Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 10/27/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is causing my brows to re-grow!
I am also applying this to cystic acne. It heals it immediately and halts the spread. I blend it with minerals when I need coverage.

on 10/14/2016 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have luck with this. :( I have a patch in the front of my left brow that is over tweezed and once I realized it, I've been trying to grow it back. I left it alone and some grew back naturally but it's very sparse. I contacted a micro blade artist about doing that and she said to try castor as my brows are pretty thick and it might not be enough to fill it to match my natural ones. So I picked it up. I also started using Hair skin and nails supplements a little before the castor oil.

One of the first things I did was put some into a smaller travel container so it would be easier to use. I have been using this for a few months now, on my lashes and brows. I would rub it a little under my eyes as well to seal in my moisturizers/just for extra protection. I got a few small styes and wondered if it was the castor. I previously used Vaseline with cocoa butter EVERY night on my lashes and eye circles and had no problems and I actually really loved that. I liked how it felt in the am where the castor felt more...Idk like I got more crusty with it and less nourishing. I also started to notice little clogged pores around my brow, but I kept up with it because I do get those sometimes anyway.

I knew it was going to take some time, but after a few months, I really didn't feel it was helping at all. Even with the supplements, I haven't had any growth more than what I did initially. I'm not trying to bash castor, I think it's worth a try for the price. But it doesn't work for everyone/every situation. I went back to the Vaseline and also ordered RapidLash to try on that patch as well as on my lashes.

I also think based on my experience with it on my brows and lashes that it wouldn't work for me to do the OCM with. I have tried that in the past with other oils and haven't found that magical one that works for me yet anyway, but I wouldn't attempt with this because I think my skin doesn't love it as much. I'm trying to find other uses for it though, because I know there are many.

(I used on my eyelashes only).Miracle worker! After reading many postive reviews, i purchased Rexall brand castor oil in the laxative section of my local grocery store. Cost around a dollar. I am really bad about sticking to beauty routines, but i managed to apply it twice a week for a month. I poured a bit of oil on the back of my hand,rubbed a clean mascara wand in it,wiped off the excess and applied it just like mascara. And wow! My broken off lashes grew back in,and I would swear they were slightly longer too! Actually haven't used in about 8 months, but the new growth remains. Applied again today, I would like to start using regularly again and see what happens.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Castor Oil is one of the thicker oils out there. I used it on the rough skin on my feet, elbows etc but I just find that you really cant use this unless youre going to bed because its just so thick.. I didnt really see much of a difference in the major dry areas of my body so the pros dont weighout the cons enough for me to repurchase it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I started using castor oil a week ago for my eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. I've been using it religiously at night before I go to bed, and I'm already seeing results! Both my hair and my lashes are shinier and thicker, and my hair has grown and it's only been 9 days, which I think is amazing! It's so soft now too ^.^ My lashes have also grown, and they're actually starting to wisp out at the corners. Overall I'm definitely pleased with what I'm seeing so far. I'm gonna continue using castor oil every night until my hair is as long as I want it to be :P I think it will be a holy grail item that I will be using for a long time.

* I've also been mixing in coconut oil, it makes the castor oil easier to apply since it's so thick. Coconut oil is another oil that promotes hair growth and health! Love it.

***UPDATE: I've been using castor oil ever since I first wrote this review and my hair has grown a LOT! It's soft, thick, a bit heavy but that's ok :) I'm really happy with it. I do a treatment every 2-3 weeks now (since it takes like 3 days for me to get all the oil out of my hair, it's annoying, so I don't wanna do it all the time).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got castor oil about a week and a half ago to help grow out my eyebrows and what a difference its made! Ive been using it on my eyebrows and lashes over night, and my eyelashes are already flaring out at the corners and my lower lashes are growing farther in than they used to! Places where I never even had lashes are filling in rapidly! Its crazy! I just use my finger to apply them to lashes and brows after I remove all my makeup, before I go to bed.

I had a few gaps in my eyebrows from over tweezing. My thin, sparse brows are already filling in with thicker, darker new hairs! The only downside is that this oil is VERY sticky and hard to work with. It smells kind of odd as well, but in a strange way, I actually like the smell haha. Many people would probably hate the scent though, so thats something to look out for.

