drugstore!

This stuff is just amazing! I'll never stop using this. I highly recommend!
(disclaimer: some people may be allergic to castor oil, so test on a small area of your skin first).

on 7/30/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are thin and brittle and I had been using coconut oil and olive oil to moisturize them after I removed my polish, along with a wide array of store bought creams and strengthening treatments.

On a whim, I tried castor oil and OMG.
This is my holy grail nail treatment. It really works!! Nothing else worked as well for me.

After using it for a few months, I'm experiencing much less peeling and breakage. My nails are much thicker and stronger. I'm able grow my nails long and keep them strong even if I use polish removers with acetone.

After removing polish, I wash my hands and dry them, then spread the very thick, gooey oil over my nails and let my nails absorb it over time (it usually takes about 20 minutes to a half hour). Sometimes I repeat the repeat the process. When I am ready to polish my nails, I wash my hands and clean my nail beds with alcohol to make sure there is no residual surface oil.

Castor Oil works for hair, so it makes sense that it also works for nails, which are also made of keratin.

Popular Brows Products