I don't know how it benefits hair yet. I've been massaging a few drops of castor on my scalp the night before a wash. I'll update later if I notice results! :)

EDIT 1/25/15: My eyelashes have gotten so thick! I can't even get my mascara on all of them! Curling my eyelashes used to be a daily necessity, now I don't have to curl them anymore! They haven't been getting much longer recently, I think I've pushed them to get as long as they're gonna get, they have been getting darker though and I am getting more volume as well! I massage this oil into my scalp at least an hour before a wash and I haven't noticed a difference with my hair growth yet.

My skin has been getting so dry recently due to the freezing, winter weather. I've been doing to oil cleansing method along with coconut oil, and my skin feels so silky once I do this!

on 8/17/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love discoveries like this. It's dirt cheap, it's natural, and most importantly, it works. Boy, does it work. I've had my brows groomed in the 90's and it's not so bad, it's perfectly arched and symmetrical but it's kinda sparse. So are my lashes. I've used one of those lash serums before and they're really pricey.

For 2 months now, I've applied castor oil with a Q-tip (or cotton bud) to my eyebrows and lashes every night. I've also added it to my shampoo every day when I wash my hair. I'm not sure if it helps my hair, but boy does it help my lashes! I've seen the most significant change to my lashes, and coming behind that, my eyebrows. I love how my lashes look now - so full and long. I think my eyebrows grow faster - but that's just me trying to notice any difference.

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell - it smells like an ashtray. But I've heard about how you can mask it by adding essential oils like lavender so you can do that too. I don't bother - the smell usually dissipates in a while.

So yes, five lippies! I'll continue using this. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Let me first grab your attention by saying that CASTOR OIL REALLY DOES WORK. My eyebrows look like chewbacca's hairy legs at the moment.

Now i've seen some negative reviews on here saying that it doesn't work, but I will prove you wrong with the pictures I am about to upload to my profile!
These are some factors I have come up with to determine probably why the castor oil isn't working for hair growth on you:
-you aren't using cold pressed castor oil. This is an extremely important factor, because the more refined your castor oil is, the less nutrients it will contain. Cold pressed castor oil is basically the process of removing the oil from the seed, without using heat (heat kills all the vital nutrients). I purchase a huge bottle of that organic stuff from whole foods for a whopping 8 bucks! My bottle is still full after having it for 2 years.

-You aren't exfoliating/massaging the area you want to target for hair growth. This is a must, because exfoliating and massaging the areas daily make sure your follicles are well stimulated with blood flow, which in return leads to hair growth.

-You aren't applying the product religiously. If you want to get the Max benefits from castor oil, you must apply it every night before you go to bed, don't be lazy!!

This is my routine:
If I was wearing makeup beforehand I will use coconut oil to remove the makeup from my eyes and eyebrows. It's important to remove every bit of makeup, you don't want to block your hair follicles.

After removing every inch of makeup, I will wash my face will a gentle scent less cleanser. Then I exfoliate my face with a scrub focusing on my eyebrow area. Wash then pay dry.
Then I soak a cotton pad in diluted tea tree oil and rub this all over my eyebrows. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND I ALSO CONTRIBUTE THIS TO MY EYEBROW GROWTH. Tea tree oil is know to stimulate hair growth. After this, I brush out my eyebrow hairs for a minute, using light circulating motions, this stimulates the hairs even more. Lastly, I use a q-tip and generously apply castor oil to my eyebrow area. Make sure every hair is saturated. Also,if you use face creams like I do, avoid getting them around your eyebrows, this can block your hair follicles and promote hair loss.

I have been doing this religiously for 2 months and my eyebrows have grown in like crazy! I will post a before and after picture on my profile if you wanna check them out, (excuse the pimple around my eyebrows, this is the only downside of the castor oil, but I am no longer breaking out, I think my skin just had to get used to the oil.)
Hope I helped!

on 5/7/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Love this stuff!

I use it to massage my face to unclog my pores (oil cleansing method), my hardened sebum bumps (ew!) just slips out with a little squeeze. (I use castor oil + sweet almond oil for this)

I also use it to grow my lashes and eyebrows. I'm Asian so I originally have thin, short lashes but now they're pretty long ;)

Tip for all the ladies but mostly for y'all Asians with small lashes: use the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and a waterproof mascara to show off what castor oil has gifted you! Haha :)

Popular Brows Products